*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

They did pressure us well but thought it was after  the initial 15-20 when they allowed us to have a lot of the ball and we didn’t do much they then gained the confidence to get at us a bit 

It was a very even match. Neither team wanted to give anything away. I expect the return leg to be a bit more lively, which plays into our hands.

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Realism isn’t negative, we should still beat them at home but all it takes is one lucky moment for them to then camp deep and hold a lead 

Davis is brutal, incidentally right after half time actually won the ball for once and passed straight to a Legia player, inspirational. Oh and he’s a rat, gets far too much of an easy ride on here 

Seems you're taking it a bit personal with your issues regarding Davis. 

Or just a wind up.

Either way, nobody's impressed. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

You've been a fuckin banger for a few weeks noo pal, don't make me come doon Ayrshire n turn they grey hairs in tae fuckin cinders ya ex junkie cunt :lol: 

:lol:dont make me get the horse odds ma man 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

he played well, if you think he didnt, football aint for you,  what you want him to do? 

Play some good forward passes, accept some responsibility, start the attack off rather than slowing it down. He’s very neat and tidy but seldom with any cutting edge. You look at Jack tonight’s and he does little feints and turns to create a bit of space to go forward, Its night and day 

Its clear it’s a pointless debate, I think Jack could play his role better and our midfield would be far better with Kamara and Aribo in front of Jack as it was in Denmark which was our best midfield performance but Davis is apparently loved so let’s all agree to disagree 

They were the perfect level of competition to get us ready for the old firm game, we’re in the tie, dodgy score line in a 2 leg game without an away goal but they are a decent team based on what I saw and can be dangerous, we’ll just need to make sure we beat them at home if we want to get through 

I still think the whole "arfield coming inside and no right mid" isnt going to work when teams sit off us and pack their half, tonight he was barely in the game and when we did press them they had an outball to their left back everytime

The system will work sometimes, but against disciplined teams imo it wont and tonight showed it, we badly cried out for something on the right to link with tav

Next week id start ojo and jones, tell them to get the ball down and get at the fullbacks 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Everybody has an opinion but I just think the Danes were more dangerous going forward, Legia didn't really test our back line as much. 

A goalless draw away from home isn't exactly a death sentence. 

I watch a lot of Danish football.. FCK are the only team that can do anything in Europe. Brondby, Midtjylland, Aab and the rest are nowhere near them. Trust me.. They are nowhere near Legia. Legia also has a home ground that is very intimidating. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Seems you're taking it a bit personal with your issues regarding Davis. 

Or just a wind up.

Either way, nobody's impressed. 

Not personal, I’ve had like 10 people respond debating with me about the initial post so I’m responding back 😂

As I’ve said he’s very neat and tidy so I can kind of see why people love him but its just not for me that Kamara is on the bench while he’s out there doing as far as I can see not a great deal most of the time 

Thought the pitch looked weirdly sticky, like the ball wasn't running smoothly and felt that contributed to us leaving some passes a bit short at times. Also thought Ojo looked tired and would have put Jones on after about 70 mins.

Decent result though and one game at home to get to groups is a decent proposition, would have taken that at start of season. Onwards and upwards and hope for a win at Ibrox in a weeks time.

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We are very close to having a very, very good football team, I'm excited to see where we go from here.

I've only read a couple of posts after full time and it seems as though there's quite a lot of people who are ready for knocking fuck out each other over a draw in Poland. 

Came a long way from Stranraer. 

Archived