Botched the transfer window

Broxi

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Still a part of the team. Don't tend to win games with 2 players who haven't gelled. BTW are we judging the signings who haven't even played a league game yet?

It wasn't a generic statement either. It was factual. Sorry if that doesn't meet your doomsday world view.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Think this is worth putting in here to show how much some are overreacting.

Kilmarnock's 4 home game against us and the scum on the shitey plastic pitch last season:-

23/09/18    Kilmarnock 2-1 celtic

23/01/19    Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

17/02/19    Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic             EDIT- Worth noting that it was 0-0 in this game until the 75th minute when Broadfoot got sent off. Scum scored in 90th minute and Brown got sent off for a 2nd yellow while celebrating.

19/05/19   Kilmarnock 2-1 Rangers

Today is a good result. At Rugby Park they're a difficult team to break down.

It's a winning start and we’re all thankful of that at least, but it’s difficult to ignore the similarities with last season, something an injury time winner doesn’t entirely mask.

What I wanted to see was evidence that we’d added new players capable of adding that creativity and danger we often lacked last term, but on the evidence of the past week or so, I’m not really seeing it.

Far too early to be ripping up the knitting though, but there are definitely a few concerns in the last three competitive games.

Kilmarnock's 4 home game against us and the scum on the shitey plastic pitch last season:-

17/02/19    Kilmarnock 0-1 celtic             EDIT- Worth noting that it was 0-0 in this game until the 75th minute when Broadfoot got sent off. Scum scored in 90th minute and Brown got sent off for a 2nd yellow while celebrating.

Good post and adds some perspective.

It was a good result today but we were terrible most of the game.

I wanted to see us winning with confidence and we were anything but confident today.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

We do need Kent back but I think we’ll be trying very hard to make that happen.  There’s very little Gerrard can do with limited funds.

I don’t think we needed to spend all that money on Helander right enough.  Katic and Goldson have a good partnership and Edmundson looks the real deal.  

Limited funds, he's spent more on his centre halves than the last 2 managers got to spend combined

No, under steve clarke they were a difficult team, under the new guy they lost to a team of welsh farmers at home

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

We needed cover for our CBS,  not 4 million  on helander that could have been spent elsewhere. 

Aribo has been good, ojo has done nothing other thar 1 goal of note. His decision making is shambolic.

Stewart and Jones are daft signings that don't improve the squad. The minute we start accepting Kilmarnock players as good signings I'm chucking it 

Well the do improve the squad how can you say they don’t?

they don’t improve the first 11 but they do the squad.

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

End of last season we said we needed 3 quality signings. A LB, RW and CM (and Kent back). 

We have made 6 signings and only addressed one of those problems and it's unacceptable. 

I'm delighted we got that last minute winner today but sad truth is we are winning nothing this season with Barisic, Jones and Ojo in the team. The fact we've spent £4m on centre backs is nothing short of a farce. Haven't completely written off Ojo yet as it's far too early but early signs aren't encouraging me. Still 3 positions short, we just need to pray we still get Kent. 

How’s about maybe judging the teams signings when the transfer window has closed eh..just a thought.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

Well the do improve the squad how can you say they don’t?

they don’t improve the first 11 but they do the squad.

When people like Kent and Candeias are being replaced with players like Jones and Ojo then the squad is not being improved. 

Fuck me it's not rocket science 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

When people like Kent and Candeias are being replaced with players like Jones and Ojo then the squad is not being improved. 

Fuck me it's not rocket science 

They haven’t replaced them have they cos correct me if I’m wrong Kent and candieas started most game last season and I’m sure jones and stewart were on the bench.

not replacing them is it when they don’t go directly into the team.

we all know they were  signed to be impact players on low wage whats the big fucking deal get a grip.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

They haven’t replaced them have they cos correct me if I’m wrong Kent and candieas started most game last season and I’m sure jones and stewart were on the bench.

not replacing them is it when they don’t go directly into the team.

we all know they were  signed to be impact players on low wage whats the big fucking deal get a grip.

What's the big fucking deal? We want to win the fucking league that's the big deal, if you're happy to sit behind the tarriers and accept second due to signing shite like ojo n jones then you're supporting the wrong fucking team 

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

What's the big fucking deal? We want to win the fucking league that's the big deal, if you're happy to sit behind the tarriers and accept second due to signing shite like ojo n jones then you're supporting the wrong fucking team 

When did I say I’m happy to be second ya fucking mong.

i said jones and stewart will come in handy as squad players.

you seem to forget candeias was absolute pish for last 3 months of season but all of a sudden since he’s gone he’s suddenly a superstar.

your slagging off our transfer window when we still have a month to go before it shuts so stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

When did I say I’m happy to be second ya fucking mong.

i said jones and stewart will come in handy as squad players.

you seem to forget candeias was absolute pish for last 3 months of season but all of a sudden since he’s gone he’s suddenly a superstar.

your slagging off our transfer window when we still have a month to go before it shuts so stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Aye because we're going to be very active in the next 4 weeks, you're a fuckin spastic :lol:

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye because we're going to be very active in the next 4 weeks, you're a fuckin spastic :lol:

So if we added Kent or someone of similar quality would you not be happy with our business?

ojo is a better footballer than candieas