Jack - magnificent today

Sparkle

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Marky. said:

So good, today and Thursday. Gerrard has taken him under his wing and improved him immensely.

Crazy that he can’t get into the Scotland squad, but their loss is our gain - morons.

That says it all really, but we all know why. 

I never thought he would get much game time this season with Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Docherty, McCrorie all there at the start of pre season but he has stepped up his game massivley so far this season and is pretty much a guarnteed starter at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Docherty and Kamara are going to struggle forcing their way into that midfield. 

Very true but can't see those 3 playing Thursday and Sunday most weeks so rotation will be needed. Especially Davis as he's older than Jack and Aribo. 

It does my nut in when players like Brandon Barker come into the club and get slaughtered straight away, despite the fact that all you have to do is look at the number of players who were already here who've went on to improve under Gerrard. 

Jack is probably the main one. 

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Very true but can't see those 3 playing Thursday and Sunday most weeks so rotation will be needed. Especially Davis as he's older than Jack and Aribo. 

Kamara will get more game time in Davis position, but I really do feel for Docherty. I can't see him playing much, despite a successful loan spell last season. 

Just now, Goianegra said:

Kamara will get more game time in Davis position, but I really do feel for Docherty. I can't see him playing much, despite a successful loan spell last season. 

Yep Kamara will get more time than docherty. Can see us brining on doch with ten mins to go in tight games where we need some energy and to sure things up. 

10 minutes ago, Marky. said:

So good, today and Thursday. Gerrard has taken him under his wing and improved him immensely.

Crazy that he can’t get into the Scotland squad, but their loss is our gain - morons.

Long may he continue to be overlooked by those shower of cunts.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It does my nut in when players like Brandon Barker come into the club and get slaughtered straight away, despite the fact that all you have to do is look at the number of players who were already here who've went on to improve under Gerrard. 

Jack is probably the main one. 

Definitely. I’d add Tav to that too, certainly in terms of attitude and mentality.

1 minute ago, Goianegra said:

Kamara is a better player than Davis imo. Nice wee assist for Davis today but more often than not he keeps it too simple for my liking.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Think the strengthening of midfield options has maybe pushed him on to find a new level. A competitive squad bearing fruit.

Agree with this.

He was good last season, but lacked consistency and seemed to drift in and out of games a lot, probably due to the fact that he knew he was keeping his place regardless. 

He's been brilliant so far this season and seems to go looking for the ball a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

Agree, although once the fixtures start piling up and injuries and suspensions kick in I’m sure he’ll get a fair crack of the whip. If we want to win titles, having players of decent quality on the edges of the squad is a must.

41 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I never thought he would get much game time this season with Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, Docherty, McCrorie all there at the start of pre season but he has stepped up his game massivley so far this season and is pretty much a guarnteed starter at the moment.

What a great headache the gaffer has in terms of team selection,we've not had this for years,long may it continue!!!

Archived