CD7 Closed

45 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Any of us who are incapable of creating an atmosphere on a European night need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask themselves why?   Much as the UBs do an excellent job BF1 is one section in one part of the ground. Time to stand up and be counted.

If you stand up in most sections and sing at ibrox you'll be moaned at. Like you say time to stand up and be counted, get behind our boys! 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So we keep on signing, get fined or stadium closed or kicked out the tournament which impacts on income and available revenue as well as longer term attracting players? 

Not to mention if the SFA start to try and follow suit and start placing sanctions.

But as long as the party atmosphere keeps on going we have nothing to worry about.

SFA won’t do fuck all. 

They ain’t opening that can of worms, because even they wouldn’t be able to not take action against the fenians. 

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That’s a war they’ll lose very quickly. The UBs/BF1 was the area that was reported therefore the club don’t really have much option but to close it. 

Rather than go to war with them they would be better served working with the club as they are best placed to stop this from happening again, IMO. 

Wonder what assessment the Board gives to the risk of a domino effect in closing BF1.       For instance how close might they be to deciding it closes for all domestic games too.   

The point being that the Board uses this closure next week to force the issue (as the Board sees it) and to create a crisis mentality as a means of setting about finding a long term acceptable solution.     A case of the Club looking to engage in war with UB …..and win it...and not the other way round.    Has the season arrived where skirmishes become replaced by more militant words and actions from all parties.      That's one route this could take it seems to me. 

Difficult times when the only major thing being talked about on Thursday evening was whether Gerrard could put out a side that wins against Legia next week.  

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

You kid yourself on they don’t drive a one way agenda. I’ll be realistic.

If our board stood by and let these rules into our league then allowed it to be so unevenly ruled on they would find Ibrox very angry very quickly. 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

And we didn’t win a home game when they weren’t singing. I’m absolutely dreading Thursday now. 

Whatever the atmosphere Gerrard has his job to do.   He needs to pick a team and motivate it to win whether they are playing at a near full Ibrox 'rocking' as he puts it, or whether they are playing in front of a silent or even hostile crowd who are on the backs of the team if the game is not going well, as well as being on the backs of those sat in the Directors' box.         Gerrard is not going to get away with ascribing any sort of blame on the lack of atmosphere for failing to win the tie.  That, imo, simply will not do.

Whether they are good enough to beat Legia with or without Ibrox rocking is another matter.    It seems to me that this nonsense of sections of the stadium being closed and the resulting stirring up of Supporter unrest will feed through to the players.   Whether it has a neutral effect, an adverse effect or a positive effect on each of them remains to be seen.   But that is why a manager needs to have them all properly focussed and mentally ready to deal with whatever atmosphere happens on the night      

27 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Something I find suspect is why they have waited until we have sold the tickets before informing us that we have to keep 3000 empty seats.. what's their reasons for fucking over fans who have already bought tickets? Why could this not have waited until our next home game?

The board knew we were getting charged yet said fuck all even though we have had euro games since,there is most definitely an agenda here and the ub are going to suffer most. The scum bend over backwards to accommodate the gb and now they are untouchable i.e. banners,singing attacking Rangers pubs,dancing on top of police vans,pyro ect. Whereas with our board nothing they do since the hibs final surprises me,they are not fit for purpose and actually appear to detest their own support.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If our board stood by and let these rules into our league then allowed it to be so unevenly ruled on they would find Ibrox very angry very quickly. 

TBH the current SFA rules are already meted out unevenly and our board roll over.

If Liewell thinks the scum can get around UEFA rules, then he would have the sfa adopt them.  He is under severe pressure for delivering ten and he will do everything in his power to do that by whatever means. I would be unsurprised to see them introduced along with points deductions sooner than later.

I could write the script.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

TBH the current SFA rules are already meted out unevenly and our board roll over.

If Liewell thinks the scum can get around UEFA rules, then he would have the sfa adopt them.  He is under severe pressure for delivering ten and he will do everything in his power to do that by whatever means. I would be unsurprised to see them introduced along with points deductions sooner than later.

I could write the script.

I honestly think it would be the straw that broke the camels back mate. 

Mind you after the response from some of our so called own today, you might be right. 

57 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I honestly think it would be the straw that broke the camels back mate. 

Mind you after the response from some of our so called own today, you might be right. 

I think this finding has simply opened the floofgates on us. 

We all get the sectarian label bit and that's bad enough, but to very publicly brand us as racist, that takes it to a whole new level entirely and everyone just gets that, particularly after all the recent Pogba shit. There's hell on.

For me, it's no coincidence that it happens as we are on the ascendancy and on the way to our last and most important game in the qualifiers, whilst the scum are in turmoil, with crashing out the CL, wanting Liewell out, yellow fang problems, paedo issues and 10iar.

If it wasn't bad enough with ref's, the CO and trial by media last season, I now fully expect much worse this one.

@yermaw145 stated on the other thread that this had Liewell's prints all over it and imo bang on the money. Liewell/Hollicom have done their homework well. It happened 5 weeks ago and not even the club who knew about it, even mentions it, but today throws us under a bus. The timing is perfect and I smell shite.

I am behind the UB's 100% on this and its fucking shocking the way the board have thrown them under the bus..

But as far as Thursday goes, those of us there need to create a seige mentallity and get the place rocking. With the best will in the world to the boys in BF1, the best atmospheres I have experienced at Ibrox were all before they arrived.

Absolutely no excuse for the place not to be bouncing on Thursday night. 

Fucking joke tbh, the union bears are more the club than those self serving spineless bastards in charge, why don’t they try fucking defending the fans for a change, as much as I hate the tarriers there’s no way they cunts would take this lying down, we’re an easy target with these bridge building fucking clowns in charge and others know it. 

9 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

This game next week has went from being potentially one of the best atmospheres Ibrox has produced in years to it being utter fucking dug shite and everyone scared to open their mouths.

That was the plan all along, this has Liewell all over it fucking reeks of that cunt, genuinely hope he dies soon.

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The Club need to come out specifically and say this is the list of unacceptable songs and why, and then fans can follow suit. 

There’s far too much ambiguity. People are guessing, from TBB to Ryan Jack song. 

The Club, as usual, are acting like amateurs. 

There’s no ambiguity. The majority of our fans know the songs that will get us in trouble 

the club can’t dictate what is sung only we can 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s no ambiguity. The majority of our fans know the songs that will get us in trouble 

the club can’t dictate what is sung only we can 

So what songs have we been specifically cited for? And what others aren’t allowed?