Katic

GOAT

13 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Fair enough mate.  :lol:

At any rate, if we keep progressing in Europe, there's a lot of 90mins between now and May.  Having 4 quality CBs will stand us in good stead imo. 

Agreed. If Edmundson/Helander have the right attitudes we’re on to good times,  

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

What I finish that was and he dug us out on a few occasions in the nervy time after they scored 

Also their striker was NBA player size and couldn’t beat him in the air 

Their striker was 6,5 and a real handful. Katic was able to stand up to him and compete for balls in the air.  Not only that, but Katic scores a strikers goal up the other end.  Came through that test with shining colours.

Certainly starting to show his qualities. With the signings made at CB, it looked like he would be the one to drop out but performances like that justify the gaffers need to have healthy/quality competition for places. Big man currently is a shoe in at the moment.

3 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Agreed! Love big Nikola...... But it wouldn't be too hard to be better than Goldson.

I think Goldson is a good defender tbh but he’s an absolute bomb scare with the ball at his feet. If Helander is to come in he should be replacing Goldson, not Katic. 

Love the big man. I was also pleased that Gerrard referenced the excellent work by both him and Goldson in the post match interview. It was started to annoy me that Stevie never referred to him in interviews even when he played very well, bodes well for the big man.

See the thing is, I love Katic and I do not want him to be substituted but Edmundson is the player, of this I have no doubt. As for Helender, he is the money signing which makes Katic's tenure in doubt. Goldson seems to the one that is irreplaceable. 

I watched most of Croatias U21 matches at this summers Euros(only to watch Katic) while they got put out in the group stage Katic easily was their most impressive defender, The guy the tarriers had on loan last year was playing beside him, I think he was bought by Leicester for 18m,

Wouldn't surprise me that Katic after next summers Euros or maybe even in the lead up to the tournament starts getting called up for the full squad. 

That could well be bad news though as it wouldn't take long for offers that we couldn't refuse to come in. Iv been racking my brain and can't think of another centre half that was so loved by the support. The best in my time we have had was Gough but even he had a lot of critics. 

Now I know he's nowhere near as good as Gough but what a player this young man is. Deserves to be one of the first names on the sheet.