***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Ha ha very true, hopefully I’ll be there the morra if I get a ticket in the bus ballot, was there going through the leagues, proud to say that the wife and I got to every ground at least once, most twice, and strangely the likes of Alloa on multiple occasions lol. Mental that it was fairly easy to get a ticket (Dumbarton one exception, as they made a cunt of design of ground, although we did get in doing hospitality ha ha) than it is no back in the top flight, last year was 100% the hardest I’ve known I’m my lifetime 

Sadly mate there's 3 league clubs grounds you never done albeit two werent in the league when we were there. 

Cove, Edinburgh and albion rovers

As long as it's not as bad as the game at Bayview 86/87 season when we  beat them 5-4 in  a penalty shootout after 0-0 draw a.e.t.

Woods, Burns, Dawson, D Ferguson, McPherson, Butcher, Fraser, West, McCoist, Durrant, Cooper

Substitute Used, Munro

Parking was a nightmare that night too, no buses allowed to park within 2 mile  of the ground

8838943592_86bff42440_m.jpg.e2f447c98b9ea3c1daa5f3000f05f172.jpg

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye.

Didn’t get one and not happy about it 😂 

Nothing worse. I could count on one hand the number of away games I missed over a period of about 15 years, although one of those was for a wedding, and I was left raging every time. It almost felt like a betrayal on my part not being there to support them, and to rub salt, these were the days before wall to wall TV and internet stream coverage.  At least if you so desire you could watch the game in the pub today with some fellow Bears, not too bad a way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fod

Polster Edmundson Helander Barisic

Docherty Halliday King

Stewart Defoe Barker 

Rotate every cunt no need to take risks with Legia away on Thursday night the above team is more than good enough to take care of this lot 

Assuming they are all fully fit, I’d agree with you.

Their manager Young was brutal against us IIRC when he was at Aberdeen and I fully expect some agricultural tackles so all the more reason to spare our main men.

To be honest, I’d consider sparing Defoe as well and give another kid/fringe player a game.

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fod

Polster Edmundson Helander Barisic

Docherty Halliday King

Stewart Defoe Barker 

Rotate every cunt no need to take risks with Legia away on Thursday night the above team is more than good enough to take care of this lot 

I don't disagree with you but are they a team. Will they have the understanding and cohesiveness of a team. I still remember dick advocaat's 1st competitive game in charge against shelbourne 3-0 down at 1/2 time! Yes, we won but the shudders are still there.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Sadly mate there's 3 league clubs grounds you never done albeit two werent in the league when we were there. 

Cove, Edinburgh and albion rovers

Aye ill give you Albion rovers but the other two can’t count 😂😂😂

have a feeling it'll be 4 or 5 goals to us no matter what players we start. think we could probably put more past them but it's at their place and they might defend like fuck. 

would totally change the team to rest as many players as possible but think we'll only make a few changes. 

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I don't disagree with you but are they a team. Will they have the understanding and cohesiveness of a team. I still remember dick advocaat's 1st competitive game in charge against coleraine.  3-0 down at 1/2 time! Yes, we won but the shudders are still there.

Do you not mean shelbourne mate down at Tranmere ?

Btw I'm going to be honest, I'm buzzing to see Barker play for us today. I like his directness and think he will do well for us. Hopefully king and hellander start as well.

Good options and strength in depth now 

3 hours ago, Don54 said:

As long as it's not as bad as the game at Bayview 86/87 season when we  beat them 5-4 in  a penalty shootout after 0-0 draw a.e.t.

Woods, Burns, Dawson, D Ferguson, McPherson, Butcher, Fraser, West, McCoist, Durrant, Cooper

Substitute Used, Munro

Parking was a nightmare that night too, no buses allowed to park within 2 mile  of the ground

8838943592_86bff42440_m.jpg.e2f447c98b9ea3c1daa5f3000f05f172.jpg

Can you imagine the match day thread if we'd had the Internet back then?😂

"Get Durrant tae fuck! When will Souness learn? We'll win fuck all with kids. Where were Cammy Fraser or Dougie Bell the day? We need a manager with experience, not some ponce with a moustache who has been messing about in Italy.." 

Archived