Martyn Waghorn article in The Telegraph.

beararse

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

Exactly. He isnt a shite footballer or he wouldnt have done well at Ipswich and a respectable return at a top championship side in derby.

Glad hes on the road to recovery. Think the scrutiny hes under at a club as big as ours is too much pressure for a lot of players. Will always be a bear.

Psychology is a modern basic requirement for managers and footballers. And Gerrard will have been well schooled at Liverpool. 

Interesting that one of the first things Gerrard did with the squad was concentrate them on being a "family" and gave the positive outgoing characters support (Halliday).

To me that is common sense asa team on the park should work well as a team off the park and support each other as much as possible.

Which begs the big question, was Warburton's man management so poor he could not see Waghorn was becoming isolated and depressed, and failed to attempt to rectify this ?

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Psychology is a modern basic requirement for managers and footballers. And Gerrard will have been well schooled at Liverpool. 

Interesting that one of the first things Gerrard did with the squad was concentrate them on being a "family" and gave the positive outgoing characters support (Halliday).

To me that is common sense asa team on the park should work well as a team off the park and support each other as much as possible.

Which begs the big question, was Warburton's man management so poor he could not see Waghorn was becoming isolated and depressed, and failed to attempt to rectify this ?

Almost impossible to notice at the time it’s only on reflection that it can be realized that the tell tale signs were there all along but just missed amongst the daily routine,  thankfully awareness is now being promoted in a positive sense and hopefully encourage sufferers to seek the help that they require, a bastard of an illness.

15 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Horrible that the guy was suffering, and it’s great he’s on top of it for now. But he was still fucking rubbish. 

Not what I remember. He's part of the story as far as I'm concerned, delighted me from his first match at Easter Road. Why be so cruel ? 

8 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Not what I remember. He's part of the story as far as I'm concerned, delighted me from his first match at Easter Road. Why be so cruel ? 

You must be easily pleased. 

I’m not being cruel either. I’ve consistently stated on here that I thought he was fucking dreadful. 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

No. In fact that’s very fucking harsh. 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Horrible that the guy was suffering, and it’s great he’s on top of it for now. But he was still fucking rubbish. 

56 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I’m not being cruel either. I’ve consistently stated on here that I thought he was fucking dreadful. 

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

I tore my hair out watching him sometimes, but I would never say he was dreadful, infact I'd go as far to say that his debut against hibs sparked a new dawn. His season in the premiership was poor but I'll always be grateful for his service. Your shite is taig like 

Bumped into him in american golf at bearsden. It was just after getting humped in an old firm game - he seemed a nice bloke but was noticably uncomfortable when i mentioned the game.

Can't  understand players shrinking under pressure...surely getting to play big games is what its all about and why you work your nuts of through your career. When theres no pressure it means the game is meaningless. And who wants to play meaningless games?