Is that our spending completed for this window?

47 minutes ago, Brubear said:

So have you seen anything from Jones, Ojo and Stewart so far to convince you they are better. 

Ojo is undoubtably of better quality, it’s consistency that’s the issue here.

Jones and Stewart can be nothing more than back up if we want this league. Hastie doesn’t even come into it as he’s rotten. Hopefully punted on loan.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Ojo is undoubtably of better quality, it’s consistency that’s the issue here.

Jones and Stewart can be nothing more than back up if we want this league. Hastie doesn’t even come into it as he’s rotten. Hopefully punted on loan.

The fact that Stewart and Hastie were at Mansfield on Saturday and not in Squad for Derby game says it all.

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Hopefully those 2 will turn out to be the difference between a draw/loss to winning games at the death.   They look ok so far but with ojo in particular we’ve seen loan signings start good then revert back to their usual level.   I saw yesterday that the scum are leaving Scott Sinclair out of squads and we’ve seen him win games on his own for them and that’s what I think is still missing from us.

Well he's available for £2.5m apparently...

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Perhaps, but how much has the starting 11 improved?

Football is a squad game , it’s not about 11 players , Aribo , Edmundson, Ojo , Helander will improve our team

A squad wins you a league title.

1 hour ago, jbm26896 said:

We have a far better squad than last year, 

Don’t really get the negativity on here.

We have a much deeper strength in depth which is a good thing. Is the starting 11, significantly better. Only time will tell. 

For those who say we aren't improving, this is how I see it as upgrades......

Edmundson/Worrall

Helender/McAuley

Polster/Holdson

Aribo & Docherty/McCrorie

Kamara/Ejaria ( I know, mid season )

Ojo/Candeias

Stewart/Lafferty 

Jones/Middleton ( slight upgrade )

**** we still have hopefully Kent and a fully fit Murphy.

To me the key is Morelos staying or his exact same replacement. Our defence and midfield have improved for sure.

1 hour ago, Paisley-Blue said:

Why do people get so wound up about this kind of stuff so early on.

There's so much time left in the window that we could literally sell our entire squad and buy a new one...

The league starts on Sunday against a team I don’t think we beat in 4 league outings for one...

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Edmundson/Worrall

Helender/McAuley

Polster/Dodoo

Ojo/Candeias

Stewart/Lafferty 

To me the key is Morelos staying or his exact same replacement. Our defence and midfield have improved for sure.

Although the squad is better, we’ve still not addressed our biggest issue imo - a creative quality attacking midfielder that can unlock a defence or score a goal from nothing when things aren’t going our way. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Although the squad is better, we’ve still not addressed our biggest issue imo - a creative quality attacking midfielder that can unlock a defence or score a goal from nothing when things aren’t going our way. 

Arfield is that player. He has this incredible ability to find open space. Maybe not the best goal scorer but pretty good in that role.

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I see this as a combination of Arfield playing further forward and Aribo...

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Edmundson/Worrall 

Helender/McAuley

Polster/Dodoo

Ojo/Candeias

Stewart/Lafferty 

Edmundson might come good but he is from league 2 whilst Worrall for his occassional lapses has played at a higher level

Helender should be a no brainer as McAuley played 11 times and was always just backup

Dodoo is still here and a striker (i know)

Aribo too early to say as he needs to carry his perfomances to the cups and midweek games in the winter

Kamara keeps the same trajectory then yes

Ojo is in the same boat as loanees before - they need to perform at a decent level for most of the season

It could not be worse than Lafferty

Don't know about the last one

Squad appears marginally stronger overall. It will benefit from being the 2nd year together for a lot of them.

4 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Edmundson might come good but he is from league 2 whilst Worrall for his occassional lapses has played at a higher level

Helender should be a no brainer as McAuley played 11 times and was always just backup

Dodoo is still here and a striker (i know)

Aribo too early to say as he needs to carry his perfomances to the cups and midweek games in the winter

Kamara keeps the same trajectory then yes

Ojo is in the same boat as loanees before - they need to perform at a decent level for most of the season

It could not be worse than Lafferty

Don't know about the last one

Squad appears marginally stronger overall. It will benefit from being the 2nd year together for a lot of them.

Sorry, I meant to say Polster/Holdson ( I just edited it ). I see it a little more optimistic than you I suppose.

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sorry, I meant to say Polster/Holdson ( I just edited it ). I see it a little more optimistic than you I suppose.

That is an upgrade no doubt

Its not pessimism its just that previous seasons have shown that whilst players can initially look good over a season a lot of them struggle to maintain the same level of consistency.

Also how the likes of Ojo for instance reacts to criticism should be draw a league game which we are expected to win 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Edmundson/Worrall

Helender/McAuley

Polster/Holdson

Ojo/Candeias

Stewart/Lafferty 

Aribo and Docherty are different postitions to McCrorie and McCrorie is better than Docherty anyway

When it comes to Ryan Kent I think Gerrard will be making a case to the board.  Beyond that I can’t see anyone else coming in.  We already have two players for every position, Stewart and Polster as squad options