Punishment From Fenians

BridgeIsBlue

10 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Aye, I just read it. I've been away and not been able to keep up with the news until now. It will be the racist part that has lead to this. The mhanks get fines for sectarian singing/banners almost every time they plag in Europe so that makes me believe that it must be the racist shit that has gotten us into trouble which obviously is a complete no go. We deserve the punishment we got if folk were singing racist songs or put up racist banners. 

Theres nothing "racist" in the context you're thinking of, we've been given the punishment for secterian songs but they've classified it as racist songs, particularly of a secterian nature.

Hence why people in here have been saying we need to be careful going forward, next punishment is a stadium ban followed by expulsion from the competition for singing TBB etc. 

And now UEFA have set the bar you can guarantee it wont take long for the SFA to have a pop aswell.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They didn't though. They said it was sectarian singing. 

I heard it reported yesterday on Smooth radio as "Rangers have had part of their stadium closed due to racist chanting" this is what happens when they throw those two entirely different things together. This imo is part of the problem, misinformation repeated as fact by folk that don't know the difference between criticising a religion rather than a whole race. Tell a lie often enough and all that :hmmm:

ps hope thing on a personal level have gotten better Dude :tu:

Just now, Ivybank said:

Garry o'hagen representing Kilmarnock that reported us ?  Yeah that's impartial ,you couldn't make it up

Apparently he only started with killie a week later 

I'd asked the same question yesterday and was told that 

I can understand the sentiment and playing smart in cutting back on the song sheet, but it must be accompanied by this board getting all this on the table with UEFA and a level playing field established, otherwise there will be no point as the sanctions will continue on someting else and no doubt spilling onto the domestic scene to our disadvantage and we will be sullied into silence and ultimate defeat.

The taigery train is gathering a head of steam and we are once again on the track in it's path,  just that some fail to see it.

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I know. I hadn't read anything bar the first page of this thread when I wrote that.

I know the score now. 

Next time the mhanks are playing,  one or a few of us need to complain to UEFA that their behaviour is racist. Should lead to the same punishment. 

Maybe you should read the full 50+ page topic before you start replying to things then :lol:

6 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

I heard it reported yesterday on Smooth radio as "Rangers have had part of their stadium closed due to racist chanting" this is what happens when they throw those two entirely different things together. This imo is part of the problem, misinformation repeated as fact by folk that don't know the difference between criticising a religion rather than a whole race. Tell a lie often enough and all that :hmmm:

ps hope thing on a personal level have gotten better Dude :tu:

They've taken racist from the article we've been charged under being called 'racist and other discriminatory conduct'

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've taken racist from the article we've been charged under being called 'racist and other discriminatory conduct'

Cheers.

Yes I get that but in reality that word at its core is not actually racist because you can be a supporter of Irish republicanism and be of any colour, my problem with it is semantics but important ones imo :tu:

I still to this day, have not witnessed anything like the effigy hanging at parkhead. I know it wasn't in Europe, but I won't soon forget how powerless we all felt when it failed to gather the scrutiny it merited in even the following days Scottish papers. I don't think that's ever happened even among the true mad bastards in European club football. 

I know the UEFA rules are in black and white, but I really don't understand why singing these songs is such a crime.

Why is an organised religion off limits for critique? Why can't people think whatever they want as long as they don't cause anyone any harm? They think they're being progressive but it's just authoritarian and draconian. Guilty of thoughtcrime and wrongthink ala 1984.

I'd rather have absolute freedom of speech than have my speech monitored and controlled by people who very openly tell us they hate us. The irony in all of this is infuriating. 

16 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

I know the UEFA rules are in black and white, but I really don't understand why singing these songs is such a crime.

Why is an organised religion off limits for critique? Why can't people think whatever they want as long as they don't cause anyone any harm? They think they're being progressive but it's just authoritarian and draconian. Guilty of thoughtcrime and wrongthink ala 1984.

I'd rather have absolute freedom of speech than have my speech monitored and controlled by people who very openly tell us they hate us. The irony in all of this is infuriating. 

because religion with its wealth is still a powerful weapon for those who control it 

The manager and club have came out and addressed this. 

Gerrard said: “I was obviously aware of the rivalry and the religion and the politics around it.

“But I didn’t realise how strong it was — I don’t think that you do until you actually come here and are involved in it.

“I hoped it was the turning point last time that I addressed these questions. You’d hope so.

“You hope that people see sense and realise that it’s not helping the team.

“And if they are real supporters, which I’m sure they say they are, then they need to realise pretty quickly that it will be the team and the club — their own club — that suffers. No-one else.

“They’re gaining absolutely nothing from this type of behaviour.”

Yet still people are clinging to the oooh but celtic sing this etc. Let's just worry about ourselves. What's this gonna take? Us to be sitting bottom of the league due to points deductions? 

Just watch. The flood gates have now opened. Can almost guarantee any songs sung during the old firm game next week and we will get absolutely hammered by the spfl. 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Can almost guarantee any songs sung during the old firm game next week and we will get absolutely hammered by the spfl. 

They know if they come after us in domestic games then they will have to go after others too, and they will not have the balls to dare to sanction celtic. Also, as has been drawn to their attention in the past, the fans of other clubs outside us and them sing naughty songs too, Killie, Dundee, Hearts, Sheep being the most obvious.

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Gerrard said: “I was obviously aware of the rivalry and the religion and the politics around it.

“But I didn’t realise how strong it was — I don’t think that you do until you actually come here and are involved in it.

“I hoped it was the turning point last time that I addressed these questions. You’d hope so.

“And if they are real supporters, which I’m sure they say they are, then they need to realise pretty quickly that it will be the team and the club — their own club — that suffers. No-one else.

Yet still people are clinging to the oooh but celtic sing this etc. Let's just worry about ourselves. What's this gonna take? Us to be sitting bottom of the league due to points deductions? 

Just watch. The flood gates have now opened. Can almost guarantee any songs sung during the old firm game next week and we will get absolutely hammered by the spfl. 

Yes the flood gates now open imo and all by the hand of Liewell.

For us this is about a level playing field , not whataboutary.

For them it is ALL about killing us off.

It will matter little next Thursday or in the OF game if we abstain from the offensive songs/words, as that is not what it's about. It's only the excuse and if we refrain from it, it will be something else. The reality and truth of it will matter not, as the narrative will win the day and worse when we are victiorious in both.

8 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

SPFL can't do anything about the songs. But the mhedia will have a field day. 

10 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Let’s take the moral high ground, it’s #everyone anyone not #everysong, any song. They are morally corrupt, let’s not try to equal them, let’s better them

We have been better than them for years and years. Where has it got us??? 

We are still vilified and attacked from every corner and they still rampage across every ground in scotland and Europe without a word said. 

When are people going to wake up, that no matter what we do they are going to keep on coming after us until we start fighting back. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We are still vilified and attacked from every corner and they still rampage across every ground in scotland and Europe without a word said. 

When are people going to wake up, that no matter what we do they are going to keep on coming after us until we start fighting back. 

Sure we have to defend ourselves but we cannot defend what is now deemed indefencible.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Fighting back? Yes! But not by defying UEFA. We do it by complaining en mass, lobbying, creating noise - WHILST keeping our own house in order

Archived