*****The Official Rangers v FC Midtjylland Thread*****

RangersMedia

i don't give a flying rat's ass fuck in the world what the score is as long as we go through.

would be a fucking riddy if we got put out right after the scum. 

we have a 2 goal advantage. get fucking set about them and get into the next stage.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping (expecting) that we'll win the game by a comfortable margin.    SG is bound to have warned the players against showing any signs of complacency or lack of hunger / tempo.  

Its the wider factors of a game that may also have to be dealt with by Gerrard and the team.    We've seen the script so many times last season so hopefully Gerrard has got them well prepared for things like:

• targeting one or some of our players for 'special' treatment to get them to retaliate and sent off.  It'd be an obvious way for them to leverage  back a bit of advantage.    
  • risk of them getting lucky early on and snatch a goal.    That'd put pressure on Rangers and the resulting anxiety might cause a bit of panic stations as they press for a second.   
  • the referee.   If he takes it on himself to start dishing out unwarranted or soft fouls against Rangers and cards and they got a lot of attacking set pieces then that might play to their strengths

But Gerrard will have the team well briefed and well prepared …. and well warned that they have a real job to do tonight to see the tie over the finishing line.   

3 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

I’d largely agree with that but Davis instead of Kamara all day for me. Especially as I think since the start of preseason, Kamara’s looked slightly off it and has given the ball away in dangerous positions and either caused a goal or almost caused one. He did it in the first leg in Denmark too.  Davis just seems more on his game to me.

Again I wouldn't have a problem with Davis.  Reads the game well & is looking better after getting his fitness levels up.  Quietly efficient & reliable.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

FB_IMG_1565889841636.jpg

I’m cool with that. Aribo’s a yellow away from suspension and though Jones has been cracking the past couple of games, what a weapon to bring on in the 2nd half when they’re tired. Just shows how much better squad depth is. Ojo needs to put in a good performance though.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Maybe Jones but not Aribo. He's a yellow away from a suspension. No brainer to have him on the bench.

I guess. Main issue with Arfield is he looks a bit tired after playing with Canada, would rather have rested him for a few weeks.

Archived