Is that our spending completed for this window?

Over the course of the past couple of seasons we have roughly managed to spend around 10M on incoming players with not very many leaving without a pay off. I believe this is normally mostly funded by the incoming cash from season tickets sales.

This seasons net spend is around 4.5m and with the likely hood of selling Grezda for 1.75M this would bring us down to well under 3M.

With comments being made that we were going to increase in quality over quantity this season I was hoping for a couple of 3 -5 M pound signings I key positions that would significantly increase our starting 11. 

I appreciate that wages wise we have properly secured Aribo,  Ojo, and likely Davis. With a decent fee being spent on Helander but still thought we would of pushed the boat out by another 6/7 M

completely understand the need for our squad now to have a massive cull and remove a lot of the deadwood but still believe that we could do with at least 1 other star player wither that be Kent or another unknown.  

So is that the transfer window closed for us? If so are we pleased with the business or are we still that little bit of quality short? I firmly believe that holding onto Tav and Morelos is key to our success this season and am happy that they currently look to be staying but if I ask myself how many players of our players would start in the celtic squad I still can’t help thinking we need an other better quality winger or creative player in the final third.

Can’t argue that our squad is better but is it enough to win trophy’s (55) this season because that is what counts. I believe that our success will also come down to how SG manages the squad as it’s certainly good enough to challenge but depends on our ability to find some consistency and to stop dropping needless  points against Kilmarnock, Hibs and the likes of Aberdeen. 

Would certainly feel a little more confident with another creative player being signed.

We won’t sell Grezda for £1.7m.  We’ll end up loaning him out hoping someone else will cover a portion of his wages as is so often the case with us.

Signing Kent would complete the window for me.  I hope that’s what any remaining money is spent on.

Bears r us and OhW like this

As an absolute minimum we need another forward.  Alfie & Defoe plus stand ins like Stewart or a youth player can go tits up too easily over the course of a long season due to injuries, form, suspension, ahem mental health issues I'd bet.

I think we are covered at CF. Morelos & Defoe should be good for 50 goals ( they already have 6 ). If injuries or suspensions happen then we have Stewart and a youth player ( Rudden & Mebude ) as cover.  You ain't getting a top notch striker to come and be 3rd choice. If Kent does'n't come then LW could be an issue depending on the progression of Murphy. Murphy is perfect for that role if fit because we no longer play with out and out wingers.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As an absolute minimum we need another forward.  Alfie & Defoe plus stand ins like Stewart or a youth player can go tits up too easily over the course of a long season due to injuries, form, suspension, ahem mental health issues I'd bet.

I think we have goals from midfield this season with Aribo and Ojo looking dangerous in and around the box. I think Alfie, Defoe, Stewart and top rate youth striker (mcpake or mebude) as the last resort will do but jones, Hastie, Murphy on the left really doesn’t  fill me with confidence.