Botched the transfer window

Broxi

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Think this is worth putting in here to show how much some are overreacting.

Kilmarnock's 4 home game against us and the scum on the shitey plastic pitch last season:-

23/09/18    Kilmarnock 2-1 celtic

23/01/19    Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

17/02/19    Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic

19/05/19   Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

Today is a good result. At Rugby Park they're a difficult team to break down.

:tu:

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ojo had a stinker of a game, but I think he will be a very good player for us this season. Will prove to be a better player than Candeias for us IMO.

Aribo looks a class act, very happy with him.

Centre backs have been improved.

I think Jones and Stewart offer us more options than we had before.

Would love to see Kent back though.

This.

I have watched many Rangers teams win games like this. And I mean star studded Rangers teams

20 minutes ago, cp9 said:

No he isn't.

We now need 1 player in those positions. But at the start of the transfer window we only had 2 CBs so that absolutely had to be the priority position.

Aribo is signed to fill that CM position and has been pretty solid. Same with ojo at RW  (granted was pish today)

Agree we need a LB but to say the transfer window has been botched is just over reacting. 

We needed cover for our CBS,  not 4 million  on helander that could have been spent elsewhere. 

Aribo has been good, ojo has done nothing other thar 1 goal of note. His decision making is shambolic.

Stewart and Jones are daft signings that don't improve the squad. The minute we start accepting Kilmarnock players as good signings I'm chucking it 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Totally agree.

Fan of Aribo but did we really pay 20k a week for another midfielder to pass it side to side.

As for positions behind striker, we needed quality, we went for numbers.

tbf when teams are sitting so deep, it's hard to find a forward pass.

We need to keep the quality of set pieces up, this is the way to defeat the heavily defensive teams.

25 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Yeah I'd sign Taylor right now if we could. I wonder if we'll get him if Barisic doesn't improve 

From what I've seen off Taylor he would be a step below what we have and would be a terrible signing. Better off using Halliday instead at lb. 

Over reaction after today's game I think by OP considering we still have the best part of a month remaining I'm this window and we also finally won against arguably our toughest opponent outside those cunts AND last season that was a guaranteed 2 points lost

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

We needed cover for our CBS,  not 4 million  on helander that could have been spent elsewhere. 

Aribo has been good, ojo has done nothing other thar 1 goal of note. His decision making is shambolic.

Stewart and Jones are daft signings that don't improve the squad. The minute we start accepting Kilmarnock players as good signings I'm chucking it 

Agree with a lot of your post mate but last bit is daft. I completely depends on the player. We've had many a brilliant player from other Scottish teams over the years.

Having said that in Jones I certainly don't think we're getting a player of the quality of a Neil McCann but for fuck all he's a decent squad player.

I agree we do need to improve. 

Not ready to panic yet though. Think Ojo was just shellshocked with his first taste of Scottish football. Once he adjusts, he might come good. Not going to write this one off yet. 

Barisic,  I'm not sure he has the ability to improve anymore. 

Jones, another one I'll bide my time over the next few games. 

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Tbf I thought the likes of boyd and naismith done not to bad for us in the past and many would like to see Taylor signed as well

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree with a lot of your post mate but last bit is daft. I completely depends on the player. We've had many a brilliant player from other Scottish teams over the years.

Having said that in Jones I certainly don't think we're getting a player of the quality of a Neil McCann but for fuck all he's a decent squad player.

Aye maybe yer right, just still a bit raging after that the day. 

Cunts that say a win is all that matters wind me up too if that was a hearts or hibs the day they take points off us, or even a killie wae Clarke in charge. 

If we want to even make a half arsed attempt at winning the league we need to improve drastically 

4 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Is it just me or is morelos well off the pace?

I don't think he's off the pace at all mate. Sometimes we judge strikers too much on goals (on a single game basis only, over a season is more understandable). I thought he was a handful today and both Broadfoot and Findlay knew they were in a game today - Findlay in particular as he was complaining to the officials every time him and Morelos were tussling for the ball.