My, my, how things have changed

beararse

Sign of the times I know, but it’s kinda depressing that:

1. Nobody seems remotely interested in buying our two best players, and

2. The vast majority of us are hoping that a 22 year old is that under rated in England that the SPL Young player of the year doesn’t have anyone interested in buying him down South so what we can maybe get him on loan.

And before the usual insults are hurled, I don’t necessarily want to sell out best and would be delighted to get Kent.

Just bemoaning the fact we’ve went from securing players like Laudrup,  DeBoer, Gascoigne etc to hoping some cunt doesn’t buy Kent.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Seems a silly post then 

No’ really....

The section you highlighted  is exactly what I’m getting at.

Our level is so far removed from what it used to be.

I appreciate these big name signings of the past led us ultimately to financial ruin but it’s depressing as fuck, having lived through the highs,  to find ourselves in this current position.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Of course things have changed footballs changed since the days of Gazza Laudrup etc

2012 changed our club probably forever,  you’re kind of stating the obvious mate 😆

Yep, I know I am.

Just found it depressing as fuck reading the Kent transfer forum thread where fans are praying nobody bids for him.

If there are no bids it means he ain’t interesting anyone.

Sad state of affairs when you consider he’s the signing we are all pinning our hopes on.

Just now, beararse said:

No’ really....

I appreciate these big name signings of the past led us ultimately to financial ruin but it’s depressing as fuck, having lived through the highs,  to find ourselves in this current position.

We’re clearly in a much worse place than we were a quarter of a century ago, but the things you’ve mentioned don’t really highlight it in the slightest.

I’d argue that having a 30 goal Colombian international striker shows we’re in a much better place than we have been for years.

I mean, you could have complained about how Neil McCann wasn’t as good as Jim Baxter if you’d liked... I’m not sure what the point of that would be either.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

No’ really....

We don't know if bids or communication regarding our best players have happened. Clubs don't always broadcast it 

The fact you seem to want bids for our best players and view that as some form of indicator seems daft to me.

If for example you can't see or understand that Morelos is a fantastic young striker who has scored over 100 goals in his short career already then that says more about you. 

Bids on players doesn't decide how good they are. There is a bid in for grezda and he's shite

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Is that you just realising football has changed due to TV money?

:lol:

Head in the sand loyal from the OP, whether 2012 happened or not football was always going this way and it’s on a one way road to a European league of elite teams and sod everyone else where teams will start going to the wall more frequently.

Sky and now BT have well and truly fucked football over where Harry Maguire moves for £80m......insane.

Things change they’ll change again sometime soon, football has always worked in cycles and eventually all the sheikhs and weird tourist fans will lose interest in the Premier League and seeing the same 8 teams vying for the champions league 

You’ll never see footballers like Gazza and Laudrup again in general not just here because their high standard of actual footballing ability has been replaced by athleticism in the modern age which is why for the most part football is absolute trash to watch these days