*****The Official Legia Warsaw v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's brilliant and a great place to have it especially for a sing-song as it's right next to Aleja George'a Harrisona (George Harrison Avenue.)  There are a lot of Embassies around that area and on the other side of the fan zone park is the Royal  Łazienki Park and Palace complex, and it's brilliant if you have any spare time.

11 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Apprehensive about Polish teams  , have sad  memories of that Gornik mob that beat us .

This Legia team are reasonable, but they are nowhere near the quality of that  Górnik Zabrze side that gave us a humping in that 1969-70 season. They went all the way to the final that season and the1/4 final the season after that. We might have a stern test against Legia, but there's no way we will get done like a dinner.

11 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We beat them in 72 on our way to our European trophy.

Actually, we didn't,mate! We played Górnik Zabrze on two occasions;  in the 1969-70  ECWC and got humped 6-2 on aggregate.  We beat them 4-2 on aggregate in the 1987-88 European Cup 2nd round.  The only other Polish teams we have played are; GKS Katowice, in the  1988-89 UEFA Cup that we won 5-2 on aggregate, and Amica Wronki who we beat 5-0 in the group stages of the 2004-05 UEFA Cup.

The actual history of Amica Wronki is quite amazing for a team from a very small town of around 11,000 in the middle of nowhere (roughly 62km from Poznań)

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

aye but which one -- too many out there

Tbf their is not much choice between them, all have the odd blips and down time etc regardless of what they tell you. 

Most offer a free 24 hour trial as well. 

One I have I got from a fellow bear on a Facebook page and been great for the last 2 1/2 years or so. But everyone I know also ends up needing to use a vpn occasionally whenever the epl blackouts come thru. The problem with iptv is a lot of people assume or expect it to be 100% flawless the same as sky or virgin etc

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Actually, we didn't,mate! We played Górnik Zabrze on two occasions;  in the 1969-70  ECWC and got humped 6-2 on aggregate.  We beat them 4-2 on aggregate in the 1987-88 European Cup 2nd round.  The only other Polish teams we have played are; GKS Katowice, in the  1988-89 UEFA Cup that we won 5-2 on aggregate, and Amica Wronki who we beat 5-0 in the group stages of the 2004-05 UEFA Cup.

The actual history of Amica Wronki is quite amazing for a team from a very small town of around 11,000 in the middle of nowhere (roughly 62km from Poznań)

Currently sat about 40mins from Wronki 😀🍺

7 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Surely no just me but a see this as an easier tie than the last round. Their team is full of journeymen who have played at a shite level for the majority of their careers.

If we get at least a draw tomorrow night we should qualify no problem.

Tomorrow night will be a tough match as any hostile stadium is.

3 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I'm probably more confident with this tie than the last round.  A just can't see us not scoring tomorrow night.

A like to think a know a good amount about world football like the players etc, and there’s about 3 players in their team i’ve heard of. Had a look at the history of the players and they’ve all played for shit teams. One player was on loan at Nuneaton front Fleetwood a few year ago 😂

5 minutes ago, barkie said:

Nowy Tomysl pal sun and beer we going to catch train tomorrow.

Yea mate, I know exactly where you are. Don't try and steal that big wicker basket....You'll never get it on the train.:mutley:

25 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

A like to think a know a good amount about world football like the players etc, and there’s about 3 players in their team i’ve heard of. Had a look at the history of the players and they’ve all played for shit teams. One player was on loan at Nuneaton front Fleetwood a few year ago 😂

Their results this season suggest that too. They look solid but have not been tested against opposition that strikes me as great.  Even then, they have won their games largely by a single goal.  

Tomorrow is making me a nervous wreck because of how close we are. Not the opposition. Their atmosphere might be loud but our players have played in much more hostile than that over the years. 

Just need to hope every one of them is fired up and concentrated for this. 

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

Their results this season suggest that too. They look solid but have not been tested against opposition that strikes me as great.  Even then, they have won their games largely by a single goal.  

Tomorrow is a making me a nervous wreck because of how close we are. Not the opposition. Their atmosphere might be loud but our players have played in much more hostile than that over the years. 

Just need to hope every one of them is fired up and concentrated for this. 

Are you using past experiences that ex players have had playing for us and applying them to the current team there?

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

See it's being said that when celtic played them in recent years that they only brought 135 fans with them.

Find that hard to believe tbh

It's true, Mate! Legia sold 17,000 tickets on the first day of sale for this match ; that's more than they ever sold playing in the Champions League., and that came direct from the owner of Legia, Dariusz Mioduski.

Archived