Helander

Blues Brother

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Helander 3m

morelos 15/20 m 

both on the bench

wtf is the point of paying 3 m for a centre half if he's a back up?

I could see the point if the two who are first choice are flawless and Helander (and Edmundson) has to bide his time but Goldson has one bad mistake in him in pretty much every game.  Whether he's getting turned inside out, caught out of position, doing some strange diving malarky where he manages to make himself smaller or passing a ball straight to an opponent.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Ok, I'm going to come out and say it........ I think Goldson had been pretty damn good so far this year. And until his fuck up today he was bossing it. After that he looked slightly nervous.

At the end of the day he can be rock solid for 89 mins but if he passes straight to one of them and gifts them an opportunity he deserves stick.

Same for the other howlers he's had since he joined us. Fortunately he gets away with most of them.

I don't see Gerrard dropping Goldson any time soon  as he is one of his boys Gerrard will drop Katic first, £3.5m is big money for us now-a-days I hope Gerrard hasn't squandered that on someone who is a bench warmer if so he deserve all the abuse that comes his way. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

At the end of the day he can be rock solid for 89 mins but if he passes straight to one of them and gifts them an opportunity he deserves stick.

Same for the other howlers he's had since he joined us. Fortunately he gets away with most of them.

Haven't read one mention of Katic's fuck up at the end where Goldson saved him. Look, I think we have four really good CH's. He fucked up today just like Tav did last year. It just seems to happen against them. I'm not for one minute suggesting he is beyond criticism.

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Helander 3m

morelos 15/20 m 

both on the bench

Slightly off at a tangent, but relating to valuation of players.

I said to my lad after I first saw Alfredo that, if he plays 10 times against sellik, he will never score against them.

I then relented a bit and said he ‘might get one’.

I think we’re up towards the 10 mark (9 now & I know some are sub appearances) but he’s still not notched v them.

Gutted if I’m to be proved right, but we’re in a difficult place re valuing him here.

Like it or not, the acid test of a striker in our league is how they do against the other lot.

So far, it’s a fail.

We now seem at a point that, unless he was injured, a palpably unsuitable replacement was selected ahead of him for our biggest game of the season to date.

So he can’t be trusted (despite a welcome upturn in behaviour this term).

Who’d pay much for that?

(Watch him go for £18m tomorrow.....)

Back on topic, maybe Helander could get a game now that Goldson has blown up so spectacularly?

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ok, I'm going to come out and say it........ I think Goldson had been pretty damn good so far this year. And until his fuck up today he was bossing it. After that he looked slightly nervous.

He almost fucked it against Legia we were lucky the boy stayed on his feet, Today he let balls bounce when he shouldnt and made that stupid pass.

Goldson a  cood organiser and shouts a lot but at times he just looks too casual.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Distance plainly makes the heart grow fonder!

This is about the 4th player you’ve had kind words for who looked absolutely shocking from 50 yards away!

5 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Helander 3m

morelos 15/20 m 

both on the bench

Because katic sudenly became the best centre back in Scotland 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Distance plainly makes the heart grow fonder!

This is about the 4th player you’ve had kind words for who looked absolutely shocking from 50 yards away!

So they were heroes to a man 60 hrs ago and now they are rubbish to some? Sorry if I'm not overreacting. And sure, play Helander, I have no problem with that. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

So they were heroes to a man 60 hrs ago and now they are rubbish to some? Sorry if I'm not overreacting. And sure, play Helander, I have no problem with that. 

😂 no need to apologise mate!

It’s all about opinions!

I have to say, for me, they were only heroes on Thursday because of the result.

Somehow or other (again, to me) the team isn’t quite the sum of the parts it was last term.