Andrew Dallas

26 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Away for good then.

Interesting move, maybe we didn’t fancy him. With young strikers like Rudden and Mebude, maybe they were more fancied.

Genuinely dont think any of them will ever go on to be first team players sadly.  Disappointing to see so few players ever make the breakthrough but unfortunately we are very good at that.  All the best wishes for the young man

2 hours ago, don logan said:

I'd been told he was the hottest young prospect we had, by someone on the coaching staff. Obviously not............

That's interesting.   Wonder what caused a revision in thinking and decision to part company with Dallas.     And whether an emerging need for cash to pay a certain big contract default bill becomes a influential factor in current sales of players.      If the club is indeed selling its hottest prospect then one wonders why. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

That's interesting.   Wonder what caused a revision in thinking and decision to part company with Dallas.     And whether an emerging need for cash to pay a certain big contract default bill becomes a influential factor in current sales of players.      If the club is indeed selling its hottest prospect then one wonders why. 

He will be away for I'd say around 20-30k at most. It's Cambridge we've sold him to mate not Bayern 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe he is not good enough, we cant keep them all and like Hardie it was time to move on.

3 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Is he really the hottest prospect? I think not and if he was I'm sure he'd be going to a higher level than Cambridge with all due respect to them 

2 hours ago, don logan said:

I'd been told he was the hottest young prospect we had, by someone on the coaching staff. Obviously not............

Would be very surprised if that was the case and would wonder about coaching staff. Not a dig at the player, Andy was decent coming through the age groups. I think the writing was on the wall when he was stuck on the bench during his loan spell at Morton.  There are more than a few youth players that bigger English clubs than Cambridge would take in a minute.

15 hours ago, gj923 said:

The development fee not around 50/60k for Scottish players?

Hopefully it would be at a minimum the development fee, plus a bit more or a sell-on clause, as I'm pretty sure he signed a new contract with us last year (I think).

I've seen loads of comments on Twitter about why are we letting young talent go... but how many teams ever bring through 2 or 3 players a year? You maybe get that over 5 years... the thing is developing players and making sure they are good enough  for moving them on for a fee, not just letting them go for free