Borna

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If he's getting 4s rather than 9s in games is that not regressing?

Arguable poty last year. Sub standard pre season where hes done little of note.  Folk dont want to hear it but it could well be the Candeais affect. 

Time will tell if hes the outstanding player he was last season.

Stop it mate. One poor game (team) isn’t regression. You comaparing that to borna is ridiculous 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He had the odd game that was 7+ like the scum 1-0 game or Maribor away. However, there was so many games he was 5 or below and that's without the games in CM where he was absolutely honking like Motherwell and Kilmarnock away.

Dundee A, Hibs H and A, Kilmarnock A and H, St Mirren A. There is 8 games of the top of my head from his 17 starts in the league last season where he was not up to scratch. I fail to see how he gets a 7/10 over the season to be perfectly honest.

When did Halliday play CM last season apart from cameos 

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

Stop it mate. One poor game (team) isn’t regression. You comaparing that to borna is ridiculous 

I'm not comparing one game. I'm looking at preseason as a whole til now. Which btw for me is all about fitness, improving understanding and getting through qualifiers with no injuries. Not about writing off players.

Tav was outstanding last season. Excellent. But he's been average at best preseason. Imo that's fair assessment. Preseason, there's not been much between Tav, Halliday or Barisic, all have far more to do to get to pass marks as we move into the real stuff.

You're only as good as your last game. Last season shouldn't be ignored, but its surely about this season that matters. And if they're all playing pretty poorly then it's wrong to isolate any of them imo. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I just told you two of them Motherwell 3-3 and final game of the season at Kilmarnock. 1-1 at home to Killie and 2-1 defeat at the scum. ST Johnstone away as well. Sure there was a couple of others.

Played left against the Tarriers, did he not?

Borna has been a huge disappointment so far for me, but I would be surprised if he is not with us for the season or at least until January.

We have to hope he can do better with some more games but at the moment I would rather have Andy H starting games at LB. 

I think we need to review Borna in a couple of months time and see where we are then. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Paranoid that we get hard done to by refs and officialdom?  Fuck me, I didnt think there was any one still disputing thats the case.

Those who dont act worse than taigs, ie the majority who dont call Rangers players "rats" can probably correlate well enough though. That'll do me.

Sometimes I do think that we are looking through blue tinted specs when we see poor decisions go against us. Ie don't get penalties or fouls or get harsh bookings. When other sides always seem to get better decisions. 

But thanks to your thread last season we saw the level of what goes against us. Now I totally understand why it happens up here. Taig manipulation and victim mentality has made it easy for refs to give us fuck all. But I don't get why we seem to get less going for us than we get against us at a European level. ie last year against UFA when Morelos and Flanigan were sent off for offences that by the letter of the law were yellows but never ever seemed to be punished for the same things against us. 

I do hope you continue from last year and have a thread about poor refereeing. Might be too much to ask if you would add Europe too. 

He wasn’t good enough tonight IMO, but he was taken off because of comical refereeing.

However, i’m coming to the conclusion that Borna’s performances so far are his best ‘warrior’ effort. He is fundamentally not going to fit, sadly. This coming form someone who really wants him to be a success.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Didnt think he was any worse than the rest. Only difference is he was substituted. Despite that being for a specific reason it's attracted attention to him. 

Not true. He is petrified out there. He has zero confidence in himself at the moment. And players won't pass to him because they recognize it. 

30 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Aye but he’s a Croatian international and all that 

I’m trying that line for any unfortunate situation I find myself in from now on works a treat , “you realise you were doing 80 in a 50 there sir ?” Aye but I’m a Croatian internationalist, “on yer way son nothing to see here”

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

The rest of the team were great and Borna was rotten...

the whole team was rotten, played it like a friendly match. I feel sorry for the lads who forked out for the trip over there. All the squad let them down, not one individual 

The lads who went over there will be having a great time getting wasted.

Just now, bluenoz said:

The lads who went over there will be having a great time getting wasted.

Glad to hear, as the football on show wasn’t great, by the team, not an individual. We looked complacent and no motivation to win. The only positive is, that it’s out our system, and now on to pump Killie