*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

If Atromotis from Greece and Sheriff from Moldova can get a draw there as well as the likes of Spartak Trnava of Slovakia and Dudelange of Luxembourg both winning there I think our players will be able to deal with with the atmosphere!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's not the amount of fans though,kanjo, it's the noise and the pyro/fireworks that is the problem. I have been in stadiums where the atmosphere is electric, but none come close to the Stadion Miejski at Łazienkowska 3. Yes, we have seasoned players that will handle it, but we have a lot of younger lads who haven't.  I think we will leave Warsaw with a decent result as long as we disregard the racket and play to our strengths.

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

It wont have an effect on the pitch though in my opinion. Commendable as their supporters are for making the place appear intimidating. 

3 minutes ago, kanjo said:

It wont have an effect on the pitch though in my opinion. Commendable as their supporters are for making the place appear intimidating. 

You're right mate because as you pointed out our players have played at Pittodrie and Tynecastle

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

It has an effect when the players can't see the fucking ball or the half-way line yet the referee lets play continue and the 'keeper is shitting bricks in case a goal is scored. I've been there when the Referee has taken the players off 4-5 times in the match and you end up with 19 minutes of time added on.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

I think the vast majority of Rangers fans back then were 100% sure we would wipe the floor with these "nobodys" from Poland, but the problem was that Polish teams were basically an unknown quantity being in the Communist bloc. The fact was the entire team of Górnik Zabrze were all Polish internationalists; at least 8 of them were very seasoned ones at that; none more than the mercurial  Włodzimierz Lubański who is the second all-time highest goal scorer for the Polish national team. Our team was no slouches either, with a team of Gerhard Neef,  Kaj Johansen,  John Greig.  Brian Herron,  Ronnie McKinnon, Andy Penman.    Willie Henderson,  Orjan Persson, Jim Baxter,  Willie Johnston, Colin Stein., yet we couldn't live with them either at Ibrox, or Zabrze.

I was only a child but was at the Ibrox game. I can still remember my father looking she'll shocked at the end of the game. I was probably too young for it to have had the same effect on me. 

7 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I was only a child but was at the Ibrox game. I can still remember my father looking she'll shocked at the end of the game. I was probably too young for it to have had the same effect on me. 

At the time, our manager was Davie White and after losing to Górnik Zabrze at Ibrox on November 12 and then being humiliated with another 3-1 defeat in Zabrze two weeks later, White was sacked the following day. Incidentally, he was the first Rangers manager never to win a major honour. I can assure you your Father wasn't the only Rangers fan that was shell shocked after the Ibrox result.

31 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It has an effect when the players can't see the fucking ball or the half-way line yet the referee lets play continue and the 'keeper is shitting bricks in case a goal is scored. I've been there when the Referee has taken the players off 4-5 times in the match and you end up with 19 minutes of time added on.

Let’s see tomorrow what happens then.

11 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Let’s see tomorrow what happens then.

I agree, mate. I actually think that if the lads in the Zyleta stand  (the ultras)  put on their usual performance with the pyro, UEFA will ban Legia from European competition again because they have been fined so many times for their shenanigans, and if the Referee has to abandon the game for periods because of the smoke, we will be awaeded a 3-0 result.

Just now, Ozblue said:

I agree, mate. I actually think that if the lads in the Zyleta stand  (the ultras)  put on their usual performance with the pyro, UEFA will ban Legia from European competition again because they have been fined so many times for their shenanigans, and if the Referee has to abandon the game for periods because of the smoke, we will be awaeded a 3-0 result.

Hope that happens as I have a fiver on us to win 3-0!

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

OzBlue defo got battered in Warsaw.

It actually took me years to figure out the cause of that food poisoning. I finally remembered I bought some ham/egg sandwiches at an airport shop just before I flew to Amsterdam. I thought I was fucking dying. 🤢🤮

21 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Score at time of abandonment usually stands, depending on the time I suppose. No chance you'd get paid for 3-0 if it was awarded....  lol

Bastard, hopefully a void bet in that instance.

Archived