Gerrard Urges Fans To Cut It Out

Bronzy

49 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No, i'm calling you an idiot because your suggestion about replacing the word "fenian" with "green yin" is idiotic.

If you think that an adult would consider doing this, or even if they did, it would make any difference, then you're an idiot - there's no other word for it tbh.

In order to avoid fucking over the club you support.....that’s a fairly critical part to the conversation but you just seem to cherry pick words and ignore the subtext and context of the leading conversations.

You did say you don’t condone the songs tho’. That is correct isn’t it? If so then the default position is that you agree they are offensive. So, I’m guessing you also consider all those who sing ‘Fenian blood’ idiots too?

Like I said, if you happen to shout and sing all the stuff deemed offensive by the authorities don’t complain when Rangers get punished. 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

UEFA have strict liability. The SFA do not.

Did the team from Gibraltar complain ? They did not.

It's the self appointed PC crowd that are determined to destroy free speech. But the message from the club is clear.  Cut out it out on European nights.

UEFA don’t have strict liability. 

They have selective liability. 

19 minutes ago, beararse said:

In order to avoid fucking over the club you support.....that’s a fairly critical part to the conversation but you just seem to cherry pick words and ignore the subtext and context of the leading conversations.

You did say you don’t condone the songs tho’. That is correct isn’t it? If so then the default position is that you agree they are offensive. So, I’m guessing you also consider all those who sing ‘Fenian blood’ idiots too?

Like I said, if you happen to shout and sing all the stuff deemed offensive by the authorities don’t complain when Rangers get punished. 

The "default position" ffs.

I don't condone the songs because we're being punished for singing them, i'm not offended by them and i couldn't give a fuck who's offended by them or the word fenian or any other words tbh. 

UEFA considers them offensive/sectarian and that's all that matters.

If anyone continues to sing these songs after we've been punished and told there will be further punishment if we continue to sing them and it harms the club, then of course i consider them idiots.

If you respond to this, can you actually read my post and attempt to understand it before randomly typing pish.

24 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

UEFA considers them offensive/sectarian and that's all that matters.

If anyone continues to sing these songs after we've been punished and told there will be further punishment if we continue to sing them and it harms the club, then of course i consider them idiots

So we agree on something then!

Stop calling me/others an idiot when you simply don’t agree with something posted, and I’ll not automatically assume you are an idiot for doing so. 

Deal? 🙂

1 minute ago, beararse said:

So we agree on something then!

Stop calling me/others an idiot when you simply don’t agree with something posted, and I’ll not automatically assume you are an idiot for doing so. 

Deal? 🙂

No deal i'm afraid.

If i see anyone suggesting that we should replace the word fenian with green yin, they'll be called an idiot immediately tbh.

12 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No deal i'm afraid.

If i see anyone suggesting that we should replace the word fenian with green yin, they'll be called an idiot immediately tbh.

Fair enough ....

and if I see someone calling another an idiot without explanation or reasoned justification simply because they have a different thought I’ll assume they’re an idiot too.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Fair enough ....

and if I see someone calling another an idiot without explanation or reasoned justification simply because they have a different I’ll assume they’re an idiot too.

I explained why your suggestion was idiotic and the reasons are justifiable because it would never work.

If you think it's a good idea that'll work, then you should start singing it at the next match and see what people think? 

Also, can you record it and post the video of their reaction please. 

Good luck.

38 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I explained why your suggestion was idiotic and the reasons are justifiable because it would never work.

If you think it's a good idea that'll work, then you should start singing it at the next match and see what people think? 

Also, can you record it and post the video of their reaction please. 

Good luck.

Like we agreed, don’t sing it.

If you do, change it however you see fit, just make sure you don’t punish the team.

4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bizarre that there's so many folk on here that can't see that the simple solution here is to just not sing the song. All I've been reading since yesterday is:

"Replace the word fenians with paedophiles/green yins"

"The board aren't defending us"

"What about the taigs or (insert random European team here) doing whatever and getting away with it"

"This is Peter Lawwell's doing"

"Fenian doesn't mean what UEFA think it means, we need to fight it"

Place is absolutely littered with halfwits.

:lol:

Harsh but fair.

13 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

And not for the first time, moving tav to left back and Flanagan to rb will take some beating tho 

Re: Tav post, I agree. It probably will take some beating.....

