Centre back pairing

Centre backs a position where it is all about the pairing and how well they work together, not just picking the best two. I think Edmundson looks comfortable in the left cb role and Goldson has always been our right hand side cb. I'd like to see Edmunson right cb and trial him with Katic or Helander who has obviously been brought here to be the left footed cb Gerrard has been after

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Goldson is good with the ball at his feet but he’ll never be as good in the air as Edmundson it Katic.  If you play Goldson you need a big physical guy next to him.  

Goldson isn’t actually good with the ball at his feet.

12 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not seen enough of Helander to judge but he does  need to put a bit of muscle on

I thought the same.

I’m going to create a new RM record by judging a player before he has played a competitive match for us 🤣

He has very skinny legs, has a really ‘nervous’ playing style (as mentioned in an article by an Italian journalist when he signed) and kind of reminds me of Bert Konterman! 😱

Watch him have a cracking season for us now....  Hope he does!

It’d be interesting if he and Edmundson are our regular CB pairing. No-one would have seen that coming.

9 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I thought the same.

I’m going to create a new RM record by judging a player before he has played a competitive match for us 🤣

He has very skinny legs, has a really ‘nervous’ playing style (as mentioned in an article by an Italian journalist when he signed) and kind of reminds me of Bert Konterman! 😱

Watch him have a cracking season for us now....  Hope he does!

It’d be interesting if he and Edmundson are our regular CB pairing. No-one would have seen that coming.

Edmundson has been a revelation for me, never thought he was going to be so stable so quickly 

14 hours ago, TMB said:

Goldson is good with the ball at his feet but he’ll never be as good in the air as Edmundson it Katic.  If you play Goldson you need a big physical guy next to him.  

I think he's awkward with the ball at his feet and has made quite a few mistakes....