Yay or nay ?

Camshy

Obviously delighted that the team progress to the next round and I thought we had been looking sharp in the friendly games but I can't help but feel a little nervous over our creative ability in the wide areas. Jones looks quick but no where near as good as either Candeias or Kent. 

Ojo looks as if he will be dangerous and I'm not sure how much game time Hastie will get but it's looking likely only one wide player will be playing in the games. Every team we face will no doubt have 10 behind the ball and our excellent midfield need those runners put wide to open things up.........do we need a little more quality in the wide areas or am I just over worrying things here ?

I'm excited for the new season but just wonder about that creative spark in the teams wide areas.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

We aren't good enough yet. 

The team is basically the same as it was at the end of last season

Aribo aside, the first XI hasn’t really improved.

We’ve added four new wide players and its difficult at this moment in time to say there’s any great step up in quality.

Early days. We're creating better and more chances than we often did last season against teams that parked the bus. Tonight we'd plenty chances. The problem again is that we're not clinical enough and can lack composure at the final moment - that's what needs to improve.

5 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

Aribo aside, the first XI hasn’t really improved.

We’ve added four new wide players and its difficult at this moment in time to say there’s any great step up in quality.

We've arguably regressed in terms of quality by losing Kent and Candeias. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wish people would stop mentioning Candeias & Kent. They are not Rangers players.

I think it's important to mention areas we need improved when players move on, we all know they have gone but has the quality gone from that area too given we have brought players in , we can only compare them to what we had before so it's natural we are going to mention previous players.

We don't look any better than we did last season (yet) IMO.

Brought in a few players but they've all yet to show that they can take us up a level. The hardon for Aribo already is embarrassing given he's yet to play a competitive game against full time opposition.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

When you are talking about being closer to winning the league than last season you are obviously going to mention players you've lost from last season, deary me

Aye but the people creaming for Candeias are probably the ones that moaned about him last year. It's cringeworthy.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

When you are talking about being closer to winning the league than last season you are obviously going to mention players you've lost from last season, deary me

Especially when they have arguably been replaced by players off a lesser quality 

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I think it's important to mention areas we need improved when players move on, we all know they have gone but has the quality gone from that area too given we have brought players in , we can only compare them to what we had before so it's natural we are going to mention previous players.

We all want Kent back mate but until that happens we need to support players like Jones. Look, Arfield & Defoe didn't exactly gel tonight but they will at other times..... just not tonight. We didn't have a left winger tonight and the one time Borna tried to beat someone down the line was laughable.