*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Haha quality man. How’d you end up getting it? Just asking about?

We eventually built up the courage to ask the wee waitress at a cafe in Dusseldorf for it, hoping she wasn’t a German spy. She said 1 hour and the buses left at 1 was gutted we asked 15 mins before we left  😂. Imagine my mental state after that only tae be told our bus toilet didn’t work 15 mins later, pandemonium till the vodka bottles were getting passed about

My mate took some over, then on the wed night he was sleeping and me and the wee yin went out to the boozer to see if there was any cultural entertainment on and asked about in there. Some old boy had it :lol:

im absolutely fucking gutted no to be going this week. It will be mayhem.

one of the guys on our bus told the wee guy in the toilet on the way to Luxembourg we signed glen kamara from his village. I was in bits man :lol:

That boy just in front of you on the bus was absolutely mongod :lol; never seen someone so excited on a bus before haha 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

My mate took some over, then on the wed night he was sleeping and me and the wee yin went out to the boozer to see if there was any cultural entertainment on and asked about in there. Some old boy had it :lol:

im absolutely fucking gutted no to be going this week. It will be mayhem.

one of the guys on our bus told the wee guy in the toilet on the way to Luxembourg we signed glen kamara from his village. I was in bits man :lol:

That boy just in front of you on the bus was absolutely mongod :lol; never seen someone so excited on a bus before haha 

Aye a was standing right behind him at the service station haha. 

See the guy in front of yous with the freakishly long tongue? A was sitting there having palpitations at the size ae it. 

His comedown was class, we got the train back wae them, surprised he didn’t throw himself on the track, his patter was brilliant. 

Dusseldorf is weird place when your fucked, mad scatty old burd in the station trying to sell punnets a cherries at 4 in the morning 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye a was standing right behind him at the service station haha. 

See the guy in front of yous with the freakishly long tongue? A was sitting there having palpitations at the size ae it. 

His comedown was class, we got the train back wae them, surprised he didn’t throw himself on the track, his patter was brilliant. 

Dusseldorf is weird place when your fucked, mad scatty old burd in the station trying to sell punnets a cherries at 4 in the morning 

:lol:

I gave that boy a few dips as well. 

3 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Mate! Warsaw is my second home so Legia are my Polish club, and I can tell you that the Legia of today are nowhere near the team they were even 2-3 seasons ago when they were Champions of the Ekstraklasa. Since then they have lost their brilliant 'keeper, Arkadiusz Malarz,  Bartosz Bereszyński,  Łukasz Broź,  Tomasz Brzyski, Adam Hloušek, Michał Pazdan,  Jakub Rzeźniczak,  Mihail Aleksandrov, Ondrej Duda,  Guilherme,  Kasper Hämäläinen,  Michał Kopczyński,  Ivica Vrdoljak,  Michał Kucharczyk,  Nemanja Nikolić,  Aleksandar Prijović,  Marek Saganowski,  Jakub Czerwiński,  Igor Lewczuk,  Ariel Borysiuk. *** and I almost forgot Sebastien Szymanski, who was probably their best player last year.

That is 20 top class players; most of who were International players that have never been replaced with the quality they possessed . Will their replacements be good enough to beat us over two legs? I personally don't think so, but we will find out soon enough.

Fuck me, that's the holy grail of scrabble scores you've just listed there😉. Zs and Ks a-go-go........ (I know, I know, cheap stereotypes and all that).

I'm expecting a fairly dull 0-0 or 0-1 from this unless we go all clinical assassin as we did in Denmark.

I think we're comfortable now in our defensive, counter-attacking Euro set-up now and a couple of Polish friends are backing up what others are saying about Legia lacking cutting edge. Mind you, they're Szceczin fans, so who knows.

9 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Fuck me, that's the holy grail of scrabble scores you've just listed there😉. Zs and Ks a-go-go........ (I know, I know, cheap stereotypes and all that).

I'm expecting a fairly dull 0-0 or 0-1 from this unless we go all clinical assassin as we did in Denmark.

I think we're comfortable now in our defensive, counter-attacking Euro set-up now and a couple of Polish friends are backing up what others are saying about Legia lacking cutting edge. Mind you, they're Szceczin fans, so who knows.

That's a fair comment from you, mate! I obviously watch the majority of the Legia games and keep in touch constantly with my friends in Warsaw. The feeling from the Legia camp is that they are solid at the back, but their main strength is in their midfield, which I would agree with from a Legia perspective. Upfront, their most potent weapon is the Spaniard, Carlitos who they signed from Wisła Kraków after he won Player of the year and top goalscorer in the Ekstraklasa 2017-18 season, yet the new interim coach, Aleksandar Vuković, doesn't seem to fancy him so far this season, so if he does play, we better be on our toes.

A lot of the Legion fans are predicting a 0-0 score in Warsaw and a 1-1 draw at Ibrox that would put then through, but I think that's a bit of bravado from them. Your Pogoń Szczecin friends are correct about the lack of cutting edge so far and I think it's fair to say they hope we hammer Legia, because Legii Warszawa are basically detested outside of Warsaw.

Ironically, the last game I saw at Łazienkowska 3 was against Pogoń Szczecin where Legia won 3-0.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Rtv confirmed for Thursday good news but premier sport are a disgrace over a tenner I've been  for 1 European game. Just about to cancel not another penny from me.

I'd cancel it as well. They are a shite broadcaster. Better to just find a stream then pay them. Likely better quality anyway. 

28 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd cancel it as well. They are a shite broadcaster. Better to just find a stream then pay them. Likely better quality anyway. 

I'll just go to the Bristol from now on get 2/3pints during the games. Cunts have the Scottish cup starting in January.

To watch Scottish football legally u need a sub to

Bt sport

Sky sports

Premier

That's almost minimum £50pm disgusting

22 hours ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

You do realise Aribo played at the weekend?......

incidentally I completely agree that this will be the team 

Only because he didn't play Thursday due to being on the yellow away from suspension . It is only going to be him or kamara  (who also played Sun)

On 19/08/2019 at 17:26, Valance1690 said:

Really wouldn't be surprised to see Aribo on the bench and Kamara starting, more defensive. 

Think if Aribo gets booked aswell he'll miss the home game where he could be more of a influence 

It was a toss up between the two just feel SG thinks aribo is in his strongest 11 imo.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I'll just go to the Bristol from now on get 2/3pints during the games. Cunts have the Scottish cup starting in January.

To watch Scottish football legally u need a sub to

Bt sport

Sky sports

Premier

That's almost minimum £50pm disgusting

SFA at their best making it more difficult to watch games. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

A bit surprised we're favourites to win the match.  Cool though. Katic for me as well. 

18’s seems generous (Goldson is 12’s) and yes the odds on us to qualify surprised me too. 

Archived