Referees

tannerall

Well here we go again, a new season, same old referees. 

Will be interesting to see how the decisions go for us tomorrow, especially those against Morleos. 

It was so bad last season that I fully expect that we have changed the sign on the ref's dressing room door at Ibrox from "Referee" to "Away Fan

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes the ref's are an abomination, but If we are good enough and take our chances then we win in spite of the ref's.

We had more than enough opportunities not to drop the points we did last season, but we didn't take. Down to a bit of lack of quality, but much down to player mentality.

Indeed, but there were some horrendous refereeing decisions made to our detriment right from day 1 (Morelos rescinded red card) to Candias ‘kiss blowing’ 2nd yellow.  

We’ll see how Collum handles things tomorrow, game is on Sky and in the national spotlight so don’t expect anything too controversial... 

Oh wait...

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Oh for fuck sake

Thank you for the contribution to the thread.

If you wish to post again on this thread, just one litle request for the benefit of the forum.

Please don't.    :redcard:

2 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

What happened?

Last seaon there were some horrendous refereeing decisions made to our detriment right from day 1 (Morelos rescinded red card) to Candias ‘kiss blowing’ 2nd yellow.  

Was pointed out in post above.

Did you notice any ref decisons that seemed a bit impartial last season ?

Just now, tannerall said:

Last seaon there were some horrendous refereeing decisions made to our detriment right from day 1 (Morelos rescinded red card) to Candias ‘kiss blowing’ 2nd yellow.  

I read the op as something had happened today. 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Did you notice any ref decisons that seemed a bit impartial last season ?

I really don't see it changing tbh.

It's down to business and overcome it, or we would be just as well surrending any challenge.

Taigs aside we should be putting all the dross to the sword in spite of the ref's.

1 minute ago, Jb85 said:

Obviously, but thought you meant something happened in the celtic game. 

Naw, did seem to me though they got a hell of an easy start to the season.

Am sure Aberdeen and Hearts fans would agree.

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

Indeed, but there were some horrendous refereeing decisions made to our detriment right from day 1 (Morelos rescinded red card) to Candias ‘kiss blowing’ 2nd yellow.  

We’ll see how Collum handles tomorrow, game is on Sky and in the national spotlight so don’t expect anything too controversial... 

Oh wait...

The 2 examples aren't good ones because the morelos one was rescinded and to be honest I thought it actually merited red. The candeias one should have help us as he missed 2 games and according to most folk on here he was shite so him not playing should have been an upside. That second one id sarcasm by the way. 

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

The 2 examples aren't good ones because the morelos one was rescinded and to be honest I thought it actually merited red. The candeias one should have help us as he missed 2 games and according to most folk on here he was shite so him not playing should have been an upside. That second one id sarcasm by the way. 

Lol, yeh I know but the first in my opinion just set the scene for the coming season. Funny how the assistant ref missed the barge on Morelos and caught the instantaneous reaction by him though, good officiating would have taken the pair aside and set the standard.... Fair play on the Candias one though😀...

Don't ever  forget that famous line in the "Bladerunner" movie:

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate, Andy Halliday being sent off for celebrating a goal by raising his right hand in the air........................

(This is possibly my 3d best post on RM ever, even if I say so myself)

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

"I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate, Andy Halliday being sent off for celebrating a goal by raising his right hand in the air........................

😀👏

27 minutes ago, tannerall said:

(This is possibly my 3d best post on RM ever, even if I say so myself)

What's your other 2 better ones