Jack - magnificent today

Sparkle

1 hour ago, barrymorrison1 said:

bot bothered if he doesn’t play, but I’m sure as a player, he probably would love to be playing for his country.

Think there will come a time when he can’t be ignored (55), also think your right re him wanting caps, the increase in reputation and value as an international is a no brainier...

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

I can't be arsed to look but the amount of posters who drop him in their team selections on a math thread is astounding. First name on Gerrard's team sheet every week.

Somethings not adding up here :pipe:

He deserves huge credit. I think we all knew he had a bit of dig and fight but last season and this season he's taken his game to another level. His awareness, composure, movement and passing are superb. There have been so many times where he takes it in tight defensive areas. It's easy to knock it back to the keeper or to a defender but rather than taking the safe option he draws players in, takes them out of position, believes in his ability, plays a more offensive pass and from nowhere we are on the break. I like him but I genuinely didn't think he had that in his locker.

It would be quite interesting to see everyones best starting line up at the start of the season as I don't think everyone would have had Jack starting. To Jack's credit I think we all would now. It's clear how much he's been working on his game and long may it continue.

Excellent to see Jack get a Scotland call - something the player has said he wants. 

Deserved and will be good for him going forward if he can get a regular start for the national team. International recognition is something every player wants and it benefits the whole team, it's also excellent that Gerrard has done so much to increase international recognition within the squad. Guys going off to play for Croatia, Finland, Nigeria, Scotland, Sweden, Northern Ireland etc puts the club back as a place players will want to come and play.

Those who see this as a bad thing, despite the player saying he wants to play for Scotland, despite the manager promoting international recognition and despite the experience it brings are truly out of touch

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Thoroughly deserved call up. His game has evolved massively under Gerrard. Have always liked him as a player and he is fast becoming one of the first names on our team sheet. If he gets some minutes for Scotland I hope he does well and shows everyone how good a player he is. 

Called up to be booed when he comes off the bench after not getting a start in favour of shite like McTominay. Risking his fitness and confidence to get scudded off Russia and Belgium 

Wouldn’t put it past his scumbag ‘team mates’ that play in our league to try and do him in training 

11 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Called up to be booed when he comes off the bench after not getting a start in favour of shite like McTominay. Risking his fitness and confidence to get scudded off Russia and Belgium 

Wouldn’t put it past his scumbag ‘team mates’ that play in our league to try and do him in training 

On the flip side he could put in a cracking performance against those two teams which would do his confidence no harm at all.  I for one would love to see him battling it out with a team such as Belgium. 

Well done Ryan, well deserved.

We need our players in the national team.  Apart from the recognition, it improves our profile, players become know further afield and increases their value as assets...if they do well.  Added benefit it might piss some people off.  :happy:

Archived