Andy King On Loan

Scotjo

11 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's a complete fanny who was still scoring goals for hearts and that's why we signed him.

Did Coulibaly not lose a family member? He certainly wasn't the same after and unless Gerrard killed him, not his fault imo.

Disagree.

He looked more than good enough to play at our level and everyone thought the same at the time.

A youth to add experience?

A reputation of being highly rated by club and country. It hasn't worked out though, but probably due to mentality and not ability, which is near impossible to know before signing someone.

He’s a complete canny who scored less goals in the league than our attacking midfielder who was played left midfield for 3 or 4 months that was labelled shite and coward etc. Great.

Dunno.

Stopping here. No chance on this earth you actually believe he was good enough.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Lafferty 2nd time around panned out exactly how 95% of our support said it would.  

Gerrard should have did his homework, the blame is fully at his door. 

I would blame Gerrard for signing him when the system we play doesn't suit Lafferty, so it was a pointless signing in that respect, but based on his form for Hearts and his previous experience with us etc, i can understand why Gerrard signed him tbh.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s a complete canny who scored less goals in the league than our attacking midfielder who was played left midfield for 3 or 4 months that was labelled shite and coward etc. Great.

Dunno.

Stopping here. No chance on this earth you actually believe he was good enough.

Who are we saying i think was good enough here? 

7 hours ago, The Blues said:

Baffled by this. What we need is a big robust striker and a left back that can attack. Plenty of options in midfield. 

Strikers dont come more robust than Alfredo.

Plus we had a 6ft 4in striker last season and Morelos already has more headed goals this season for us, than Lafferty managed in a full season. 

In fact, unless I am forgetting one, was Defoes header on Sunday more than Laffs total for last season aswell?

Anyway, point is, if a striker is strong enough and clever enough (as ours are) then they will score headers from crosses alright. 

2 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Strikers dont come more robust than Alfredo.

Plus we had a 6ft 4in striker last season and Morelos already has more headed goals this season for us, than Lafferty managed in a full season. 

In fact, unless I am forgetting one, was Defoes header on Sunday more than Laffs total for last season aswell?

Anyway, point is, if a striker is strong enough and clever enough (as ours are) then they will score headers from crosses alright. 

Lafferty came on in games and committed more fouls than he won headers

34 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Lafferty 2nd time around panned out exactly how 95% of our support said it would.  

Gerrard should have did his homework, the blame is fully at his door. 

Yes and no. Lafferty needs to take responsibility for his own actions. 

Gerrard comes out with credit because he’s quick enough to decide ‘this cunts not cutting it’ and get rid, rather than trying / hoping it will work out. I like his ruthlessness. 

He’s only had a couple of costly failures out of 30 odd players. Not a bad ratio. 

Just now, fernando0606 said:

I have seen enough of him to have an opinion.

At least someone has seen the guy play week in week out to make a judgement on him unlike many in here who have probably seen him play 2 or 3 times at the most

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The opinion Ejaria was good seems to be based entirely on one goal in the Europa League 

I would not say he was good.

I equally would not say that the signing was bad.

He performed a role, in which he helped get us into the Europa League which netted us £ms.

He probably cost very little financially.

The loan was a success for us on this basis alone.

He fucked off shortly after, so cost us even less than could have been the case.

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The opinion Ejaria was good seems to be based entirely on one goal in the Europa League 

That one goal got us in the group stages and earned the club millions.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Good signing. Those expecting a CF of good quality to come in and sit in the house or the bench most games will be waiting a while. 

Yup. No point bringing in a striker to sit on the bench for the other 2 to get injured/suspended.

I think Stewart and Arfield could fill in as no.9's if we got injuries anyway.