Helander

Blues Brother

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You're just making stuff up now tbh. 

That bit was from a mate when I revealed the previous info to him , I thought he looked decent enough nowhere near fit against Blackburn so hopefully just a settling in phase , being on the bench last night is a good sign 👍🏻👌🏻

5 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

Oh a do know he has played for us, but literally not kicked a ball, name your decent club source then and stop fucking about 👍🏻

So he had played for us but not "literally" kicked a ball? Help me out with that one.

Aye mate that's what I'll do, naming an employee who was critical about another employee 👍

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I'm not saying i don't believe you, i'm saying i don't believe the guy who told you. 

Based on what you've been told about his passing, control and positional sense being questionable, when we've literally seen him doing all this - i don't know why anyone would believe that tbf. 

He wouldn't have played at the level he has and we certainly wouldn't have paid millions for him if his passing, control and positional sense were an issue.

We'll see this weekend, if he plays. If he doesn't play then I'll maybe believe it then tbh.

The only thing I say when somebody says that is look at Senderos 

Watched the guy at Arsenal for years then at us, genuinely cant believe he played at such a high level and got for so long and got transfers when he lacked every one of those

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair enough mate. The only thing I'd say is compare his scenario to Barisic in Scottish football. Previous experience means fuck all. And the lad really hasn't been tested, fuck he hasn't played co.petoticely to assess yet.

I think he'll play. Hoping for and expecting a dominant performance from him.

Passing, control and positional sense are the very basics of the game, so not really comparable to Barisic and not something you forget how to do based on location or previous experience tbf.

Agree mate, hopefully he plays and starts to live up to the price tag.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

The only thing I say when somebody says that is look at Senderos 

Watched the guy at Arsenal for years then at us, genuinely cant believe he played at such a high level and got for so long and got transfers when he lacked every one of those

He was brutal tbf. Up there with the worst i've ever seen play for us.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So he had played for us but not "literally" kicked a ball? Help me out with that one.

Aye mate that's what I'll do, naming an employee who was critical about another employee 👍

Hes played a friendly, no any competitve games, you know what a mean, because a called you out for talking pish, you and your unknown employee 🙈

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He was brutal tbf. Up there with the worst i've ever seen play for us.

Supported arsenal for years & had to watch him, honestly cant believe he managed to play for them, AC Milan, Valencia, Everton etc.

Never seen a player lack so many basic things and play for such big clubs

For what it's worth I don't think anyone is writing off Helander yet but would be a bit alarmed if he doesn't get a game on Sunday, perfect chance for fitness/match time.

I think Gerrard has learned from his mistakes last year and has publicly stated that the two guys playing in his position are doing well so he’s not going to change it. Not sure if there was or not some agreement about Worral playing last season but the chopping and changing affected us last season. It’s not like them playing a midfielder in place of a recognised defender. Goldson and Katic have been excellent so need for change. The guy is obviously a good player but for now will need to bide his time.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Also heard he is nowhere near ready fitness and strength wise for the level of football required. 

His thin legs had me worried from the get go (nae muscle mass), and i’m getting weird Bertie Konterman vibes from him! Older bears will remember how Bertie was looked at by Real, I think it was, before plumping for us. The rest is.... Well, he scored a cracker against Sellick. 😂

Still, hope Helander tears it up! His shot in the friendly is certainly encouraging if he isn’t going to make it as a defender!

I’m sure he’ll be fine 😄

Helander came on against Blackburn then started against Derby.  I thought that he and Katic totally dominated the defence in that Derby game.  The entire team was sloppy against Blackburn in the 2nd half.    Helander looked good in the air and on the deck.  No idea what people are talking about in criticising him by proxy.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

How would 3.5 million have gotten us Taylor and Kent when Liverpool value Kent over 10 million? :lol:

I highly doubt Liverpool want over £10m for Kent.  

