Helander

Blues Brother

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I believe the split on opinions is the huge love for Katic rather than how this guy actually played. We are blessed with four good CH's

Too early to say on 2 of them imo, but signs are promising. 

Meant to add earlier that I think Helander needs to bulk up a fair bit. He's got the height, but if he could get the physique of Katic or Ajer at the scum  I reckon itll help him more against some of the CFs he'll face in Scotland who are all brawn.

Worth reminding he's a 26 year old international. He's no kid, and his level of experience should stand out.

Yes he'll need time to settle into a new environment, but he shouldn't be a long term back up option, he should be a first choice pick. Imo he's not looking close to displacing a guy with no international experience nor one who is an under 23 international. 

Early days, but he has a long long way to go.

42 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I think with a bit more game time he'll be a good player. I wasn't disappointed with him today but there's definitely room for improvement.

This...…. I think he will improve with game time and he's better than Worral - for instance - but he is behind Katic for me in the pecking order at the moment imo.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Got booked for being in the vicinity of a st Mirren player tripping another st Mirren player 

Class refereeing 

Probably got booked for 2 fouls in a row even though the first one was a foul on him with the big striker having more than a handful of his shirt.

In a weird way his booking probably saved Barisic from a second yellow as his was definitely a foul on the second man making the run and as he was breaking, probably a yellow. TBH at the time I thought that was what the ref blew his whistle for and Barisic was off. Maybe the ref has that in mind when he blew as the two incidents were so close to each other. Maybe that's why he actually booked Helander if you know what I mean.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Probably got booked for 2 fouls in a row even though the first one was a foul on him with the big striker having more than a handful of his shirt.

In a weird way his booking probably saved Barisic from a second yellow as his was definitely a foul on the second man making the run and as he was breaking, probably a yellow. TBH at the time I thought that was what the ref blew his whistle for and Barisic was off. Maybe the ref has that in mind when he blew as the two incidents were so close to each other. Maybe that's why he actually booked Helander if you know what I mean.

Maybe I need to watch it back but I thought the st Mirren player fell and his arm clipped his own teammates leg who then went down, not from Helander's contact 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

If you're suggesting there was a chance a Rangers player could have been ordered off today for something then tbh I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about.  Are you saying Barasic could have got a 2nd booking at the incident Helander got booked?

Just now, psb07158 said:

Maybe I need to watch it back but I thought the st Mirren player fell and his arm clipped his own teammates leg who then went down, not from Helander's contact 

No I think you're right. Helander was hard done by. Not sure about his second (the one he was booked for) but for the first one it was him who was being fouled.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you're suggesting there was a chance a Rangers player could have been ordered off today for something then tbh I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about.  Are you saying Barasic could have got a 2nd booking at the incident Helander got booked?

Yes exactly.

Not saying Barisic should have been booked but I shat it when the ref blew thew the whistle at that point and was going for his cards.

I'm aware I've slightly contradicted myself in the space of a few posts. Drinking all day and don't care so no' even editing. Though Barisic was getting booked again. He didn't. Helander got booked instead undeservedly. Nae cunt got sent off and there were 6 minutes stoppage time for some unknown reason.

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm aware I've slightly contradicted myself in the space of a few posts. Drinking all day and don't care so no' even editing. Though Barisic was getting booked again. He didn't. Helander got booked instead undeservedly. Nae cunt got sent off and there were 6 minutes stoppage time for some unknown reason.

King Kirk lite 😂

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Worth reminding he's a 26 year old international. He's no kid, and his level of experience should stand out.

Yes he'll need time to settle into a new environment, but he shouldn't be a long term back up option, he should be a first choice pick. Imo he's not looking close to displacing a guy with no international experience nor one who is an under 23 international. 

Early days, but he has a long long way to go.

Got to give Goldson and Katic credit for that, both have been immense this season.