*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard and read this seems to be being considered by Gerrard to be a very difficult game.    Fair enough if that's his assessment.  Equally fair enough if he is confident the team can score away from home with a good enough result to go on to win the tie at the return leg at Ibrox.    

Scoring goals away from home is great and lets hope we get a few.     Equally important is to avoid sloppy defensive play either in open play or in conceding free kicks in dangerous areas. I'm hoping the defence and midfield players have a well disciplined game where no unnecessary risks are taken and that they keep their concentration at high levels for the entire duration of the game.    Not losing any goals tonight is just as important if not more so than grabbing an away goal or two.

It'll be interesting to see who Gerrard picks and how the team is set up for this game.      

8 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Got a feeling that they are going to target wee Alfie and boot him up and down the park so that he reacts.

Would start Defoe and bring Alfie on later.

Wouldn't do this

We aren't playing in Scotland so there's only so much kicking at him that the referee will allow. Morelos seems to be able to mostly control his temper in European games and use it for the better aswell.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn't do this

We aren't playing in Scotland so there's only so much kicking at him that the referee will allow. Morelos seems to be able to mostly control his temper in European games and use it for the better aswell.

This. Alfie will be ready to bite the heed off a fucking crocodile with all the atmosphere and pyro that will be going on, need him on the pitch. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn't do this

If you listen to the press conference the stupid Polish journalist is on about Alfredo's temperament and the fact that he has a number of red cards, this suggests to me that they have a plan to target him.

Hope I am wrong.

Just now, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

If you listen to the press conference the stupid Polish journalist is on about Alfredo's temperament and the fact that he has a number of red cards, this suggests to me that they have a plan to target him.

Hope I am wrong.

The polish press aren't the referee

7 of the team probably pick themselves, McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Aribo, Jack and Morelos.

Then it's 2 from 3 out of Jones, Arfield and Ojo.

Davis or Kamara.

Flanagan, Barasic or Halliday.

In terms of attacking players I think Jones is arguably the weakest of the 3 mentioned above overall (which isn't really a criticism) but I think his style is perfect for these games. I would start with him.

Overall though our squad is at a level where I'm not too fussed who starts as most of the squad are more than capable. Pretty confident.

26 minutes ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

Hope I am wrong.

Just another dumb journalist that's all

Archived