New Record blog

The Dude

Can't disagree with this. Alfredo is the man to lead the attack and would add that we need someone else dedicated to assist Tav on the right. Second half yesterday  improved when Aribo came on. It's not Arfields role imo.

55's a certainty though.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I can see it being tougher than folks think.  It's easy to get carried away on a wave of optimism as we have strengthened but nothing is guaranteed. If we have learned anything, it should be that the path to 55 is never smooth. I get that we 'want' 55, and there's no doubt that you are correct that will be easier if we retain Tav and Alfredo but we need to see how the team blends and settles in the real competitive games. I hope your assertion we 'will' win 55 is correct, (oh PLEASE BE TRUE)  but lets realise we will have to fight tooth and nail for it.

27 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Doesn't belong in Bears Den

Overall though i pretty much agree, can't see how we can even hope to replace half of Morleos goals if he were to leave.

Why does a blog about Rangers not belong in thr Bears Den? 

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Why does a blog about Rangers not belong in thr Bears Den? 

I'm taking the piss because @The Dude would advertise his Old Firm podcast in bears den yet folk would say it doesn't belong there despite half of the content automatically being directly related to Rangers

1 minute ago, RJMcGregor said:

I'm taking the piss because @The Dude would advertise his Old Firm podcast in bears den yet folk would say it doesn't belong there despite half of the content automatically being directly related to Rangers

OK, hilarious 

3 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Can't disagree with this. Alfredo is the man to lead the attack and would add that we need someone else dedicated to assist Tav on the right. Second half yesterday  improved when Aribo came on. It's not Arfields role imo.

55's a certainty though.

Assist Tav to do what, defend?

Tav is there to assist the team effort, not the fucking other way around.

This plodder is the biggest weakness we have. Time he done his fucking job under his own steam.

I have confidence going into this season,especially as the scum haven't really strengthened their squad but as previous posters have stated, nothing is a given and it only takes a couple of fuck ups to be in the shit again. If we retain Tav and Morelos though, it'll be looking good for us.

What’s the point of banning daily record links if threads like this are allowed? 

(I don’t care about this or the old firm podcast, it’s just a question)

p.s. @The Dude your Rangers News articles contain many typos and you should get a new photo taken or at least remove the red eye from your current pic. 

Rangers will win the title if club keeps hold of Alfredo Morelos and James Tavernier – Ibrox blogger

Jamie Currie believes Sheyi Ojo was right when he said Rangers are the best team in the country.

Rangers finished pre-season with the evidence strongly suggesting the overall quality and depth of the squad is far superior to that of 12 months ago.

The new signings certainly look like they’ve added a bit of spice to the pool of players Steven Gerrardhas to pick from, none more so than Joe Aribo– who has similar traits to former loanee Ovie Ejaria but can back up his skill with the end product the latter so badly lacked at times.

The flamboyant former Charlton midfielder looks by far and away the pick of the new lads based on what we’ve seen to this point. He could be the one who is able to bring that x-factor from middle to front that had been missing at certain points last campaign. He will be a joy to watch.

Last season was a missed opportunity where silverware, or the lack of it, was concerned. In all honesty, I expected to finish second in the table competing against a Brendan Rodgers side. But given how last season’s title race panned out and Neil Lennon coming in over at the other side of the city, it would be wrong this season to expect anything less than a title win.

Rangers’ rivals are in a state of decline and Gerrard and his coaching staff are making sure his side is pushing on and will be ready for the battle when that first match comes around on Sunday afternoon at Rugby Park – a ground where Rangerscouldn’t win on league duty last season.

Gerrard’s players need to enter the Rugby Park pitch with the belief and mentality of a team that are there to start the 38-game journey which ends with James Tavernier holding the title aloft in front of a full Ibrox and giving the fans what they have craved for so long – that elusive 55 th Scottish top-flight title.

However, for that ambition to be realised and for Sheyi Ojo’s comments about Rangers having the best team in Scotland to ring true, they simply must keep hold of James Tavernierand Alfredo Morelosuntil the January transfer window at least – and hopefully beyond.

It’s extremely difficult to replace a player who grabbed 30 goals last season, while carrying the team on his back for large spells pre-Christmas.

Although Jermain Defoe is also there and available to Gerrard, you simply cannot rely on someone who is 36 years old to play Thursday-Sunday, hopefully until after Christmas, no matter how fit or how good he is. He will need to be properly managed.

As for Tavernier, his drive and ability to hurt teams for deep, as well as his leadership qualities, will be almost impossible to replace given the markets in which Rangers are currently shopping.

This season is simply too important in the Scottish football landscape for Rangers to gamble in the market with sales like that, especially as both players know what are expected and there are no guarantees that any potential replacements will hit the ground running. I’d even go as far as to say they wouldn’t bring to the team what Tavernier and Morelos manage. It’s a no-brainer for me.

Hopefully Gerrard and Mark Allen feel the same way. If they do not, I fear the confidence and optimism for the season ahead will quickly dwindle and, of course, it would make the manager’s task far more difficult than it would be without having those two players at his disposal.

Incidentally, Ojo’s comments are 100 per cent true and his confidence is not misplaced, even though it could be seen as being naive if things don’t go to plan.

In my opinion, this Rangers team is the best side in the league. I will go further and say Rangers also have the best manager in the league but for that manager to bring titles back to Ibrox, he has to be able to retain the services of the best right-back in the league – Tavernier – and the league’s best striker – Morelos. If he is able to do that, his squad will win the league. It’s that simple.