Lawwell - Conflict of interest

Robb

Put simply, UEFA is a Popish organisation. I don't expect anything less from them.

They tried to ban us from Europe for 3 years in 1972, after we had the audacity to win one of their competitions.

Granted, the fact that we battered fuck out of Corrupt Franco's stormtroopers didn't help matters either 🙄

Fucking love The Rangers so a dae :UK:

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Is there really?

You have to be living in a bubble to not have seen any of the news about racist abuse of players in the premier league and around twitter. Uefa and the PL have been under fire for not doing enough, Twitter higher ups met with Man united to talk to see if there is anything they can do to prevent it. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Put simply, UEFA is a Popish organisation. I don't expect anything less from them.

They tried to ban us from Europe for 3 years in 1972, after we had the audacity to win one of their competitions.

Granted, the fact that we battered fuck out of Corrupt Franco's stormtroopers didn't help matters either 🙄

Fucking love The Rangers so a dae :UK:

lol

4 minutes ago, shenders said:

You have to be living in a bubble to not have seen any of the news about racist abuse of players in the premier league and around twitter. Uefa and the PL have been under fire for not doing enough, Twitter higher ups met with Man united to talk to see if there is anything they can do to prevent it. 

The Pogba and Chelsea thing has happened this week ffs.

Twitter :lol: 

And this singing happened a month ago so what happened this week on twitter has absolutely no bearing what so ever.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nothing more than a pathetic attempt at currying favour. If Lawwell had any if this power folk seem to think he does, celtic wouldnt be up on charges in front of UEFA regularly. 

Regularly? Really ? A few slaps on the wrist for very serious transgressions under the remit of a very heavy-handed governing body?

The same organisation already severely criticised for failing to stop the rampant racism in eastern European leagues?

Yes, the taigs have been duly chastised comparably

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nothing more than a pathetic attempt at currying favour. If Lawwell had any if this power folk seem to think he does, celtic wouldnt be up on charges in front of UEFA regularly. 

They were regularly punished by uefa, but it was pocket change fines not stadium closures, that’s why their fans didn’t care and continued their antics

To my knowledge their scumbag fans haven’t cleaned up their act, but it was 2017 that they were last charged, how long has liewell been involved with uefa or the ECA? 🤔

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

celtic have paid UEFA £237k in fines over the last 10 years.

This has been the whole argument in the last 24 hrs. it's not that we shouldn't sing TBB because we shouldn't, it is that fines, suspensions are not equally shared. Don't give a fuck if someone mentions whataboutery  to me. There is an obvious bias and it is not a conspiracy. Has Lawwell got his paws on this? I say highly likely based on who the match delegate was that night. He might not be directly involved at UEFA but he is sleekit.

14 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Regularly? Really ? A few slaps on the wrist for very serious transgressions under the remit of a very heavy-handed governing body?

The same organisation already severely criticised for failing to stop the rampant racism in eastern European leagues?

Yes, the taigs have been duly chastised comparably

Yes, regularly. Something like 11 charges in 10 years.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's appointed to a committee that has absolutely no involvment in ANY disciplinary matters to represent a third-party's interests to UEFA. If people actually bothered to look at the detail in things before donning their tinfoil hats it would be fantastic.

Cosy little chats behind closed doors doesn't happen then?

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This has been the whole argument in the last 24 hrs. it's not that we shouldn't sing TBB because we shouldn't, it is that fines, suspensions are not equally shared. Don't give a fuck if someone mentions whataboutery  to me. There is an obvious bias and it is not a conspiracy. Has Lawwell got his paws on this? I say highly likely based on who the match delegate was that night. He might not be directly involved at UEFA but he is sleekit.

The offence we were charged with has a fixed penalty (section closure). The various offences they have been charged with carry a range of sanctions (suspended fine to section closures.) The two aren't comparable.

Just now, Coplandrear25 said:

And these folk from all around Europe all jump to Mr. Lawwell's command and implement their secret plan to fuck us. Why didn't they do it last season? Or the season before?

15 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

They were regularly punished by uefa, but it was pocket change fines not stadium closures, that’s why their fans didn’t care and continued their antics

To my knowledge their scumbag fans haven’t cleaned up their act, but it was 2017 that they were last charged, how long has liewell been involved with uefa or the ECA? 🤔

The earliest I can see (I admittedly checked the first five google results) is 2014.

They didn't get a section closure because it was the harshest of the available penalties for what they were charged with. Ours was the only penalty for what we were charged with.

Just now, The Dude said:

And these folk from all around Europe all jump to Mr. Lawwell's command and implement their secret plan to fuck us. Why didn't they do it last season? Or the season before?

You could say the same about our song book We have been singing them for years Why now?

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The offence we were charged with has a fixed penalty (section closure). The various offences they have been charged with carry a range of sanctions (suspended fine to section closures.) The two aren't comparable.

They have been guilty of a vast array of offences and fined. One of the fines was for a Palestine banner I believe. Absolutely they are comparable.

2 hours ago, Robb said:

Now that he has been 'appointed' into Uefa, would he have any say on the outcome on the decision to scrap 3000 seats. 

Surely the cunt is a tarrier through and through, and would like to see us fall on our arse. 

His conflict of interest surely must have been at the SFA also. 

Please enligjten. Dont get it. 

I think It's ok with King and our board . I think King has absolutely zero leverage with any of our enemies . And I have my own thoughts on why .

Scandalous but that is what MY CLUB is up against 2019

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Why would he have a conflict of interest? He's got absolutely no involvment in the disciplinary committees. He's been 'appointed' to UEFA as a representative of the ECA.

He is the leader of the conspiracy don’t ye know! This is kinda like the thread that blames FARE for everything - a car crash. 

4 minutes ago, Coplandrear25 said:

What you’re describing is more than a “little chat” it’s a conspiracy.  It’s suggesting that Peter Lawwell has influenced numerous people employed by UEFA in an effort to unfairly target Rangers.  Why would they do as Lawwell says?  Has he bribed them?  There’s no evidence to support any of this.  

48 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hitler also took advantage of a widely-held anti-semitism and that to inflate his own popularity. Unless there's a similar anti-Rangers feeling in Nyon, then... 

The point I was making is he was a nobody,  an even bigger nobody than lawwell but convinced a lot of highly educated Germans  to embrace his ideals