Andy King On Loan

Scotjo

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some on here had Kent down as a shite player 2 games in then wee crying out for us to sign him at the end of the season.

I think King will be good for back up in case of injury or suspension. He plays well coming off the bench which is likely the role he has been signed up for. Has experience of coming up through the English divisions so shouldn't have a problem adjusting to Scottish football and is only 31 so fitness shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Maybe it's just his surname that irks some, now if he were called Ashley...  :p:

Good post mate and I agree it's hopefully going to be a long season with a lot of games and we will need guys like this to help out.   

58 minutes ago, krissg910 said:

Take arfield out n put halliday in for the 6th midfielder.  I player we really don't need imho.

I haven't seen much of him tbh so not saying hes no good. Just not a player we need. As for your 3 lbs. Flanagan is a rb being played out of position.  Barisic is hopeless and halliday isn't really a lb either.  

I can't ever see halliday playing in midfield for us again unless it's the likes of Sunday v East Fife or a massive injury crisis. Agree with you on Flanagan tho but he's the same as halliday and more a utility player across the back line which is why I don't think we urgently need a lb right now. If we do go for a lb I really hope its not Taylor from killie

14 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

The problem is we are going to find it hard to attract a decent striker to our club to be 3rd choice simple as that

thank you if you read my post that the muppet replied to that was the point i was making

3 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

He’s also Leicester’s top scoring midfielder of all time.

Well he has been at the club for around 12 years, a lot of his games would have been in lower divisions than the EPL. My point was he's certainly not a goal threat and had scored around 5 goals in his last 5 seasons.

Just my opinion, I dont think he is any better than we have at the club and I dont think he strengthens our bench.

Two players in every position is Gerrard’s plan.

GK McGregor, Fod

RB Tav, Flanagan

CB Goldson, Edmundson

CB Katic, Helander 

LB Halliday, Barasic

DM Davis, Kamara

CM Jack, Doherty 

CM Aribo, King 

AM Arfield, Jones

AM Ojo, Barker

CF Morelos, Defoe 

Reseves: Firth, Polster, Stewart, Hastie, Rudden

If you bring in a first choice LB and Kent in for Barker then that’s league winning stuff. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Two players in every position is Gerrard’s plan.

GK McGregor, Fod

RB Tav, Flanagan

CB Goldson, Edmundson

CB Katic, Helander 

LB Halliday, Barasic

DM Davis, Kamara

CM Jack, Doherty 

CM Aribo, King 

AM Arfield, Jones

AM Ojo, Barker

CF Morelos, Defoe 

Reseves: Firth, Polster, Stewart, Hastie 

If you bring in a first choice LB and Kent in for Barker then that’s league winning stuff. 

It's quite impressive when you look at it. The only other possible signing would be Kent.  And I can really see Barisic leaving for the right money and Polster as RB second choice.

41 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Well he has been at the club for around 12 years, a lot of his games would have been in lower divisions than the EPL. My point was he's certainly not a goal threat and had scored around 5 goals in his last 5 seasons.

Just my opinion, I dont think he is any better than we have at the club and I dont think he strengthens our bench.

He certainly strengthens our bench - and if we compete on all fronts we have a lot of games - he is experienced many of our central midfielders arnt - he can spell / replace Steve Davis especially when we need experience - great addition to the squad