Is that our spending completed for this window?

18 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think we have goals from midfield this season with Aribo and Ojo looking dangerous in and around the box. I think Alfie, Defoe, Stewart and top rate youth striker (mcpake or mebude) as the last resort will do but jones, Hastie, Murphy on the left really doesn’t  fill me with confidence.

3 top notch forward plus the youth/development stand out for me.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

3 top notch forward plus the youth/development stand out for me.

Playing a 1 striker formation and having 3 top notch forwards don’t fit for me but each to their own and not like it matters since it’s Gerrard making the call and not you or I :pipe:

Think ojo will be a good player overall for us.  I like his no fear of striking the ball but from what I’ve seen so far we lack a wee bit of magic that can win a game on its own. We dont seem to score against the run of play and more often than not will draw if the game looks as though it’s hesding for a draw.  A difference maker is what we need.

18 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Think ojo will be a good player overall for us.  I like his no fear of striking the ball but from what I’ve seen so far we lack a wee bit of magic that can win a game on its own. We dont seem to score against the run of play and more often than not will draw if the game looks as though it’s hesding for a draw.  A difference maker is what we need.

We've not been on the back foot during preseason though

12 minutes ago, Amato said:

We've not been on the back foot during preseason though

No we haven’t but I’m talking about last year aswell.  We only need look at the 1st half vs st Joseph’s in that If refs decisions and the flow of the game isn’t going for us then we look to run out of ideas.  Very rarely do we score out from nothing 

37 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

You should hit up the bookies mate

41 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

It's not over till it's definitely over 😉

Agree. I don't think LFC will mess Gerrard about. Unless someone is in for him it doesn't make sense to have him not playing there when he could be a regular under Gerrard. I feel there is problem still a bit more to this one. 

58 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

No we haven’t but I’m talking about last year aswell.  We only need look at the 1st half vs st Joseph’s in that If refs decisions and the flow of the game isn’t going for us then we look to run out of ideas.  Very rarely do we score out from nothing 

I agree that last season you could generally tell within about 15 mins of the game kicking off how it was going to pan out. I'm hopeful the likes of Aribo and Ojo will help us though, both seem capable of good shots from a bit further out 

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Still one more to come in I believe. Not sure who just yet, if I was a betting man I’d stick a few sheets on it being Ryan Kent 

edit: that’s assuming Morelos stays. If he goes, more will come in 

Loan or purchase?

Well we know Stevie wants Kent, what we don't know is if we can get him on loan because Klopp seems to be giving out different info one day to the next. If it is a case of buy only then who knows how that would go. I assume if we do not get Kent then we have a couple of back up players to turn to.

As a few have said it will also depend on whether we can keep Alfredo or not, if he was sold then that could open up another can of worms. I also assume we have players in mind (maybe Roofe, if his injury is not too bad) to replace him. My gut feeling is that he  might stay another year with us but I could be wrong about that.

So apart from not getting anything from a Grezda sale as the OP thinks, my answer is no because we need Kent or someone as good on the left, whether that is buying or loaning it will still require money spent. 

I don't think it would be the best course of action for Rangers if the attempt is made to have a trophy winning season (preferably a league title winning season) with just 2 main proven strikers (Morelos and Defoe).  

One is prone to being sent off  a lot and has still to prove that he's a reformed and reliable character (point being he is a risk as far as keeping 11 players on the pitch).  The other is 36 years old and will turn 37 during the course of this season.  I don't think it would feasible for Defoe to put in a goal scoring (game winning) shift game after game even it its coming on as a sub for an entire season.    Both may pick up suspensions or injuries or both, or have a dip in form.    In which case who are the quality replacement strikers?  Stewart?   I don't think so.

Whether or not Morelos goes at least one more striker of reasonably proven quality is needed.    Failure to sign one would, imo, materially weaken the ability to win any sort of trophy this season.    If Morelos goes then there is no doubt a replacement of reasonably comparable quality would be needed immediately.   And accompanied by at least one more quality striker.    

A near worst case scenario would be if - despite Gerrard's attempts to condition clubs to the contrary - a big enough bid arrives for Morelos at the virtual tail end of the transfer window leaving Rangers with not enough time (and maybe not enough money) to go get a suitable replacement.   In which case the bulk of the goal scoring burden falls on a 37 year old plus Stewart plus whoever is promoted from the reserves or a 'make do' signing who is nowhere near the quality of Morelos.   If that's what we ended up going into the season with then the pre-season optimism bubble could be very vulnerable to being burst. 

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Hope the story on Ibrox Noise about Skrtel isn’t true. I try not to click on that site, but the click bait got me this time.

You must be joking :lol: We have 4 quality centre halves already, why in God’s name would Gerrard even think about another? 

5 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You must be joking :lol: We have 4 quality centre halves already, why in God’s name would Gerrard even think about another? 

Some other report suggests Katic will be sold as a result of signing Skrtel :lol: