Thoughts on the first team so far

hando

I'm a lot happier than I've been going into a season for a long time.  From what I've seen, I think we  have a squad capable of winning the league and other silverware as well this year.  Another decent signing up front would be even better of course. Anyway, we have the squad, IMO, and it is still gelling, so the degree of consistency we achieve will be the key.

My thoughts on the first team so far is that  we are more than capable of bossing and smashing most teams in the spfl and given a few more games will be able to better the tarriers. The way the team is shaping up I feel confident for the first time that the coming season will bring 55. With cover  for all positions I genuinely believe we can cope with the injuries and suspensions the season will inevitably bring, and emerge victorious. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

There's plenty of reason to be optimistic.  We came on leaps and bounds last season.  Despite a lack of silverware the performances Rangers were putting in were well above that of previous years.  We've now added players and Edmundson, Aribo, and Ojo look very good so far.  If we get Kent back and the window closes with Tavernier and Morelos still at the club this could be a title winning season for us.  Add to that, celtic aren't the team they were a few years ago.

We dropped too many needless points last season we were poor in both the cup games against the sheep. Ok I admit we went on a good run of form when the pressure was off. But I am not so sure we have added as much quality to the squad as was needed for this season I hope we have only time will tell. I would feel better with Kent and another striker and a left back if barasic is not up to the job.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

There's plenty of reason to be optimistic.  We came on leaps and bounds last season.  Despite a lack of silverware the performances Rangers were putting in were well above that of previous years.  We've now added players and Edmundson, Aribo, and Ojo look very good so far.  If we get Kent back and the window closes with Tavernier and Morelos still at the club this could be a title winning season for us.  Add to that, celtic aren't the team they were a few years ago.

Tbf I've been hearing that for a few years now and it gets boring.

I certainly don't want to be champs because they suddenly turned pish, which is the way it will be spinner I wanna be champs dismantling their best ever team 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf I've been hearing that for a few years now and it gets boring.

I certainly don't want to be champs because they suddenly turned pish, which is the way it will be spinner I wanna be champs dismantling their best ever team 

They peaked under Rodger’s that first season with 103pts.  They ain’t having a season like that again.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

They peaked under Rodger’s that first season with 103pts.  They ain’t having a season like that again.  

That will never happen again, however the simple facts are they are in decline and have been for a couple of seasons now yet they still literally strolled to every single trophy available to them. 

I think anyone writing them off and that we shall stroll this league will be in for a shock however if the players think the same as the fans then it's a given they will be champs again this season

Kent, a left back signed and a big striker as a plan B then I’ll be confident we win the title. Maybe even another right sided forward player

At the moment the team seems weaker down the wings with the likes of Jones and Stewart looking like they’ll feature more than I’d hoped. The only area where I’m convinced we’ve added real quality is with Aribo in midfield and it was already a strong area for us 

I know Edmundson looks good and we’ve yet to see Helander but I’m not convinced either of them are a massive step forward from Goldson and Katic

All will become clear when pre-season is done and the players are a bit fitter and sharper, we’ve improved again and if Kent comes back it will complete the jigsaw

so far we have kept the players we want to keep, candeias will only be missed if ojo and hastie go off the boil, that’s why I think getting Kent back or somebody just as good is a must cos jones will be a hit or a miss at times during the season 

12 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

That will never happen again, however the simple facts are they are in decline and have been for a couple of seasons now yet they still literally strolled to every single trophy available to them. 

I think anyone writing them off and that we shall stroll this league will be in for a shock however if the players think the same as the fans then it's a given they will be champs again this season

That’s partly our fault rab, getting put out of 2 cups by the sheep is embarrassing 

the league position says we’ve improved slightly and unless my eyes are telling me lies it looked to me like we improved, but if that happens again this year the team will deserve every criticism going an i for 1 will state right here, if it does I’ll not  be sticking up for the ones I believe are our best players they win together or fail together, the squad is good enough now for that not to happen again

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

That’s partly our fault rab, getting out out of 2 cups by the sheep is embarrassing 

the league position says we’ve improved slightly and unless my eyes are telling me lies it looked to me like we improved, but if that happens again this year the team will deserve every criticism going an i for 1 will state right here, if it does I’ll not  be sticking up for the ones I believe are our best players they win together or fail together, the squad is good enough now for that not to happen again

Yep, the fact they won 6 cups and played us once I think speaks volumes about our part in it all 

I don't think anyone can deny we have improved since the Pedro and murty fiasco but so far it's not been anywhere near enough and I really don't think, come may we will have put up the challenge that most think we will. 

Obv a lot depends on them as much as it does us but after the first old firm game shall give us a far clearer pic of what to expect this season. Sitting a few points clear and we should be confident but if we are still playing catch up I fear another season like last year

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Yep, the fact they won 6 cups and played us once I think speaks volumes about our part in it all 

I don't think anyone can deny we have improved since the Pedro and murty fiasco but so far it's not been anywhere near enough and I really don't think, come may we will have put up the challenge that most think we will. 

Obv a lot depends on them as much as it does us but after the first old firm game shall give us a far clearer pic of what to expect this season. Sitting a few points clear and we should be confident but if we are still playing catch up I fear another season like last year

The one big plus going into this season that I think everybody including myself, feel confident about is we finally put a marker down to they fenian cunts that not only can we beat them, but absolutely destroy them at home 

our players should have no fear this year whereas before we were beat as soon as they hit 2nd gear

listen I know your not want to be too optimistic but at the same time you’ll party like never before like the rest of us if we bring home 55 this year

NO SURRENDER!

26 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Looks better but as the man said need to be more clinical in front of goal. I’ll reserve my judgement after half a dozen league games, that’s what counts for me, the league.

Far too sensible to be on this thread mate, You can’t judge anyone fairly this early. After 5/6 league games you can make an opinion but even that’s a bit early for new guys, some take longer to settle than others but the problem they have is we don’t have the luxury of time to allow them to adapt, if we drop silly points early, every cunt and their wag will get it

52 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

No one is writing celtic off.  I expect a title challenge from us and I think we’ll push them all the way.