Officialdom Conspiracy - postponed season 2019/20 (pending null & void)

13 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It was right in front of him, he turned a blind eye rather than not seeing it and it had an effect on the game that resulted in an equaliser.

He made one error in our favour but absolutely everything else was giving the benefit of the doubt to them. That 'style' of officiating has a cumulative effect on the outcome of the game. For Collum, its as good as it gets but it should be an awful lot better.

Morelos was more sinned against than sinner, as usual. He showed a refreshing level of restraint though, in contrast to last season.

Thought Morelos was near being booked, but was correct not to have been, and Power shouldn't have been. Free kicks here and there he got wrong, including Tav, for both sides. As with any free kick, Tav's doesn't stand as a big call. Just so happens it (eventually) led to a goal. Basically just another missed free kick. I think Power and not booking Broadfoot were the biggest mistakes. Pretty even stuff all in.

Decent game to my eyes, but not particularly testing for him. Not a good ref, so it won't last.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Thought Morelos was near being booked, but was correct not to have been, and Power shouldn't have been. Free kicks here and there he got wrong, including Tav, for both sides. As with any free kick, Tav's doesn't stand as a big call. Just so happens it (eventually) led to a goal. Basically just another missed free kick. I think Power and not booking Broadfoot were the biggest mistakes. Pretty even stuff all in.

Decent game to my eyes, but not particularly testing for him. Not a good ref, so it won't last.

If he had, genuinely, not seen it, I would possibly agree but it was about 5 yards from him in his direct line of sight.  There is no excuse for a referee at any level to not give it (I'd have been ashamed to miss it in games I reffed at Sunday league level).

Its a sad state of affairs that such a performance is seen as 'decent' from, supposedly, one of the SFAs top officials. As I said its the cumulative effect of the performance that influences games. While there are those that will accept that level then things will never change.

12 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

If he had, genuinely, not seen it, I would possibly agree but it was about 5 yards from him in his direct line of sight.  There is no excuse for a referee at any level to not give it (I'd have been ashamed to miss it in games I reffed at Sunday league level).

Its a sad state of affairs that such a performance is seen as 'decent' from, supposedly, one of the SFAs top officials. As I said its the cumulative effect of the performance that influences games. While there are those that will accept that level then things will never change.

I've seen refs do that kind of thing countless times up here. They're largely grim.

It was one call for a free kick. Bad call but no massive deal. I thought not booking Broadfoot was his worst decision. Overall though, found myself agreeing with most of his decisions, so decent performance for me.

As for change, if this is what we got every week I'd be happy. Obviously it won't be, because they'll get big calls wrong when they come up as usual.

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Didn't he? Barely any time between the two things, dunno how you can tell that. 

Was it an infringement by Morelos or not? Aye, it was. 

I think he might have got a shout in the ear???  Collum pointed up the way as if he was saying that the decision wasn't his...

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

I think he might have got a shout in the ear???  Collum pointed up the way as if he was saying that the decision wasn't his...

Could have. As long as they get it right, which I think he did. Until he then fucked it by not booking the egg destroyer.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Could have. As long as they get it right, which I think he did. Until he then fucked it by not booking the egg destroyer.

Aye, you're right. It looked like a double booking to me but he never booked either of them so considering the circumstances and having the benefit of hindsight he never done too bad. Makes it easy to see why we don't have any refs on the UEFA list anymore. 

Too early in the season to say if we are being treated differently to other teams but if we are, it will not just show up in big "talking point" incidents. They are influenced by too many individual factors within a game.

It would be much more useful to measure 3 or 4 statistics across a whole season that should illustrate a trend and ignore outlying events.

Yellow and red cards per game, fouls per game or unit of time, penalties for and against versus possession or attacks or chances, etc.

Simple example from yesterday: Would you say Rangers were noticeably dirtier than Kilmarnock? I would say no.

But going by how Collum refereed the match, if you look at the time in possession versus fouls given against, we were 4 times more likely to commit a foul per minute or second that Kilmarnock had the ball than the other way around. I would say the refereeing was slightly off-balance in that scenario.

If that kind of picture repeats across a season, it is hard to argue against bias.

6 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Too early in the season to say if we are being treated differently to other teams but if we are, it will not just show up in big "talking point" incidents. They are influenced by too many individual factors within a game.

It would be much more useful to measure 3 or 4 statistics across a whole season that should illustrate a trend and ignore outlying events.

Yellow and red cards per game, fouls per game or unit of time, penalties for and against versus possession or attacks or chances, etc.

Simple example from yesterday: Would you say Rangers were noticeably dirtier than Kilmarnock? I would say no.

But going by how Collum refereed the match, if you look at the time in possession versus fouls given against, we were 4 times more likely to commit a foul per minute or second that Kilmarnock had the ball than the other way around. I would say the refereeing was slightly off-balance in that scenario.

If that kind of picture repeats across a season, it is hard to argue against bias.

Great suggestion. Thanks for volunteering, I'll add your stats to post 1 once you've posted them after each game. 😁

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said at the time watching the replay both Katic & Goldson are stonewall pens. 

You can put your mortgage on the fact neither would have been given if Goldson hadn’t scored. 

