*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

On 18/08/2019 at 19:09, G.E.C. said:

McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic; Jack, Davis, Aribo; Arfield, Morelos, Jones 

If someone had offered me at the start of qualifying you have to beat legia at home to get into group stages I would of bitten there hand off.

going away in europe isn’t easy as legia will find out next week.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

What you on about man, bomb forward and get beat? You not mind of 2008 UEFA cup run aye? 

I do remember that mate, in fact you’ve backed me up with that. Mind Lisbon, we actually hit them on the counter rather than time wasting when they started to go for it?

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

Professional European away performance. We will win at Ibrox. 

Hope so but they are diving bastards and are decent in the air it only needs a goal from them at Ibrox and the pressure will be on.We need to play a lot better at home to go through.

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

They were much better than I anticipated. Had read from some on here that the Danes were a bigger challenge. That's been shown to be a lot of shite.

Not a bad result and as Gerrard predicted it'll go to the wire. Can see us beating them at Ibrox though.

Danes had far more quality, we played the occasion and not the team in front of us tonight 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Think we should give Legia more credit, they played us well tonight and second half they upped their game no problem. 

They were the better team for a lot of the second half.

I'm disappointed that we seemed to lose discipline and shape when they were in possession. We gave them space.

They're easily the best team we've faced in Europe this season but I'm confident we can put them away at home.

Thought we played well first half and got a bit weary second half. We will score a couple at Ibrox I'm sure and that will be enough. Good professional performance against a decent team away. Stevie G adopting the nail shredding Sir Walter approach to teaching a Euro final. 

A score draw and we are out. For everybody trying to take the piss it’s not hard to understand. We need to win now and they only need a score draw. They are a decent team and are more than capable of that. 

Archived