Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

A big "FUCK UEFA" banner would be incredibly petty and result in another fine but would make me feel very satisfied 

I suppose you’d be even more satisfied when we get banned from Europe? 

Ps. I don’t give a fuck about the songs, but I love the club and I want a ground full of fans to support the team, I don’t want to see fans being locked out after buying tickets, I don’t want fans banned. I don’t want the club fined or docked points or, god forbid, banned from tournaments. I don’t give a fuck about other clubs and their songs - so long as they get punished too. 

The club have no come back - the songs, meanings are not debatable - we accept and change or we kill the club. 

But I guess some fans don’t give a fuck about our club as much as the song book. 

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

UEFA seem to be determined to conflate sectarianism and racism when they are in fact two completely different things ... can we not put this before a court to get the matter sorted out once and for all?

Clubs can get banned for taking UEFA to court over matters relating to football and their competitions.

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

They should have though. Its such an arbitrary definition. 

It's not that arbitrary. UEFA explain their definiton in their regulations. It's all the usual stuff. religion, disabiity, gender, sexual orientation etc.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Didn’t see it as childish to be held to the same rules. 

Why should I accept someone can call what they like but if I call something similar back I’m the one getting in trouble. 

I respect your opinion mate, but at the end of the day it is energy wasted for zero reason. If we had a chance of changing things and our fans were able to work toward some kind of even handedness then fine, but nothing ever happens. 

The one thing we can really do is forget about everyone else, and make sure no one can fuck us over by doing what the club asks us to.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Im sure they all over every club with a fan problem then. 

Im really sure they will.....

we both know they’re are clubs all over Eastern Europe with bigger issues than our fan base but the cunts have us in their spotlight due to the fenian and i include fare in that.

It’s wrong but they’ll fuck us everytime and we need to get smarter 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

A don’t care what gets sung by any support those offended with songs should go watch cricket. 

That maybe so and I agree with you to an extent. Its only songs after all. The problem is UEFA have decided  its not on. You have to deal with the world the way it is and not the way you think it should be. Its pragmatism, if we really cant change one word in one song then we are as a fanbase just asking for it. Its a great song that gets the stadium going, just change one word.  We can shout about fighting it, ignoring it or whatever else but its an unwinnable fight.

Just now, James Rolle said:

I suppose you’d be even more satisfied when we get banned from Europe? 

Ps. I don’t give a fuck about the songs, but I love the club and I want a ground full of fans to support the team, I don’t want to see fans being locked out after buying tickets, I don’t want fans banned. I don’t want the club fined or docked points or, god forbid, banned from tournaments. I don’t give a fuck about other clubs and their songs - so long as they get punished too. 

The club have no come back - the songs, meanings are not debatable - we accept and change or we kill the club. 

But I guess some fans don’t give a fuck about our club as much as the song book. 

EC96B54B-9908-49F7-A442-C674D537ACA9.gif

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nope the cunts have had more enough of our songbook thank you very much

It will still have the same result though, and regardless of if people think the word will be changed it won’t. 

It’s better than the big trophies pish thougj, I’ll give you that 😂

Just now, Bad Robot said:

we both know they’re are clubs all over Eastern Europe with bigger issues than our fan base but the cunts have us in their spotlight due to the fenian and i include fare in that.

It’s wrong but they’ll fuck us everytime and we need to get smarter 

I agree with this. But we dont know specifically the term or song which has been deemed illegal. The club needs to be absolutely clear on what cannot be sung (regardless of whether we think it's fair or not) because if they dont, then something could still cause offence to result in a charge.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

So much for European freedom of speech 

I think it's no different to a pub, club or anywhere asking someone to leave the premises.  You've no absolute right of acess to these places anymore than you've an absolute right as a football club to play in Europe. Clubs are in UEFA competition by invitation, not by some absolute European human right.

Because it's their party, it's their rules and no amount of complaining about it changes that fact.

Archived