Gerrard & Jack : Post Match Reactions

Virtuoso

Going to be the same as last season , when it's an open game we look a good side, when the opposition park the bus we look poor

if hastie Stewart and Jones can't be relied upon against a pub team , they have no chance against the packed defences away 

from home. 3 poor signings

50 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Against shite though bridgeisblue. 

I’m still positive we’re stronger than last season though. Kilmarnock will be a good game to see how far we’ve come 

Europe is a different animal altogether, cunts saying we haven't progressed despite actually progressing through to the next round by beating Progres is ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's actually mental.

Consider the goals stats, getting through euro rounds, and no long term injuries and it's a great pre season.  Players look fit, decent cohesion, just not yet clinical up front. We've also had several motm keeper performances against us.

Yes theres still loads of work to be done but I really dont get what folk are expecting more from pre season.

Guess it must be the finished article by the end of July, and if that's the expectation no wonder they're disappointed.

The team will click, but as you says because we've not battered everybody by 4 or 5 it's doom and gloom all over again. 

11 hours ago, Amato said:

What did he mean about the quality of the ball, is it not a Europa League ball that will be the same all competition?

Think in the qualifiers you provide your own ball. Im sure last week we used the type we use in the league. Yesterday was a completely different ball. 

First thing any manager does, or should do, is get the spine of the team sorted out. Theres no doubt the team is now strong right through the middle which is great. The problem is the wide areas in every position really, even right back. We don't seem to  have improved in any of the wide areas over the last few years and it could end up costing us. Im not even really convinced that kent coming back would be the answer. Plenty times after games last year there were people on here claiming he had been anonymous or had no end product. Its definitely something that needs sorted or we just have to pray that jones and hastie can prove us wrong.

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we leave out Arfield. It would be a big and controversial call but he’s barely had a break this Summer and it’s a plastic pitch. 

Might be sensible as he hasn’t had the same break as most & has looked well out of touch when I’ve seen him so far this season.

7 hours ago, TMB said:

This Rangers team uses tactics that are deployed and succeed at the very highest levels.  There's no need for concern.  

So did Mark Warburton’s side and how did that work out for him when his Barcelona inspired football couldn’t break a team down?

The very best managers have tactical flexibility and can change formations and personnel to suit different opponents. Gerrard has tried to change formation twice for us and shat himself because it didn’t work and never tried it again.

It’s absolutely an area he needs to improve on otherwise we will have more frustrating results this season.

10 hours ago, Teamgers said:

Guys, ffs we're just into the new season with a lot of new players, I'm pretty sure we will start to knit and play better, but you have to give the new guys a chance to settle in and get used to their new team mates, here's hoping for a flyer on Sunday and then we can take it from there.

Time for knitting together is over it starts for real on Sunday. We can’t be dropping  points. 

He rested Jones, Morelos (mostly) Helander isn't fit yet, Davis was rested and he is exactly the sort of player who would have done damage, as is Jones. The lack of goals concerned me and we played the attacking game the wrong way round ie played to Morelos' strengths when Defoe was on and then to Defoe's strengths when Morelos was on. It was a mistake playing with two defensive midfielders but he is also giving players game time and it was more important not to lose than to win. Bored and slightly worried but a convincing win on Sunday should put that right.

59 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

No points dropped until the scum game. 

Or we are playing catch up all season. 

I don’t think people quite understand that tbh. They cunts will win nearly every week and it’ll be rare to see them dropping points in 2 games in a row, that doesn’t change just because Lennon’s there. They’ve got a winners mentality whereas we’ve got supporters that don’t want Ryan Kent back because we don’t need him. 

The arrogance from our support ALWAYS baffles me. 

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Going to be the same as last season , when it's an open game we look a good side, when the opposition park the bus we look poor

if hastie Stewart and Jones can't be relied upon against a pub team , they have no chance against the packed defences away 

from home. 3 poor signings

Writing 3 guys off before they’ve even had a chance is insane,Davis was torn to shreds on here last season and now he is a first pick. At least wait until we actually fuck up and then come on with this pish.

7 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Writing 3 guys off before they’ve even had a chance is insane,Davis was torn to shreds on here last season and now he is a first pick. At least wait until we actually fuck up and then come on with this pish.

Agree, those players mentioned all had successful seasons against those sides for their previous clubs. The difference is always that the majority of the league aside from celtic tend to sit in so it will be a different environment for them coming up against packed defences. They will need to beat a man instead of space opening up. Personally, even though Kent is away I think we look a stronger attacking force this season than last but time will tell. Kilmarnock have been dreadful pre-season and we should really be looking to put a marker down against them. 

14 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It's about the only time he comes on, to slate Gerrard  or his signings. This season will be no different, the silence when we're winning is bliss.

54 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I don’t think people quite understand that tbh. They cunts will win nearly every week and it’ll be rare to see them dropping points in 2 games in a row, that doesn’t change just because Lennon’s there. They’ve got a winners mentality whereas we’ve got supporters that don’t want Ryan Kent back because we don’t need him. 

The arrogance from our support ALWAYS baffles me. 

Great post and i was strangely thinking much the same few hours ago. 

We haven't won anything for years, so why anyone wouldn't want a guy back that helped massively in winning us 2 OF games and nearly another astounds me 

Like you said. Extreme arrogance and it's getting worse. 

38 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Davis wasn't the only one, Kent received the same for the first few months of the season as well

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I've often wondered after the n last 6 or 7 years where we get the arrogance and self entitlement and almost expect to win trophies. 

While I firmly believe that we not only NEED Kent we will end up with him I prefer us to be the underdogs and win the title on the park rather than most of these idiots u see on social media claiming the title is already won by us and how those cunts are bottle merchants etc. 

Nothing more sweeter than winning the title when you have been written of everywhere

Especially when taking into account our main competition has had a more settled squad, players with an established winning mentality, more internationalists, better revenue streams, pay bigger salaries, pay more on transfers, have more money banked to buy their way to success. Plus appear favoured in refereeing and compliance officer matters.There'd be no logic to expecting a team to win in such circumstances if it didnt involve us.

But it does, so we do, but I do think some could wisen up to how much of a challenge it us.