Gerrard Urges Fans To Cut It Out

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Hi, Steven, you clearly have no issue with fans singing naughty songs so please stay quite, thank you.

He'll clearly 100% be ignoring your advice. It doesn't matter what he ,you or I think , it only matters what UEFA think. Gerrard will lose 3000 fans next week with more to come if he listens to you. Gerrard has the highest profile at our club and must use this profile to help eliminate any behaviour which damages our club. I personally think this is a witch hunt and would like clarification about the word "fenian" as the people it's aimed at seem to relish being called "fenian"  but it doesn't matter what I think , if UEFA say jump you jump or die sadly.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

By WE, do you mean the fans who sung the songs?

Naw I mean our weakness as a club 

nauseating bunch running us .Not just this .

This is going to snowball ..Let's not kid ourselves 

They will now be making up stories every week for our league games .Our enemies will be having a massive hard on 

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

They = Rangers fans.

He is not a Rangers fan.

Not sure what the issue is here,  is it because he is saying something you don't agree with?

We or us would have been better but as i am now told hes not a fan of ours  he can say what he likes ......

Gerrard is being told what to say same as previous managers before him, don’t see the issue with anything he’s said (I’m pretty sure he’d prefer to only speak about football matters)

if our board say something, you can bet your arse Gerrard will reiterate it, it’s normal practice and looks like the club are on the same page to those on the outside

law abiding citizens will advise you not to break the law, it’s entirely your choice if you choose to heed the advice, but you take the consequences if you don’t 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Its they now instead of us...........

Hasn't he always referred to us, the fans, separately from the team? When usually calls for us at Ibrox he refers to us as 'the crowd" or the "fans". He did it last night talking about the second leg and he did it after Midtjylland in reference to the Hibs game.

Personally I think it's a shite position he's been put in and any Rangers manager would've said roughly the same as Gerrard.

Players used to be able to scythe cunts down from behind as they pleased. Most called it good tackling. Many believe the game was better back then because of it. You now get a straight red for a lot less.

Would be interesting to cross reference the "we'll chant what we want" crowd with those baying for Morelos' blood after his scum sending off.

It's harming the club and team, what's now deemed acceptable rightly or wrongly has long since changed and fans need to do what the club is asking them to. 

That all aside, there's a lack of balance between how the rules are applied to us in comparison to some others and I'm sure those in the media will try really hard to highlight that for us...

39 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

He'll clearly 100% be ignoring your advice. It doesn't matter what he ,you or I think , it only matters what UEFA think. Gerrard will lose 3000 fans next week with more to come if he listens to you. Gerrard has the highest profile at our club and must use this profile to help eliminate any behaviour which damages our club. I personally think this is a witch hunt and would like clarification about the word "fenian" as the people it's aimed at seem to relish being called "fenian"  but it doesn't matter what I think , if UEFA say jump you jump or die sadly.

bit in bold :tu:

The board have been accused of a lack of spine over this issue.  UEFA have been accused of a plot against Rangers over this issue.  Will Gerrard now be labelled as without a spine and part of a conspiracy or is he just telling it how it is?

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Can anyone confirm that we are getting hung for the word fenian....?

Thanks.

I reckon the club should be seeking clarification on EXACTLY what were the offending phrases/words. There can be no grey areas, after all there are nationalist and political songs sung at grounds all over Europe. Spain, Greece, turkey the Balkans etc etc every week. Find out exactly what we are getting done for otherwise they've got room to make up any offence to fit whatever they like.