*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

30 minutes ago, BoyBlue62 said:

I expect Jones to play instead of Ojo.

Then clearly you haven't watched any games this season . Whoever plays at the weekend will NOT be playing Thursday.

Front line will be : Ojo , Morelos , Arfield

Midfield : Jack, Davis ,Aribo

Defence : flanno, Katic, Goldson, Tav

Greegs in goal.

Il eat my hat if that isn't the starting 11 

Outwith injuries of course.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The Danes are not 'far better' than Legia, not a chance. I think Legia is a small step up, Midtylland are getting massively overrated on here.

The Danes were good when this mob were last good about  3 years ago both have lost lots of players and replaced them with mostly domestic players I would argue that they are about a similar level tbh.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The Danes are not 'far better' than Legia, not a chance. I think Legia is a small step up, Midtylland are getting massively overrated on here.

I watched Legia against the Greeks and wasn't impressed.  

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To each their own for opinion.  Legia from 5 years ago are nowhere near the same as the current one and their recent results suggest that. 

2 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Then clearly you haven't watched any games this season . Whoever plays at the weekend will NOT be playing Thursday.

Greegs in goal.

Yup, that's the team I think.

2 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Greegs in goal.

Really wouldn't be surprised to see Aribo on the bench and Kamara starting, more defensive. 

Think if Aribo gets booked aswell he'll miss the home game where he could be more of a influence 

20 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Really wouldn't be surprised to see Aribo on the bench and Kamara starting, more defensive. 

Think if Aribo gets booked aswell he'll miss the home game where he could be more of a influence 

Which presumably is why Aribo played in Methil 

Cautiously optimistic going into this tie, that mob really aren’t anything special but the away goal is crucial.

Fancy the team to be:

McGregor

Tavernier  Goldson  Katic  Flanagan 

Jack     Davis    Aribo  

Arfield   Morelos  Ojo

Alfie to nick a goal, I’ll take 1-1

4 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Greegs in goal.

You do realise Aribo played at the weekend?......

incidentally I completely agree that this will be the team 

We shouldn’t fear Legia at all, those suggesting they’re a big step up from Midtjylland are thinking of the Legia of a few year ago 

Look at their league, they’ve lost 2-1 to Pogon Szczecin and drew 0-0 with Slask Wroclaw who are joint top of the league. If we were to draw either of those teams in Europe and go out it would be a catastrophe yet they’re both currently better or equal to Legia. Our European track record is also very decent since Gerrard took over. 

We should be confident of winning over there and finishing it off in style at Ibrox as we did with the Danes 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

We shouldn’t fear Legia at all, those suggesting they’re a big step up from Midtjylland are thinking of the Legia of a few year ago 

Look at their league, they’ve lost 2-1 to Pogon Szczecin and drew 0-0 with Slask Wroclaw who are joint top of the league. If we were to draw either of those teams in Europe and go out it would be a catastrophe yet they’re both currently better or equal to Legia. Our European track record is also very decent since Gerrard took over. 

We should be confident of winning over there and finishing it off in style at Ibrox as we did with the Danes 

Agreed - nothing wrong with airing on the side of caution and not getting complacent but fundamentally, we should be beating this mob.

2 performances akin to the Midtjylland games and that’s more than enough imo.

5 hours ago, Orangeclement said:

Greegs in goal.

Would be surprised if it isn’t that line up.

8 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Going for 1-1 on Thursday.

We'll score first on the counter then concede late on setting up a nervy last few minutes.

Predicting 2-1 at Ibrox though and it's all good in the hood after that.

I hope the bookies get this one right, were favs in poland. 

Archived