Jump to content

Response from Rangers regarding Kilmarnock - Club 1872


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't see how anyone can argue them.  The club aren't going to be like we loved the on pitch celebrations, more of that please 

My only comment is why was that not put on the Rangers website ? (I have looked but cannot find it) Surely all Rangers fans should have access to what the Club have said, not just those who are  

7? Try 20

Posted Images

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

At the very least the Club could have put out a much earlier statement along the lines of the following  (so that we know that action is being taken and to expect an update):

  • we note and disagree with the premature remarks from a Kilmarnock director which seek to apportion blame on Rangers before facts are established;
  • we note with continued anger and deep concern the continued anti-Rangers reporting by the BBC who are also minded to comment in public before facts are established;
  • We take the health and safety of all supporters at games involving Rangers very seriously.    Anything which causes safety issues is a matter which Rangers will investigate fully and will seek immediate and effective remedies.;
  • An enquiry is being held at which Rangers will present the facts and present our views of the incdent.   That enquiry is being hosted by East Ayrshire Council's legal services department.   We will report the outcome as soon as it is available.  

 

 

Exactly and we also had enough information to know a crush took place, we should have been swift with our response - not send it out ten fucking days later. 

JCDBigBear and Bears r us like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My only comment is why was that not put on the Rangers website ? (I have looked but cannot find it)

Surely all Rangers fans should have access to what the Club have said, not just those who are  C1872 members. Our PR is ridiculous.  

Good point.  Maybe they will get round to issuing a Club Statement and maybe even a press statement. 

After all the BBC as a dominant media provider has every opportunity to put its views out on radio and television as often as it wants and on an unchecked basis so they will most probably respond to the Club 1872 note except they will aim it at Rangers itself and not Club 1872.      

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My only comment is why was that not put on the Rangers website ? (I have looked but cannot find it)

Surely all Rangers fans should have access to what the Club have said, not just those who are  C1872 members. Our PR is ridiculous.  

The PR at the club over the last 7 years has been farcical at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My only comment is why was that not put on the Rangers website ? (I have looked but cannot find it)

Surely all Rangers fans should have access to what the Club have said, not just those who are  C1872 members. Our PR is ridiculous.  

It seems as though it’s not an official statement.

Nothing reported on the radio about it, normally they would be reporting an official statement from Rangers.

They may get round to it at some point but I doubt we will see any apologies from English or Stewart, they’ll just hide behind Journalistic freedom 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It seems as though it’s not an official statement.

Nothing reported on the radio about it, normally they would be reporting an official statement from Rangers.

They may get round to it at some point but I doubt we will see any apologies from English or Stewart, they’ll just hide behind Journalistic freedom 

It seems the Club do not want to put it out themselves, is it so they do not offend anyone ? I just cannot understand why they use C1872 like this it makes no sense and just seems we are weak. We do need to get some proper PR put in place. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Rangers felt it appropriate and sensible to wait until after the post-match debriefing session before commenting despite many others, including a Kilmarnock director, Phyllis McLeish, pundits and a politician, William Coffey, making misinformed as well as misleading comments."


That really showed them...

ForeverAndEver likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It seems the Club do not want to put it out themselves, is it so they do not offend anyone ? I just cannot understand why they use C1872 like this it makes no sense and just seems we are weak. We do need to get some proper PR put in place. 

 

The club could quite easily have put out an official statement without trying to shame the detractors. It could have been put out in a way that shames them without naming them.

All they need to do is state that no fault lay with the fans but was purely down to incompetence at the turnstiles 

Bears r us likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

"Rangers felt it appropriate and sensible to wait until after the post-match debriefing session before commenting despite many others, including a Kilmarnock director, Phyllis McLeish, pundits and a politician, William Coffey, making misinformed as well as misleading comments."


That really showed them...

Not really, I don’t think they read C1872 statements, they might see something in the papers but it won’t name them publicly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 15 May 2021 11:30 Until 13:30
      0  
      Rangers v Aberdeen
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
      Live on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event

×
×
  • Create New...