Is that our spending completed for this window?

10 hours ago, gj923 said:

Edmundson might come good but he is from league 2 whilst Worrall for his occassional lapses has played at a higher level

Helender should be a no brainer as McAuley played 11 times and was always just backup

Dodoo is still here and a striker (i know)

Aribo too early to say as he needs to carry his perfomances to the cups and midweek games in the winter

Kamara keeps the same trajectory then yes

Ojo is in the same boat as loanees before - they need to perform at a decent level for most of the season

It could not be worse than Lafferty

Don't know about the last one

Squad appears marginally stronger overall. It will benefit from being the 2nd year together for a lot of them.

Not a dig at you in particular mate, but the bit in bold I have read on 3 or 4 occassions over the past few days.

Aribo is from England, and always played in England. I am pretty sure he knows what a winters night is like. He will have played in many of them over the years.

Players moving from warm climates, I can see this potential issue, but not a boy from England. 

We've actually got two players for every position:

1913343234_1.PNG.358d93beae228a65d1f6cbc0c5b5d2e9.PNG2043227089_2.PNG.364ed5da3066319ea5198e666dc056fa.PNG

Then consider we have good squad options in Polster and Stewart.  That's a strong squad going in to this season.

We still need to get rid of guys like Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, and Grezda.

10 minutes ago, Scotjo said:

Need a striker.

The problem is we play a one striker system.  Keeping 3 strikers happy will be difficult.

Morelos and Defoe are first and second choice. It is hard to see a new striker that will improve the side, willing to sit out and wait for an opportunity to break into the team.

1 hour ago, saltire266 said:

Another year of virtually spending fuck all.How many years now.Want to win the league the a few 5-6 million pound players are required not loan and bargain basement spl players

SG must be disappointed, I was hoping he could have some more influence in the squad for this season

On 01/08/2019 at 03:25, TMB said:

1913343234_1.PNG.358d93beae228a65d1f6cbc0c5b5d2e9.PNG2043227089_2.PNG.364ed5da3066319ea5198e666dc056fa.PNG

Then consider we have good squad options in Polster and Stewart.  That's a strong squad going in to this season.

This seems to have been the main focus of the summer - improve the overall quality of the squad.

That was definitely needed, but we still look short of a couple of better quality players to significantly elevate the quality of whatever starting eleven we choose to stick on the park.

On 01/08/2019 at 03:25, TMB said:

Left wing is a major concern for and I'm sure nearly everybody else 

We finished last season knowing we need a left back, kent back/or a replacement and a 3rd striker to replace lafferty.

We have signed 8 players and not 1 of they problem areas has been solved.

We have spent over 4million on centre back postion,  that 4million will spend at least 20 games on the bench this season.

Apart from Aribo n Edmundson this summers signings seem a bit desperate

6 hours ago, Nk89 said:

We finished last season knowing we need a left back, kent back/or a replacement and a 3rd striker to replace lafferty.

We have signed 8 players and not 1 of they problem areas has been solved.

We have spent over 4million on centre back postion,  that 4million will spend at least 20 games on the bench this season.

Apart from Aribo n Edmundson this summers signings seem a bit desperate

Desperate is a bit strong, but I don’t disagree with the feeling that we haven’t added enough players of better quality than what we already had.

Aribo looks like he could be, but he’s young and may blow hot and cold at times - it’s unfair to expect a 23 year old who’s never played higher than League 1 football to be the man to lead us to 55 - and Helander on paper should improve us too, but beyond that I think we still need a couple more of that level of quality / ability.

For what it’s worth I suspected this might be the case before the end of last season, but I guess we still have 3 or 4 weeks to spring a surprise or two.