There was an angle that was right behind the referee giving a great view of the goal. He never moved. There was no chance he was giving either, even though they were stonewallers.

THAT is what we are up against 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not really been into the matchday thread to see if the ref was being slated during the game. Was he? I've yet to see anyone slating the ref, probably because there was nothing overly contentious in the game. So what's the basis for the assumption folk would blame the ref yesterday for a draw, and on which decisions would this blame be pinned?

The match day thread had a few complaints about the ref

18 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Good point.we do dominate most sides with a lot more possesion but we are bottom of fair play league .

Tarriers use this stat of more possesion equals less chance of committing fouls .so why can't we ask the question

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why didn't Collum blow the whistle as soon as Morelos shoulder barged him then? 

Collum gave the foul to Kilmarnock as soon as Morelos barged him. If an opposition striker did that to us, we’d absolutely be shouting for a foul.  Taking blue tinted glasses off, a  free kick to them was the right  call.

4 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

There was an angle that was right behind the referee giving a great view of the goal. He never moved. There was no chance he was giving either, even though they were stonewallers.

THAT is what we are up against 

Just saw that view and came on to post exactly that. Katic getting wrestled to the floor at a set piece which I thought was a major focus for refs now? Not Collum on Sunday clearly. Only surprise was he didn’t invent an infringement against Goldson. 

Rangers v Hivs.

Easiest 2 yellows and subsequent red ever. No other big decisions other than pen shout for foul by Wela on Jones, tight but inconclusive.

Fair bit of leniency afforded to numerous Hivs players not really given to the booked Ojo and Katic. McGregor made approx 6 fouls after 5th min yellow, some blatant not given but clear repeat fouling. Wela on Jones a clear yellow. Mallan tried to wipe out Tav in front of dugouts no action taken. Inconsistency in terms of leniency when again no bad fouls made by Rangers.  

Will update separately fouls per yellow card..  interesting summary to date.. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rangers v Hivs.

Easiest 2 yellows and subsequent red ever. No other big decisions either than pen shout for foul by Wela on Jones, tight but inconclusive.

Fair bit of leniency afforded to numerous Hivs players not really given to the booked Aribo and Katic. McGregor madecapprox 6 fouls after 5th min yellow, some blatant not given but clear repeat fouling. Wela on Jones a clear yellow. Malan tried to wipe out Tav on front of dugouts no action taken. Inconsistency in terms of leniency when again no bad fouls made by Rangers.  

Will update separately fouls per yellow card..  interesting summary to date.. 

Racist.

Agree with that tbf.

SPL yellow cards per no of fouls:

Team.   fouls/ yellows / fouls per yellow issued

1 motherwell  31 / 8 /         3.9

2 Hivs 17 / 4 /                        4.25

3 St J.   23 / 4 /                        5.75

4 Sheep 32 / 6  /                      5.8

5 Rangers. 28 / 4 /                 7

6 Killi.   21. / 3 /                       7

7 Ross Cty.  22 / 3 /             7.1

8. Livi.  30 / 4 /                       7.5

9 St  J  23 / 4/                          8

10. Ham.   27 /  3 /                9

11. Hertz. 36 / 3 /                 12

12 Scum. 18/ 0.                   No bookings

Interestingly only one team has no yellows.  Two of the teams picking up most yellows per foul ratio played that same team.  Rangers have picked up 4 yellows to date despite a bad foul yet to be made. Make of it what you will...

As is always the case when we’re involved the majority of 50/50 decisions go against us. 

That wee cunts tackle on Ojo in the first half was an absolute joke. Reminded me of Kipre on Jack, it was deliberate cause he slipped and Ojo was by him. 

The linesmen were yet again an absolute embarrassment. The one on the main stand side standing like a spare part when 50,000 people seen the clear handball and didn’t move his flag was clear cheating. 

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

SPL yellow cards per no of fouls:

Team.   fouls/ yellows / fouls per yellow isued

1 motherwell  31 / 8 /         3.9

2 Hivs 17 / 4 /                        4.25

3 St J.   23 / 4 /                        5.75

4 Sheep 32 / 6  /                      5.8

5 Rangers. 28 / 4 /                 7

6 Killi.   21. / 3 /                       7

7 Ross Cty.  22 / 3 /             7.1

8. Livi.  30 / 4 /                       7.5

9 St  J  23 / 4/                          8

10. Ham.   27 /  3 /                9

11. Hertz. 36 / 3 /                 12

12 Scum. 18/ 0.                   No bookings

Interestingly only one team has no yellows.  Two of the teams picking up most yellows per foul ratio played that same team.  Rangers have picked up 4 yellows to date despite a bad foul yet. Make of it what you will...

First time in years iv watched a scum game that didnt involve us. There was a 50/50 where that rb boli boli good golly miss molly went in on a Motherwell player. Both sliding on the ground. Motherwell player won the ball. They both collided. Yellow card Motherwell. 

They get away with murder, there can only be a psychological thing going on with Refs due to the way the tarriers have attacked any call against them in the recent past. Making it easier for officials to be leniant on them as its not worth the hassle. 

Archived