*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, chris182 said:

We were a whisker away from a goal with Alfie's one on one and the wee cut back for Ojo.

We should get a few clear chances next week, as always it's up to us to take them. We look after ourselves and we make the groups. 

We had the best chance but they created more chances than we did. McGregor did really well last night, as should be expected, but that's due to saves from their decent chances. They'll be confident of creating similar chances and scoring too.

We need defence to be tighter, midfield to control play as they did for long periods last night, midfield to be more creative and for chances to be taken. It's in our hands but wont be easy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll predict a 3-1 now. At home I expect us to swarm all over them and score quite early. We are in excellent form and that game last night was Sir Walteresque.  Ojo on the big pitch at Ibrox will cause them nightmares 

Gerrard should have changed it quicker last night he had players out on their feet and he didnt change it needs to learn to use the squad more.

Still weak on our left side and McGregor kept us in it they were the better team.

We have a squad big enough to cope for both and we didn't do too badly after Euro games last year. The one that sticks out for me is the game after the qualifier against Ufa when we were dead on our feet at the piggery. 

Tarriers however are struggling for a decent first 11 never mind a squad, well run cash rich club that they are, 

A few years ago  0-0 away would be almost like a win. But then something changed and teams seemed happy to keep a clean sheet and try to nick an away goal.

I still think we got a good result, but they'll be happy with it too

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Gerrard should have changed it quicker last night he had players out on their feet and he didnt change it needs to learn to use the squad more.

Still weak on our left side and McGregor kept us in it they were the better team.

They were the better team for maybe 20 mins.

24 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

They were the better team for maybe 20 mins.

I think they controlled the game and were happy for us to have the ball at times in defensive areas as soon as we went forward they chased and harried us well and got the ball back quickly.

Will be a tough test for us at Home.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think they controlled the game and were happy for us to have the ball at times in defensive areas as soon as we went forward they chased and harried us well and got the ball back quickly.

Will be a tough test for us at Home.

they did not create much apart from the big guy at set  pieces mcgregor had 1 decent save when the guy cut in from the left and he dived and knocked the ball away  the other 2 saves he made were routine  i would expect any decent goalie to save them  so this shit that mcgregor saved us is rubbish  that is the goalies job

1 hour ago, billscott said:

they did not create much apart from the big guy at set  pieces mcgregor had 1 decent save when the guy cut in from the left and he dived and knocked the ball away  the other 2 saves he made were routine  i would expect any decent goalie to save them  so this shit that mcgregor saved us is rubbish  that is the goalies job

They created more than us and stifled our play  McGregor did save us, this wont be a formality at Ibrox Katic saved us after Goldson blunder early on and Flanigan did the same late on all chances you seem to have forgotten about.

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

We have a squad big enough to cope for both and we didn't do too badly after Euro games last year. The one that sticks out for me is the game after the qualifier against Ufa when we were dead on our feet at the piggery. 

Tarriers however are struggling for a decent first 11 never mind a squad, well run cash rich club that they are, 

Did u make this up?? I seen them vs cluj 2nd half and 3nd half last night and thought they looked pretty decent. Certainly expect them to take 3 points most weeks with ease and anyone who thinks otherwise is niave. 

Fully expect both teams to be close to the 90 point mark this season easily

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Did u make this up?? I seen them vs cluj 2nd half and 3nd half last night and thought they looked pretty decent. Certainly expect them to take 3 points most weeks with ease and anyone who thinks otherwise is niave. 

Fully expect both teams to be close to the 90 point mark this season easily

What about their full backs. Bought 2 and wanting new ones already. With only a week to go. English Market as good as closed too for getting anybody decent 

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

What about their full backs. Bought 2 and wanting new ones already. With only a week to go. English Market as good as closed too for getting anybody decent 

No idea in all honesty, I just think we will need to earn the title this season by being the best team over the season and that they won't just hand it over to us 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

They created more than us and stifled our play  McGregor did save us, this wont be a formality at Ibrox Katic saved us after Goldson blunder early on and Flanigan did the same late on all chances you seem to have forgotten about.

never said it would be a formality but you  must have been watching a different game you go on about katic and flanagan saving us  is that not what they are supposed to do what about the chances we had

having said that  most of your posts are of a negative value sometimes wonder if you are really a gers fan

23 minutes ago, billscott said:

never said it would be a formality but you  must have been watching a different game you go on about katic and flanagan saving us  is that not what they are supposed to do what about the chances we had

having said that  most of your posts are of a negative value sometimes wonder if you are really a gers fan

You must have not watched the game at all given your summary of it, Yes you have called it I dont support Rangers.

On 23/08/2019 at 10:55, kanjo said:

Our record at Ibrox is good and I would hope we can finish the job. I never seen much that would concern me especially if we grab the 1st goal. 

If we are leading 1-0 in last few minutes my finger nails will be bitten away and I don't bite my nails normally. 

Archived