Anyway, Liverpool loaned Ejaria to Reading with a view to them buying permanently at the end of it.  Maybe if Rangers had a few million we could’ve gotten a similar type of deal.  By the sounds of it we have no transfer budget left.  

08985ADB-35FB-4C4C-9E7D-A1CF029AEFF2.thumb.jpeg.4c3c99c14d9fbc6a28b343f5a29c1988.jpeg

Helander May or may not be a dud. Time will tell. 

However there’s a few observations on the discussion.

Firstly Karl Svensson shows that playing for your national team doesn’t guarantee anything. Numerous players have come to Rangers and despite previous successes haven’t made it here, so I am not really sure why people would dismiss these rumours out of hand based on his history. Dismiss the rumours based on the fact he needs time for sure but not because he has played in Italy and for Sweden 

secondly we can debate his abilities for weeks, until he has a chance to demonstrate them, but no one will convince me it was a necessary signing. He could turn out to be our best CH but Goldson Katic and Edmondson were already in place and are all very good players and with a youth prospect, or bosman, as added back up we were absolutely fine at CH. we need a LB and that’s where we should have focussed 

8 hours ago, TMB said:

Sounds like we’ve spent £3.5m on an area that didn’t need that sort of investment.  Goldson and Katic have a good partnership and Edmundson looked great when he was given a chance.  A cheap 4th choice CB for cover would’ve sufficed.

That £3.5m could’ve got us Greg Taylor and maybe allowed us to get Kent here permanently (some money now with more to be paid next year).

Taylor is dug shite and Ojo will  score and create more assists than Kent did last year .

4 hours ago, TMB said:

I highly doubt Liverpool want over £10m for Kent.  

Anyway, Liverpool loaned Ejaria to Reading with a view to them buying permanently at the end of it.  Maybe if Rangers had a few million we could’ve gotten a similar type of deal.  By the sounds of it we have no transfer budget left.  

08985ADB-35FB-4C4C-9E7D-A1CF029AEFF2.thumb.jpeg.4c3c99c14d9fbc6a28b343f5a29c1988.jpeg

There really is something wrong with you . You know Liverpool are looking for £12m for Kent hence why Leeds pulled out .

As for your budget pish literally just 24 hours ago GM has said if right player is available then they might add to squad .

57 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Helander May or may not be a dud. Time will tell. 

However there’s a few observations on the discussion.

Firstly Karl Svensson shows that playing for your national team doesn’t guarantee anything. Numerous players have come to Rangers and despite previous successes haven’t made it here, so I am not really sure why people would dismiss these rumours out of hand based on his history. Dismiss the rumours based on the fact he needs time for sure but not because he has played in Italy and for Sweden 

secondly we can debate his abilities for weeks, until he has a chance to demonstrate them, but no one will convince me it was a necessary signing. He could turn out to be our best CH but Goldson Katic and Edmondson were already in place and are all very good players and with a youth prospect, or bosman, as added back up we were absolutely fine at CH. we need a LB and that’s where we should have focussed 

I will base my judgement on the fact Gerrard had him on the bench for Thursday nights game meaning he has the managers trust over Edmundson or that he had trained better to earn a spot on the bench .

Not rumours from some itk crowd looking for attention.

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Helander came on against Blackburn then started against Derby.  I thought that he and Katic totally dominated the defence in that Derby game.  The entire team was sloppy against Blackburn in the 2nd half.    Helander looked good in the air and on the deck.  No idea what people are talking about in criticising him by proxy.

No one is criticising by proxy. Neither myself nor Cedrick is criticising in any way via someone else, neither of us have agreed with it in any way. I've actually said I've seen no evidence of it from what I've seen. Theres not one dissenting voice I've seen on here. All that's happened is Cedrick has spoken to someone who has cast judgement on how good the lad is, I'm assuming as a result of the closed doors game v chelsea, and im saying someone within the club has mentioned concern about specific aspects of his play in training. 

Folk can accept that info or not, theres no criticism of the lad by either of us 🙄👍