Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

we’re defo being targeted but throw bottles and you get a free pass 🤬

Those are literally the rules we signed up to. First offence under article 14 - section closure. second offence -  stadium closure and 50k fine.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, don logan said:

It's UEFA's competition and they make the rules. You either abide by them or pay the consequences. Simple.

Yeah. We can't fight the rules, the time for lobbying is long gone IMO. 

People either adjust or continue to damage the club. With fans actually missing out now you've got to think those that sing the songs will sit up and notice.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree with this. But we dont know specifically the term or song which has been deemed illegal. The club needs to be absolutely clear on what cannot be sung (regardless of whether we think it's fair or not) because if they dont, then something could still cause offence to result in a charge.

The problem is that you are NEVER going to be given a list of songs that can't be sung.  The rules are vague for a reason.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree with this. But we dont know specifically the term or song which has been deemed illegal. The club needs to be absolutely clear on what cannot be sung (regardless of whether we think it's fair or not) because if they dont, then something could still cause offence to result in a charge.

I'd imagine mate, singing about being up to our knees in fenian blood, or fenian bastards, as much as we all like to sing it,is now going to get Rangers into serious trouble. 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Anything about Fenians.

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

As anger inducing as this is I unfortunately think we're going to have to play the game 

We've got no other option.  If we want to play in these competitions we have to play by the rules.  It might get to the stage where the sale of tickets to these games is restricted heavily.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

The problem is that you are NEVER going to be given a list of songs that can't be sung.  The rules are vague for a reason.

We havent even been informed of the exact nature of the offence we've been found guilty of though.

Which term? Which song?  Its not too much to ask for from the club.

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I respect your opinion mate, but at the end of the day it is energy wasted for zero reason. If we had a chance of changing things and our fans were able to work toward some kind of even handedness then fine, but nothing ever happens. 

The one thing we can really do is forget about everyone else, and make sure no one can fuck us over by doing what the club asks us to.

Mate I’m a stubborn cunt (i know it’s hard to believe) and all I ask is, if your making a rule then it applies to all. If your going to pick and choose when to apply it then I’m sorry but you can shove your rules where the sun don’t shine. 

Dont sing it change a word, but it sticks in my throat when the organisation that continually report us are run by ST holders of Scum Fc and proven bigots who will simply move on to the next target word. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We havent even been informed of the exact nature of the offence we've been found guilty of though.

That's a fair question to ask.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If FARE were there and I believe they were then there was a huge rendition of TBB it will be that 

5 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

UEFA seem to be determined to conflate sectarianism and racism when they are in fact two completely different things ... can we not put this before a court to get the matter sorted out once and for all?

Will never happen.

It’s a really harsh punishment for a first offence.  Flares, failures in crowd control  & displaying political banners to seem to attract multiple fines even for clubs who ignore warnings and re-offend year after year, but to go straight in with this punishment for some unsavoury words in songs sung by a minority of fans is completely over the top imo.  UEFA like so many big organisations have their priorities all wrong.  

Also I would have liked to hear the club at least make some kind of statement in support of the huge majority of fans and question both the timing and wording of the uefa statement -  instead of throwing us all under the bus, but again that would never happen.  They only want our money, they don’t give a shit about us otherwise.  

Just now, KingKirk said:

So wtf is it then singing songs?

Aye. UEFA's article on discriminatory chants include a reference to racism in the title although the charge irself specifically mentions sectatian songs. We've been pulled for singing about fenians after being told not to sing about fenians yet continuing to sing about fenians. And some still want to cry foul.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Fare are always there it’s there mission statement to follow Rangers around Europe and report report report on anything we do. 

Think the cunts only attend our games 

A paedophile  ring is in operation across the city, fuck all done.  They openly use the word “ H**”, fuck all done.  They display banners with the word “ H**” , fuck all done. They use the word “ fenian” , fuck all done.  They attack opposition players on the pitch, fuck all done. They constantly mock the “ 66”, fuck all done.   The list goes on.

We use the word” fenian”, we get hammered. Make no mistakes,  they are in bed with “ fare”.  The only bigoted club in the land is them, but they have friends in high places. We shouldn’t expect any help from uefa as I would suspect that a lot of them are involved with paedopilia, also.   This could well be a tipping point for our support, which is sick to death of the constant attacks on our club, whilst the scum get away with everything.  It’s probably due to the rise  of the far left, and the desperate attempt to appease them at every turn.  It seems that Europe and it’s peoples are waking up to it though, and there will be some serious  unrest to come soon. There is only so much people will take before real, concrete action is taken.  The Scottish media and the SNP will also  be heavily involved in  this action against us, make no mistake.  I’m not a violent person per se, but sometimes  it is the only action.

2 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

I'd imagine mate, singing about being up to our knees in fenian blood, or fenian bastards, as much as we all like to sing it,is now going to get Rangers into serious trouble. 

And I'd get and agree with it. But why wouldnt the club inform fans that the term fenian / fenian with add ons/ fenian blood sung in a specific song was the one that caused the issue? Why would the club leave it ambiguous, wang us to stop something without telling us what this time we've been found guilty of.

Archived