Officialdom Conspiracy - postponed season 2019/20 (pending null & void)

For dodgy / dubious/ game changing / laws wrongly enforced type decisions...... Includes refs, matchday officials and Compliance Officer decisions and interventions.

For: 1

Against: 2

Synopsis:

Game 1 (Killie away) - nothing overly contentious.  For all the complaints of repeat fouls by Alfie there were fouls on Tav on lead up to their goal and possible 2nd yellow for challenge by Power on Barisic. No dramas.

Game 2 (Hivs home) - nothing overly contentious again. Hivs player red carded for 2 blatant yellows. Fair bit of leniency shown by ref towards Hivs. Borderline pen for Rangers (Wela on Jones) but inconclusive from tv images.

Game 3 (St Mirren away) - nothing overly contentious again 😂. Harsh booking for Helunder but overall sensible refereeing and linesmen getting decisions spot on on the whole. 

Game 4 (scum home)

- Blatant simulation by McGregor

Game 5 (Livi home) 

Big decisions correct, lesser decisions had a whiff of deliberately going against Rangers.

Game 6 (St J away)

- Blatant penalty against Davidson handball not given

- Defoe offside for goal

Numerous St J late challenges ignored or not retrospectively addressed after play stopped.

Completed games:

Matchday 1 - Killie away (Collum)

Matchday 2 - Hivs home (Beaton)

Matchday 3 - St Mirren away (Clancy)

Matchday 4 - Scum home (Madden)

Matchday 5 - Livi home (Collum)

Matchday 6 - St J away (Dallas)

Matchday 7 - sheep home

Matchday 8 - Hamilton home

Matchday 9 - Hearts away

Matchday 10 - Motherwell home 

Matchday 11- Ross County away

Matchday 12 - postponed

Matchday 13 - Livi away

Matchday 14 - Hamilton home

Matchday 15 - Hearts home

Matchday 16 - Sheep away

Matchday 17 - Motherwell

Matchday 18 - Hivs away

Matchday 19 - Killie home

Matchday 20 - Scum away (Clancy cheat)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Power's wasnt a second yellow imo. Just a foul. Many of us would be moaning if someone committed the number of fouls Morelos did against us and wasn't booked. No big dramas though. Thought Collum was pretty decent.

EDIT: Yeah, and Power's first was soft.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I don’t think his yellow was a yellow tbh 

Nor do I. But if on a yellow you have to be doubly careful. The incident with Barisic didnt look much, though there was contact. Barisic certainly thought he'd left a bit on.

But as I say, decent refs performance, no red cards which is justified, and most who deserved yellows got them.

What I would say is thankfully there was no questionable offside type decisions with players breaking through on goal. Sky camera coverage and playback was shocking.

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Astonishing but not quite 

It was Willie collum and this is clearly what we are going to get all season especially if games are tight 

Thought at the time were 1-0 up this is the sensible refereeing card being used. 

10 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Quite remarkable that the general consensus is the ref was decent apart from broadfoot/morelos  . Which I do agree with. However if we had not scored a late winner I suspect the opinions of many would have been entirely different. 

I

Why would it have been different if there was nothing that went against us? Just a poor performance by us! 

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Morelos needs to be a little more clever there, he’s looking at the player instead of the ball. You can see why the ref gave the free kick against him in my opinion.

Yep. Free kick Kilmarnock was the right call. Broadfoot lucky not to be booked, though.

Just thinking out loud really as watched Goldson's goal again - could have easily been 2 penalties there - Broadfoot on Goldson, quite brilliant he still managed to score despite being manhandled at the time and Katic was fouled, also. No Conspiracy Theory just both looked stonewallers , happy to get the win  and move on from f'ing killie man!

26 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Why would it have been different if there was nothing that went against us? Just a poor performance by us! 

Totally agree in fact before the late winner I was ready to post we only had ourselves to blame if we had only came away with a draw. Just saying if it did end a draw many would look for some reason to blame the ref. 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Totally agree in fact before the late winner I was ready to post we only had ourselves to blame if we had only came away with a draw. Just saying if it did end a draw many would look for some reason to blame the ref. 

Not really been into the matchday thread to see if the ref was being slated during the game. Was he? I've yet to see anyone slating the ref, probably because there was nothing overly contentious in the game. So what's the basis for the assumption folk would blame the ref yesterday for a draw, and on which decisions would this blame be pinned?

1 hour ago, Henders82 said:

Just thinking out loud really as watched Goldson's goal again - could have easily been 2 penalties there - Broadfoot on Goldson, quite brilliant he still managed to score despite being manhandled at the time and Katic was fouled, also. No Conspiracy Theory just both looked stonewallers , happy to get the win  and move on from f'ing killie man!

I didn't notice the Goldson foul until after but Katic was a glaring penalty.   Not sure a penalty would have been given if we hadn't scored though.

The player booked in the first half  harshly when he seemed to win the ball then also elbowed Barstic ain the first half should have got a second yellow and walked.  Does not matter his first yellow was very soft . 

Collum bottled it as it was a second yellow all day long.     That was his only mistake but it was a major mistake. 

Archived