Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Nobody is disputing that there is a large amount of bias against us as a club & support from the governing bodies, the media & politicians. 

That doesn’t take away from the fact at times, we let ourselves down and make us an easy target. 

You been sleep walking through @The Dude existence on here?

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I hope all those who are denied entry to the game get a full refund (although that is cold comfort in the circumstances).

King has spoken...…..   “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative. Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”.       

Whether he says it for UEFA and SFA appearances sake or whether he really means it is irrelevant.   There are those who have supported Rangers for many many years through good times and bad times but King is clear they are not wanted anymore at Ibrox or at any games if they won't accept the line King is taking in his message.    The choice is simple.   Conform or walk away and support from a distance well out of earshot of Ibrox or any grounds where Rangers are playing.   

If there are repeats going forward then the threats of full ground closures or expulsions from tournaments are on the immediate horizon.    

There is no way on this earth that Rangers can fully control the behaviour, voices, reactions and so on of Supporters at a game.   No way.    Its physically impossible.   The best King can say - and hope for - is that all Supporters adhere to what he is saying or if that is not fully possible then don't bother turning up to support Rangers.    Many many Supporters are lifelong loyal to Rangers, but the loyalty of King and his Board to these same Rangers Supporters only goes so far.    It goes as far as King has said today and no further.     Its for individual supporters to decide on how they respond to all of this.    

It also makes for significantly ramped up pressure for the game against Legia.   Gerrard wanted Ibrox rocking.   Its possible he gets that but rocking with an anti-UEFA dimension to it.   Whether or not some of the Support refrain as per King's requirement will be interesting to see / hear.  If they don't then more trouble ahead if we win through.   

Does that include the majority of the fan base who just so happen to be off a PUL persuasion?? 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One month into the role. Making a name for himself and puting the boogie into Rangers. Double dunter.

Probably  headhunted for the role , or was it placement . Stinks mate . We both know this will continue .

It's almost a weekly occurrence now . Rangers fans defending Rangers .

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin said:

Here's a whacky idea.. Why don't we just stop singing these songs about N.I./UVF/UDA/bobby sands/fteepee and maybe sing proper Rangers songs? (which there is a plethora of) 

Yes hands up I sang all the songs as a youth but now this is a completely different environment this 50 year old is admittedly struggling to adapt to. I still hold dear my Loyalist Protestant views but all these songs are doing the club financial and reputational damage and the kind of publicity we do not need.

So it's loyalist songs in general now? 

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin said:

Here's a whacky idea.. Why don't we just stop singing these songs about N.I./UVF/UDA/bobby sands/fteepee and maybe sing proper Rangers songs? (which there is a plethora of) 

Yes hands up I sang all the songs as a youth but now this is a completely different environment this 50 year old is admittedly struggling to adapt to. I still hold dear my Loyalist Protestant views but all these songs are doing the club financial and reputational damage and the kind of publicity we do not need.

Unfortunately, as I've tried to explain to my children this is the way we need to live. Almost embarrassed into not singing songs about our history and if we do we will be persecuted for it. 

Totally sickening IMHO but we really need to please the rest of society I guess

4 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Rangers fans don't sing about the UDA.

Our match day UVF songs are clean and untouchable. The two songs that are doing us are super Rangers and TBB

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Does that include the majority of the fan base who just so happen to be off a PUL persuasion?? 

The only person that can answer your legitimate point with any sort of authority that would be binding on Rangers is King himself.    It'd be interesting to hear his answer if anyone was ever able to get close enough to him or in contact with him to put the question to him.     Nobody who has access to him will be able or willing to do that though.

He'd probably find an answer that included them but then point out that times have changed and its the King line to be followed or retreat into the distance and support from afar in silence.     

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Rangers fans don't sing about the UDA.

Our match day UVF songs are clean and untouchable. The two songs that are doing us are super Rangers and TBB

Mate you'd be the first to rage at the timpanzees for singing ditties about the IRA... who are also a proscribed organisation

The UVF(old or present),has hee haw to do with Rangers FC  or even football in general for that matter 

Just now, mrmojorisin said:

Mate you'd be the first to rage at the timpanzees for singing ditties about the IRA... who are also a proscribed organisation

The UVF(old or present),has hee haw to do with Rangers FC  or even football in general for that matter 

I don't give a fuck what the tarriers sing. I do care about parity. 

