***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Given that the single stand at Bayview holds less than 2000, does anyone know , just curious like, if they have put in temporary stands as they did for our league meetings there? If they have not done so then I imagine that our allocation would have been in the region of a few hundred.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Given that the single stand at Bayview holds less than 2000, does anyone know , just curious like, if they have put in temporary stands as they did for our league meetings there? If they have not done so then I imagine that our allocation would have been on the region of a few hundred.

No, we only got 900 tickets, about half the stand after segregation.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm suddenly  feeling a little reluctant to make wholesale changes. Maybe 4 or 5 tops would be wise.

Totally agree,  don’t think Gerrard would ever start a totally different 11. Five changes to start and perhaps two more if and when we’ve killed the game. 

Would like to see game time for the other two CHs, Barker, King and Stewart. 

8 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Totally agree,  don’t think Gerrard would ever start a totally different 11. Five changes to start and perhaps two more if and when we’ve killed the game. 

Would like to see game time for the other two CHs, Barker, King and Stewart. 

Would imagine your right regarding SG, even if he wanted to make a complete team selection change, he knows how important momentum is, as well as obviously progressing in the competition. Plus he’s massively professional in everything he does. I still maintain the teams people were posting in the thread would no question be good enough to see the job done 

We must have made quite an impression with the wins over Midtjylland as this game appears to be getting shown live on national TV in both Denmark and Sweden.

Not sure they're quite prepared for the talents of East Fife but it works for me.

I reckon Gerrard will go for wholesale changes. I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 or 3 regular starters in the 11, with 4 or 5 on the bench. When you look at the backup, they should be more than capable and they need the games.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I miss RFC Robertsons official match day threads...…… the op hasn't even given the ko time ffs.

Anyways.... SG will rest a number of key players but I still expect a comfortable win.

4-0 Rangers.

3 pm

As the Gaffer often says, respect the opposition. Happy with whatever changes he deems right as long as they don’t strut around like Berty Big  Bxxxxxxs. Today’s games have demonstrated that the minnows are up for this. Put them to the sword and move on to the next round.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A thousand a think my man.

Was trying to remember earlier what we used to get in the league there, fucked if I could except that I never struggled to get a ticket ha ha. Our bus got 1 for it, think it’s up to around 10 now so ballot on the bus in the morning. Just a bastard as both me and the wife need one for it and the chance of 2 out of 10 ain’t good. She’s usually amazing at sourcing tickets to be fair and normally comes up with at least one but this time we’ve got fuck all so ballot it is. 

Wes

Polster

Edmundson

Helander

Barasic

Docherty

Kamara

King

Hastie

Stewart

Defoe

Plenty of players there that have already played with the rest if they have anything about them showing real hunger to get into the first team. Bench a mixture of first team and youth inclusion depending on how the game goes but to be honest I would be expecting the youth to come on later in the game.

Without taking things for granted that team should walk the tie. You want to be knocking on the manager's door asking for a start then prove yourself and push the starting line-up. 

3-0 to the mighty :tu:

14 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Foderingham; Polster, Helander, Edmundson, Barisic; Docherty, Aribo,  Halliday; Hastie, Defoe, Stewart

If all fit and available

I would agree with that but would play king or kamara for aribo so he’s ready for Thursday

Fod 
Polster Edmundson Helander Barisic 

Docherty King Kamara

Hastie Stewart Barker 

McPake Mbude or Atakayi to come off the bench for some game time. Maybe Murphy for fitness but more likely hes being shopped around. 

Is what Id hope for anyways but im pretty sure the Manager will go for a lot of starters with just 2 or 3 positions rotated to make sure we progress with no slip ups. 

3 hours ago, TheMotor said:

We must have made quite an impression with the wins over Midtjylland as this game appears to be getting shown live on national TV in both Denmark and Sweden.

Not sure they're quite prepared for the talents of East Fife but it works for me.

I reckon Gerrard will go for wholesale changes. I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 or 3 regular starters in the 11, with 4 or 5 on the bench. When you look at the backup, they should be more than capable and they need the games.

That's nuts imagine BBC Scotland or stv doing similar 😋

3 hours ago, TheMotor said:

I gained a lot of respect for the Danes after those two ties. 

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I gained a lot of respect for the Danes after those two ties. 

100% as a club I’ve upmost respect for them, few of their players acted the cunt, but from a club perspective, nice touches like all catering staff in our end wearing Rangers shirts and official tweets about our support being special and safe trip home etc, can’t say a bad word 

edit: also like to add, the few they had over at Ibrox looked like they fucking enjoyed themselves, they were going mental dancing about and generally having a great time even though getting pumped. How an away euro trip should be regardless of result. My all time favourite is Valencia away, lost 3 nil kept back an hour and the police/security couldn’t believe we sang and bounced the whole way through. Build my gallows non stop for about half hour is a memory I’ll cherish till death. I’m lead to believe it’s on you tube but never seen it 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

100% as a club I’ve upmost respect for them, few of their players acted the cunt, but from a club perspective, nice touches like all catering staff in our end wearing Rangers shirts and official tweets about our support being special and safe trip home etc, can’t say a bad word 

watching us on the telly at East Fife, now that takes it to another level lol

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

watching us on the telly at East Fife, now that takes it to another level lol

Ha ha very true, hopefully I’ll be there the morra if I get a ticket in the bus ballot, was there going through the leagues, proud to say that the wife and I got to every ground at least once, most twice, and strangely the likes of Alloa on multiple occasions lol. Mental that it was fairly easy to get a ticket (Dumbarton one exception, as they made a cunt of design of ground, although we did get in doing hospitality ha ha) than it is no back in the top flight, last year was 100% the hardest I’ve known I’m my lifetime 

On 16/08/2019 at 01:39, donegal_ger said:

Can't see anyone who started this evening featuring on Sunday except possibly Kamara who has had less game time than most of the first 11.

My team would be

Wes, Polster, Barasic, Edmundson, Helander, Kamara, Docherty, Aribo, Defoe, Stewart and Jones with Halliday, Hastie, Barker, King, McPake, Mebude etc on the bench.

After watching the training session for the game none of the starters from Thursday were involved so I would be fairly confident none will be involved in the 18 tomorrow so I'll revise my team for tomorrow with Halliday in for Kamara.

Archived