Daniel Candeias Leaves to Turkey

Broxi

Not too bothered really. 

Technically limited and severely lacked composure. His work rate was his strength, but he chucked it several times against the filth. 

Few amazing moments, but they were supplemented with some absolute shockers.

With the narrow 3, Arfield, Jones, Ojo and Kent will all be ahead of him IMO. 

2 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Fuck him. Yes he gave his all for the shirt but for him to leave just cause he isn’t guaranteed a game every week just shows you his mentality. Not cut out to be a Rangers player and thinks he is better than he actually is.

Can't understand that attitude at all.

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Appreciate there is agent costs, signing on bonus etc, but they never did that in the same article when mentioning the Helander and Edmundson costs though. 

They certainly didn’t. They very deliberately did with Aribo.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’d be more inclined to say fuck the likes of Grezda and Lafferty who’ve been told they’ve no future yet continue to sit and pick up a wage.

But aye fuck him for not wanting to sit and take a wage and give us a fee when he could go for free at end of season.

£250k for a clear asset within the side is criminal. 

Aye he may not have always been first choice but he would still have contributed and have had further big moments in a Rangers jersey.

some of the attitudes on here are mind boggling 

9 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Aye he may not have always been first choice but he would still have contributed and have had further big moments in a Rangers jersey.

Tbh not sure how much people expected he’s 32 soon and in last year of his deal.

He wouldn’t have played as much as he wanted so getting an unhappy player off the wage bill is good business imo.

We need to start getting fees for players even if it’s 250k here and there. Our transfer income is shocking due to the absolute shite we’ve had over the years.

Tbf Players that have won stuff like leagues cups and that and play regularly for their national team  will command a higher fee. 

Unfortunately Candeias has been afforded none of that so at 32 and a wage freed up its decent business imo

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

a wage freed up its decent business imo

Think this makes the reports palatable. I think he looked at the types of signings SG was bringing in and he saw the writing on the wall for himself so whilst still in a position to do so he looked after himself, I have no issue with his decision. Hopefully now this wage can finance or go towards a younger emerging talent who will fight tooth and nail to be part of the team/ squad moving forward...

4 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

what can you do if the player wanted to leave? not much

i doubt gerrard would have promised him more first team action, i hope he doesn't do that to any of our players

Not a fan of his anyway but I don’t understand why anyone would have a go at him for leaving.

A longer contract on more money (could be the last contact of his career), and probably been given more assurances of playing regularly than he would’ve got here.

The replacement players are still pretty questionable at this stage but that’s the kind of decisions that will either make or break Gerrard and the success he has here.

Read a translated report from a Turkish source saying he didn't want his kids educated in Scotland, so fair enough

Putting 2 and 2 together here but with him being Portuguese, was his kids in a sectarian school and getting it tight? i dunno

Good luck to him, we have moved on a level and he has moved on

On 23/07/2019 at 12:05, Hutton2008 said:

On paper it seems the right amount.  I think he is worth more than that to us.  We can't give him what he wants though, so I'd rather free up his wage, and get some cash, than have an unhappy player on the bench all season, winding his contract down.