So, two posts over 7 or 8 years have caused you such offence that you feel it gives you the right to tell a fellow Rangers fan to shut it on Rangers fans forum?

Not sure if you read my entire post regards the singing, or just the first few lines and stopped reading. If you did read it you will have noted that I support the right to use the word Fenian in our songs, I just don’t happen to think it necessary.

Its easy to take one line from a post and contort it.

I never said ‘we should sing....’ I said if you want to sing the song unpunished then change the contentious word, here’s an example.

Simple as that.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Re: Tav post, I agree. It probably will take some beating.....

So, two posts over 7 or 8 years have caused you such offence that you feel it gives you the right to tell a fellow Rangers fan to shut it on Rangers fans forum?

Not sure if you read my entire post regards the singing, or just the first few lines and stopped reading. If you did read it you will have noted that I support the right to use the word Fenian in our songs, I just don’t happen to think it necessary.

Its easy to take one line from a post and contort it.

I never said ‘we should sing....’ I said if you want to sing the song unpunished then change the contentious word, here’s an example.

Simple as that.

First of all let’s get things right I never said shut it I said give it a rest with your pish talking, I did say your an idiot, your tav thread just attracted my attention to you, and yes that’s the only 2 things  thats caught my eye, that gives me the impression your an attention seeking idiot

3 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

UEFA have strict liability. The SFA do not.

Did the team from Gibraltar complain ? They did not.

It's the self appointed PC crowd that are determined to destroy free speech. But the message from the club is clear.  Cut out it out on European nights.

Bottle it all up for the weekend games, got ye.

CraftyHardtofindIvorybilledwoodpecker-ma

12 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

First of all let’s get things right I never said shut it I said give it a rest with your pish talking, I did say your an idiot, your tav thread just attracted my attention to you, and yes that’s the only 2 things  thats caught my eye, that gives me the impression your an attention seeking idiot

Ah, so ‘Just gee it a fucking rest ya banger ye, fed up seeing your shitey posts’ isn’t you telling me to stop talking/posting?

Re ‘attention seeking idiot’, you are absolutely spot on, as my prolific 1,393 posts over 13 years proves. I just crave attention, me.

There are plenty on here who I think are wired to the moon (and no doubt vice versa), but I (and they) don’t go about telling fellow members  to ‘give it a rest’ and calling them an idiot.

It’s a forum, (definition: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged) so if you cannae handle it or are incapable of debating an alternate opinion without telling folk to ‘give it a rest ya fucking banger’, especially when you aren’t actually involved directly in the ‘conversation’, then I respectfully suggest you shouldn’t bother logging on.

Cue ‘fuck off ya tit’

34 minutes ago, beararse said:

Ah, so ‘Just gee it a fucking rest ya banger ye, fed up seeing your shitey posts’ isn’t you telling me to stop talking/posting?

Re ‘attention seeking idiot’, you are absolutely spot on, as my prolific 1,393 posts over 13 years proves. I just crave attention, me.

There are plenty on here who I think are wired to the moon (and no doubt vice versa), but I (and they) don’t go about telling fellow members  to ‘give it a rest’ and calling them an idiot.

It’s a forum, (definition: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged) so if you cannae handle it or are incapable of debating an alternate opinion without telling folk to ‘give it a rest ya fucking banger’, especially when you aren’t actually involved directly in the ‘conversation’, then I respectfully suggest you shouldn’t bother logging on.

Cue ‘fuck off ya tit’

Proves me right..attention seeking prick!

46 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Proves me right..attention seeking prick!

Says the guy engaging in a charm offensive all over this place. If that’s not attention seeking I don’t know what is..

First, I was a to ‘gie it rest ya fucking banger with your shitey posts’ 

AND  you’ve been having a similar go at @mitre_mouldmaster  on another similar type of thread, and I quote:

‘Says some fucking bam! so we better listen to mr Rangers eh. wind yer neck in ya fucking roaster or tell you whit next time you hear a song you don’t like (if you even go to games), try talking to them the way you posted that an see if your wanted at ibrox ya fuckin helmet ye!why don’t you fuck off if you don’t like what you hear, WANKER!!’

Limited in your argument, but entirely consistent, I’ll give you that.