*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid result in an environment where things can go badly wrong. 

Being fussy i wanted us to score tonight, high stakes now but confident we’ll win on the night. 

Disappointed in Gerrard’s approach to subs and can’t see how he can justify no involvement at all for Jones.

11 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Decent result against a team that would finish in the top 3 in the SPL and I'm sure Gerrard is finding out more about his players in these kind of games than he does when we're pumping teams 6-1.

We'll need a better and more attacking performance next week but Ibrox  has become a fortress again (not sure if we've lost a game at home in 2019) so I'm confident the players will respond and put us through to the group stages. 

Would have taken the result before the game but felt we were the better team overall and prob deserved to win it on the balance of play. Few chances for either team though but felt we had the better ones. Another professional performance away from home in Europe. Great to see our players look so comfortable in what is meant to be such an intimidating place to play. Think it will be a tight game again next week but confident we can get the job done 🔴🔵

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Disappointed in Gerrard’s approach to subs and can’t see how he can justify no involvement at all for Jones.

Thought it was odd Jones didn’t start, madness that he didn’t play any part as he could’ve had a lot of joy against that right back 

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Solid result in an environment where things can go badly wrong. 

Being fussy i wanted us to score tonight, high stakes now but confident we’ll win on the night. 

I was hoping Jones would have started but you could see their set up was different to the Danes. They sat off us to start with so completely agree with the starting 11. Jones wouldn’t have had the same space to run at. I’d have maybe brought him on OJ the second half but then I can see why we protected what we had.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Think Ojo needs a rest after tonight. He looked knackered towards the end. Maybe SG is going with Jones for St Mirren game. 

One of our issues last year was consistency. It's no surprise we struggled when many players hadn't played a full season in a highly competitive professional environment. This season more have experienced that. Ojo hasn't and its important  that he's protected and rested when needed.

He's never going to maintain his current form over the season unless he gets carefully managed.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One of our issues last year was consistency. It's no surprise we struggled when many players hadn't played a full season in a highly competitive professional environment. This season more have experienced that. Ojo hasn't and its important  that he's protected and rested when needed.

He's never going to maintain his current form over the season unless he gets carefully managed.

Yeah mate, could see there was a bit of burn out in the squad last year.  

4 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Maybe already been said but how much of a bunch of diving gits where that mob!

Was pathetic!

Boys scream at Flanagan’s supposed elbow was embarrassing 

As was the 10/10 Olympic dive from the boy over Tavs foot 

Archived