Middleton to Hibs? Wtf

BigBearButt

Just now, bluenoz said:

paranoia x 100.

Don’t get me wrong if he’s performing amazingly for them then they will play him but I think if he’s inconsistent and has a few poor games they won’t hesitate to drop him straight away once the fans are on his back. They fucking despise us.

If this goes through I'll feel really sorry for Glenn Middleton.

Towards the end of last season he was playing 3 games a week for various Rangers teams and scoring for fun.

For me, he was an immediate shoe in for Kent's position. Does this mean Kent will return?

No way does the lad deserve to be farmed out to those cunts!

Really don’t know how I feel about this move. I despise hibs and the majority of clubs in Scottish football and we should give them fuckall. This has the potential to be a great move for the player though. Same level as us and a team that should be trying to break teams down rather than playing on the break. Torn. 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Their fans will undoubtedly give him a hard time but in a footballing sense it's a good loan for him. I'd prefer to see us doing this with more of our young players tbh rather than sending them to the likes of Shrewsbury and Bury.

I keep seeing people say their fans will give him a hard time but he’s played a good number of games for us and we aren’t exactly a patient bunch ourselves. 

I’m sure he’ll handle the mental side no problem.

This is a good move and we need to do it more often.  Kilmarnock were a much better team with Mulumbu in the side against us and weakened every time they played the scum without him!

I'd much rather we sent players on loan at this level than the over rated league one, league two down South and sending them to the Scottish Championship tells us nothing.   We should either send them to Scottish top flight or English Championship (another over rated league) where if they make an impact their value will be strong.  If we send some promising players to various teams in our league then they will have extra motivation against the beasts and then drop out when it's time to play us.  Win / win.  It also may make it easier to pluck players from the other teams as they will be more hesitant to tell us to fuck off knowing it could effect borrowing our promising youngsters.

Though I despise the thought of helping one of the club's who wanted us dead out I think it is a good move for him. Assuming he gets match time it will help him develop within our league, the one he will play on for us after all.

He could help take points off the filth. Hibs will of course be paying his wages, money we can spend on other things. They seemed desperate to land him so I'd charge the cunts more than his wages with a large penalty clause if he gets injured/doesn't play a certain amount of matches.

I'd also make sure the poor lad had a jet-wash when he returns from that shite hole of a city and was drug tested for smack. Lol. 

6 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I keep seeing people say their fans will give him a hard time but he’s played a good number of games for us and we aren’t exactly a patient bunch ourselves. 

I’m sure he’ll handle the mental side no problem.

Aye I just get the feeling he'll get abuse from a section of them whether he plays well or not just down to who his parent club is but I'm sure he's already aware of that.

8 hours ago, Allyup said:

After the Scott Allan debacle it would take a few generations before I would forgive and forget with that club.

disappointed with the board.

If we don’t win something meaningful soon a lot of people will lose patience with this board.

Could it be that in order to bring in new faces Gerrard has been told he must offload first, and with time beginning to run out - prospective loans to Doncaster and Breda falling through - we couldn’t afford to be too picky?

It’s not a club I particularly want to see any of our players end up at, but as others have said, it does allow us to gauge his ability in the league we play in.

On the wider question of patience I agree there.

Gerrard really needed to hit the ground running this season otherwise the knives will be out for him, and after that the board will inevitably come under greater scrutiny.

3 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Not sure if this has been covered or not in this thread. 

Which Scottish team in SPL would you want Middleton to be loaned to? 

There aren't many truly competitive teams( who we don't also despise)that he can go to, is there?  Hearts perhaps? 

Hearts and Hibs are the only two teams he could go to, potentially improve and do some damage against celtic. 

9 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I hope we can recall him at anytime.

Because it wouldn’t shock me if Hibs are the sort of club to sign him on Loan and then never play him to stall his development just so we suffer.

So tight-fisted and short of players Hivs will pay a chunk of the wages of a boy not getting a game here just to get him there to not play him and stall his development?:hmmm:

9 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Don’t get me wrong if he’s performing amazingly for them then they will play him but I think if he’s inconsistent and has a few poor games they won’t hesitate to drop him straight away once the fans are on his back. They fucking despise us.

So if he's playing well he keeps playing, if he doesn't or is inconsistent then he gets dropped. Fans will get on his back too.

Is that any different to any other club, or in terms of playing time how it actually should be?

9 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

If this goes through I'll feel really sorry for Glenn Middleton.

Towards the end of last season he was playing 3 games a week for various Rangers teams and scoring for fun.

For me, he was an immediate shoe in for Kent's position. Does this mean Kent will return?

No way does the lad deserve to be farmed out to those cunts!

In my view that's not a good thing.

He proved towards the end of last season he's far too good for development football but I don't think he's good  enough for our first team yet.

A loan makes perfect sense. 

17 hours ago, Sub Genius said:

Could it be that in order to bring in new faces Gerrard has been told he must offload first, and with time beginning to run out - prospective loans to Doncaster and Breda falling through - we couldn’t afford to be too picky?

It’s not a club I particularly want to see any of our players end up at, but as others have said, it does allow us to gauge his ability in the league we play in.

On the wider question of patience I agree there.

Gerrard really needed to hit the ground running this season otherwise the knives will be out for him, and after that the board will inevitably come under greater scrutiny.

Whilst I agree with what you say I really want to see Gerrard come good and the board too.At the end of the day I am an out and out Rangers fan and want to see us win something meaningful soon and build our club to be stronger.

23 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Not sure if this has been covered or not in this thread. 

Which Scottish team in SPL would you want Middleton to be loaned to? 

There aren't many truly competitive teams( who we don't also despise)that he can go to, is there?  Hearts perhaps? 

Dundee United for me