Who's the back up for Tav?

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

Can't imagine us being successful without him?!

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand he has hardly kicked his arse since returning this summer?

You do understand that he can't get back?

You do understand his positioning is frightening?

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

His forays forward, have been much less effective than previous.

As a captain, I'll leave it at that.

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

You should have quit after your first post BA because this one is embarrassing. 

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

Bloody idiot your positioning is bloody frightening.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Before Gerrard brought in Polster last season I always thought McCrorie would be a great back up to Tav, I realize that most see him as a CDM or a future CH but the couple of times he slotted in at RB I thought he looked really comfortable and with the engine in him he got forward quickly as well.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

For sure I do, but I'm certainly not alone. Not by a long shot.

Better one challenged the points with a counter argument.

For my case, let's start with the trully great full backs. Shearer, Caldow.........all the way up to when we were bumped 7 years ago. A few trully great captains among them also. 

Think I'll rest my case.

Whit a prize fud

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, no one said he he wasn't good enough, but pivotal? No success without him?!

Pivotal would be McGregor or Alfie for obvious reasons, but Tav?

:rofl:

I love this place !

He's directly involved in a goal every other game for us, these are facts. 

Get it up ye. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

I clearly said I can't imagine us being AS successful without him, not that I can't see us being successful without him😂

Haha are you high, some of the comments there are the ramblings of a mentalist. Some of the things you've said don't need a response, you cant teach stupid I'm afraid. 

Do you not recall how many goals and assists Tavernier provided last season? The numbers he posted were massive, take them out of our side and we are incredibly weaker. Replacing him with Polster or Flanagan "will make little difference to our results" - wow 😂😂😂

35 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Mental how Blue Avenger’s whipping boy always seems to be one of our better players.  Last season it was Morelos, this season it’s Tav. 

Emm, Alfie IS now a much better player. You obviously choose to ignore my many posts praising him last season. Try the season before Gerrard came.

As for Tav, I ask better than who in our team? He's got Polster as back up and the three on the other side to compare, all of whom deemed not enough by most of the posts in here on the other thread.

So what is/who is the comparison in him being a better all round  footballer than? Alfie? Forget it! Aribo? No chance. Davis, Arfield, Defoe? Don't think so.

Pretty mental indeed. Almost as mental as pivotal.

Such is life on a football football.

How dare one have a different opinion. 

8 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

I clearly said I can't imagine us being AS successful without him, not that I can't see us being successful without him😂

Haha are you high, some of the comments there are the ramblings of a mentalist. Some of the things you've said don't need a response, you cant teach stupid I'm afraid. 

Do you not recall how many goals and assists Tavernier provided last season? The numbers he posted were massive, take them out of our side and we are incredibly weaker. Replacing him with Polster or Flanagan "will make little difference to our results" - wow 😂😂😂

Have no interest in last season. We didn't take the title when we could have. We lost.

This season, a new proposition. Reputations mean nothing. The here and now is where it's at, so to date Tav has dipped. He can rise again. That's for him to do.

No need for the personal abuse btw.

3 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Matt Polster and Jon Flanagan the likely ones to fill in if Tavernier gets injured or is rested. Incredible record of games played last season by our captain. Let's hope he stays fit for the full season again as I can't imagine us being as successful without him. He is pivotal to everything we hope to achieve this season.

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Jesus wept.

Is your tongue aff the fler yet?

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

He's a footballer Ffs, not a god.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Yes he is a footballer, that doesn't make his post incorrect.  Tav will be pivotal in our challenge of winning the league.

Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Enough said Gogzy