The uvf have some smashing anthems 

Just now, mrmojorisin said:

What they sing doesn’t bother me or offend me. They can sing what the fuck they want. What bothers folk is the double standards that is shown in this shithole country 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

The only person that can answer your legitimate point with any sort of authority that would be binding on Rangers is King himself.    It'd be interesting to hear his answer if anyone was ever able to get close enough to him or in contact with him to put the question to him.     Nobody who has access to him will be able or willing to do that though.

He'd probably find an answer that included them but then point out that times have changed and its the King line to be followed or retreat into the distance and support from afar in silence.     

I think we all know that will never happen. On the flip side could you imagine the uproar of lawell or whoever is in charge essentially came out and said anyone of a catholic/republican persuasion was no longer welcome at the club and should support another team

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont get this conspiracy angle people are running with.

UEFA send a delegate who's job it is to watch out that the UEFA rules are followed.

The UEFA delegate writes back and tells UEFA that he believes the rules were broken.

Are we saying that we did not sing these songs and break the rules? If so I can understand the argument and can see it being a conspiracy.

If we did indeed sing the songs though (Im sure I heard TBB), surely the UEFA delegate has just done his job? He probably took great delight in doing it, but can hardly say we have been stitched up. 

Said delegate worked for selik. 

As a club, and a support, we need to start boxing clever. It's no coincidence that this renewed focus on the songsheet has come now. The real agenda is not closure of sections, or forcing us to play games in an empty stadium. It's points deductions, in the first season since 2012 that we pose a genuine threat to the establishment. So, from now on, no free gifts to the haters. 

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

What they sing doesn’t bother me or offend me. They can sing what the fuck they want. What bothers folk is the double standards that is shown in this shithole country 

Agreed.. There is definitely an agenda.... Are UEFA aware of this FARE mhobs sellik supporting background and creepy stalking of our club? 

So I have read threads on here, seen tweets listened to the gaffer and chatted with mates on this subject. 

As a well educated, successful and widely travelled atheist I can’t figure out why this issue pisses me off so much. I have no real interest in singing about a brotherhood of republicans from the 1800s. I am no advocate of football fans singing about 300 year old battles and terrorist organisations. So why do I find myself incensed by what’s going on here? 

This is what I have come up with.

Scotland is a horribly divided wee place. There has, since time immemorial, been massive schisms that run through our society.  A lot of those schisms are being viscerally highlighted due to social media and society in general is becoming far more polarised. Football mimics that society. The people on the stands represent that society. But you can’t fix society’s ills by punishing football clubs. And even if you could, you would have to start by punishing them all equally. Which of course started to happen under the OBAF act and so that act got voted down. 

I am all for eradicating sectarianism and “racism” from the crowds at football matches but to achieve that you will have to address the root cause of society’s ills. So while we have all this media attention maybe we want to start the conversation about catholic schools, about separation of our kids from that age. Let’s start talking about separating the church, all churches, from everything . Cut out the cancer at the source instead of blaming Ranger fans for everything  Christ, I have seen Rangers fans blamed for Brexit and The No vote on independence  it’s all the Rangers fault  

You want to tackle societies ills via the football terraces, let’s go. Let the SFA convene a committee represented by senior officials from all Scottish clubs from all walks of society and review the song books of all Scottish clubs fans and identify what is and is not acceptable and let’s implement strict liability on any breach..... songs about the Ibrox disaster, songs about Neil Simpsons tackle, songs that are political in nature, songs that have any religion connotations,  songs that refer to anything other than football 

lets ban players from making any religious statements or signs, let’s remove all political slogans, advertisements and promotions from the game 

Of course none of this is going to happen because the whole agenda here is not to fix society’s ills or to rid Scotland of sectarianism  or even to target football fans. The whole agenda here is to attack Rangers fans and that is what sticks in my craw 

So yeah, I agree, let’s stop singing the Billy Boys even though other clubs sing it. Let’s cut out the pope references even though the pope leads the  most corrupt and immoral cult the world has ever conceived and let’s leave out the references to the politics of Northern Ireland even though Scotland’s second biggest club founded on the very principles of those politics flaunt it with impunity  ..... let’s be the bigger men and let’s see how that works out for us  

I am saying no more on the matter 

Archived